Deloitte

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Staff Interview

On campus interview was with two different people. Both appeared stressed out and unhappy. Didn't respond to my answers or provide insight, just moved on to the next question. I did not get a good feel from the on campus interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

Office interview was very casual and just a nice meet-and-great. Had a great time. They took me out to eat at a local restaurant and treated me very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Smooth and organized interview process. Interviewed with 3 managers/partners for 30 min each. All 3 interviews were conversation based and the interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to talk about myself and why I want to work at Deloitte. I was also asked questions regarding my prior job experiences.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte.

The interviewers were really nice. I interviewed with two managers and one partner. They asked behavior question. They want to really know you and see if you will be a fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about time that you had to deal with a difficult client?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

The first round interview was on campus and consisted of two interviews. I had the interview with a partner and senior manager. The interviewers were nice and they asked basic behavior questions. They asked me to introduce myself first and asked questions about my background. It was not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Initial communication was by email to schedule an interview in person in Los Angeles, about two weeks in advance. Interview itself began with all candidates on that particular day being gathered in a conference room for a presentation and Q&A with managers. Each candidate was subsequently interviewed by three individual superiors (partners, managers, etc) each lasting about 30 minutes a piece. Questions were typical and generic - What draws you to the profession, Leadership experience, favorite college course, etc. All in all a present and professional experience.

Was called a few weeks later to be given the unfortunate news, but not many organizations would give phone calls like that. Most send out an unprofessional generic email. I appreciated the phone call at least.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have faced adversity in a team environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Initial contact through college recruiters at Meet The Firm events. They maintained contact as I expressed interest. The interviews were initially on campus and then later in house. The questions were mostly behavioral based, but then the last few (in house) were more a meet and greet with various senior members of the firm. My offer was communicated shortly afterwards (within 24 hours).

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage change and working with difficult people?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as there was very little room (especially with salary). I could have negotiated location, but not salary or start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Got the first round interview invitation through campus recruiting. It was set up with two back-to-back behavioral interviews with a Director and a Partner.

Interview Questions
    • The least favorite part of the most recent internship. Not expected to talk about any negative side of the most recent one, which I planned to highlight.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

On campus recruiting:
    1. On campus interview, introduction of yourself, and "tell me a situation where you have ..." type of questions. Interviewed with two people, one senior manager (6 yrs), one director with more than 15 yrs of experience.
    2. two weeks latter, invited for an office-visit. Started at 3 pm. 3 short interviews with different persons, one of them is a partner. Followed by a dinner.
    3. two weeks latter, received a call from the recruiting manager, saying they cannot extend an offer at this time because of limited space.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an example where you have listened to someone else's opinions and the results.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Campus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Spoke with the campus recruiter a few weeks prior to attending a campus recruiting event. Went to event and spoke with the campus recruiter as well as a second year staff that asked me questions as she checked things off of a clipboard. The next day I was invited to an on campus interview for the following week. Deloitte had brought in two staff members to talk with the ones waiting to be interviewed as the prior interviews were being completed. Interview was fairly simple, lasted half an hour. Asked basic questions about describing myself, what I like to do, and why I liked public accounting. Gave me a "save the date" card for an office interview for two weeks from then. In the end two weeks had passed yet I still had received no notification on an update. I ended up reaching out to the recruiter and getting a response a few days later. Basically Deloitte likes their staff to come in with no experience so they can mold them the way they want, and I already had experience and they didn't like that. Ended up going with another of the big four.

Interview Questions
    • All relativity standard. Asked a lot of team related questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!