Deloitte

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

I applied Senior audit associate Position on the Company's Website. One weeks later, I received Email from the HR and scheduled an phone interview with her. I received the on-site interview invitation two days after the phone interview. Then I filled out the form for background check purpose on line. The link for the form was provided by Deloitte. The on-site interview included two 1:1 interview. One was with the Pater, another was with the senior audit parter. The interview was 1 hour totally. Not long after my interview, I received an email that i did not get the offer. Overall the interview experience was good and the people in Deloitte are very nice.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Referred by manager. Sent resume to manager, contacted next day for interview at the end of the week. I was contacted the following Monday with an offer. Simple Process.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions. Name a time you had failed at a task. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2011.

For this position, it is important to understand that you are a commodity. The interviewers will not be asking technical questions about the most recent accounting standard or what kind of accounting treatment a lease should get. They are interested in finding someone with a positive attitude, a CPA (or a plan to achieve it), and someone that they will enjoy working with (as you will be working with them some very late nights).

Interview Questions
    • There really were no curveballs thrown at me. Like any other interview, it is important to be prepared for the question, "why are you interested in us?" and "why are you leaving your current job?"   Answer Question
    I interviewed with three of the four big accounting firms. When I decided to go with Deloitte, I asked them to match the highest offer I received, and they did. For this position, there is not much wiggle room, but if you are a hot commodity, they are willing to up your base salary a couple of thousand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

You have to constantly call the recruiting manager and show you are interested all the time. Unless you take the initiative, they will dismiss your resume. You have to do your homework about the company and the position you are applying for; many times the recruiting manager has no idea of the details of the position, and to your advantage, that shows interest.

Since the recruiter knew less than me about the position, it turned out it wasn't for my city. I had to decline because I can't move and it was too far away to commute.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Via on-campus interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2009.

I interview through graduate school so the process was atypical.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

Firstly got a phone call from HR, kinda like a phone screening; then went to the site for two 1:1 interviews - one partner & one director. The next day got a phone call to ask for another phone interview with another partner who's not on this site. Two days later, HR called and said "congratulation!". All questions are behavior-related. Plus - must be very familar with the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Let's go over your resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your manager asked you to do some task, which was an impossible mission. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Audit Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2011.

Came into the office and had a one on one interview with 2 different partners, as well as a senior manager. I was later taken out to dinner with 2 staff members that i would be working with in order to get a feel for the company. The questions with partners were not difficult, they just wanted to get to know me as a person.