Deloitte Audit Senior Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I was an experienced hire from a regional firm. Had two half-hour interviews with Director and Partner, interview consisted of an even mix of questions on experience and job/company details provided.

Interview Questions

• How have you given back to the community?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied through campus career center and was contacted for an interview on campus with one person. No technical questions were asked, only behavioral questions. I was invited to their offices for a second round of interviews. This time I met with 2 partners and 1 director. These were all behavioral questions too.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected. If you research behavioral questions and prepare a few situations you can spin multiple ways you will be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Lincoln, NE) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• ZERO ZERO ZERO work/life balance. Execs have been saying for YEARS that they understand and will make it better. But in actuality, it gets worse every year! It is obviously top management LIP SERVICE because if they meant it, they could fix it tomorrow. They have hundreds of BILLIONS in the bank. If they REALLY cared about employee work/life balance, they could bring aboard the right number of folks to make that issue dissolve. Sick of hearing the lies. Just don't lie about wanting to fix it, when they clearly DON'T care   1 Answer

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Campus recruiting entails submitting resume and being wined and dined by all the firms. All of the big four are the same, so it's helpful to get to know the culture of each firm. However, more likely than not, the people who recruited you will have quit by the time you start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non existent

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

2 interviews, one with HR personnel and the other with a partner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was accepted

Senior Audit Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview

Met with one manager and one partner. Mainly talked about the previous working experience. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. I received the offer about 5 days after the interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with HR sepcialist and manager. My resume was sent to HR manager and after interview was accepted by manager. The HR specilist conducted 30 minutes phone interview asking me about myself and my working experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you used your own experinece for solving problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Got interviewed by 2 partners, now i work with both partners and very thankful. I found out within a week if i was hired and what my offer was. I spoke to HR then the two partners. I met them in their office downtown and they asked questions about background, why i'm leaving my old firm, and what my experience is.

Interview Questions

• Accounting classes in school   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The recruiters with Deloitte seem very nice and are very responsive and quick with the whole job interview process. I had a phone interview with the recruiter...basic background questions, talked about the firm a little, and some other bs. The in-person interview, I met with two partners. One was in the insurance industry, the other was in the private equity/hedge fund industry. Both interviews went well, according to my point of view. One of the partners (private equity/hedge fund) said that I had a "99% chance of getting an offer". Fast forward 2 days, I got a call from the recruiter stating that I did not get an offer. I asked her why, and she told me that they "interviewed other candidates and felt that they were better suited for the role". (Just to let you know, I'm from a small/local public accounting firm, so some of the skills that I stated during the interview process might not have been relevant to the applied position.)

Interview Questions

• Take me through the whole audit process your current firm performs and what is your function in that process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process was very much based on the traditional behavioral questions which tries to assess how one would approach completing tasks, organizational behavior (i.e. Do you make lists) communicating with others, personal strengths and weaknesses, etc. in addition to a phone interview, there is an office and multiple in person interviews with senior managers and partners followed by a dinner with current staff members.