Deloitte

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2007.

Interview Details – First round of interviews was on campus with a pre-interview happy hour event. Consisted of a one-on-one interview. Second round of interviews consisted of an office visit. A pre-internview dinner was hosted the night before the interview. Office visit was an all-day event, consisting of several presentations, lunch, and four additional interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a challenging experience working with a team. How did you hanlde it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were very limited.

Audit Staff

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2007.

Interview Details – submitted resume through career services at university, got a call a week later that i had been picked for on -campus interview. a week later i had two interviews with two different people on the same day, half hour each. was mostly just casual conversation about who i was and what i wanted to do, no situation questions were asked. but i kind of knew the people from going to prior recruiting events that the company put on, so it was more comfortable. i was called back for an office visit a week later, had dinner with staff the night before, interviewed with two managers, and a partner, had lunch with staff, everything was nice. later that day, the partner provided me with the offer letter. i had to return by a certain date and decline all other offers.

Interview Question – Tell me about your prior work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing, everything is set in stone. you can negotiate where you want to end up working, but don't tell them that you want to move from the outset

Hartford, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

Interview Details – very nice people. interview questions were intense. must be prepared for interview. The work culture seemed great. behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

Interview Details – The campus recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. She then reached out to me within a week to schedule a face-to-face interview. I met with a senior manager and a partner for about 20 minutes each.

Interview Question – What amount of auditing experience have you had?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Get the opportunity on campus. Interviewed by two partners one from NY one from Chicago. Each interview is 30 minutes. All questions are behavior. Partners are extremely nice.

Interview Questions

Audit Staff

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2009.

Interview Details – HR were efficient to respond to questions, but slow to process the actual application.
Interview was at Deloitte offices, consisting of 1st Manager review, being competency based, and 2nd Partner review, being more general, but focused on communication skills and commercial awareness.
Ultimate outcome was delivered within one week of partner interview.

Interview Question – Give me your understanding of the importance of the audit profession in today's environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I applied as a college senior majoring in accounting to the Big 4 firms. My interview with Deloitte was the most difficult, most structured of the 4. The interview was structured with "what-if" and "tell me about a time" scenarios, such as "Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and the team was not cooperating. What did you do to fix the situation?" All questions were formed this way.

Interview Question – "Tell me about your biggest weakness." Make sure to turn your weakness into a strength!   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication was by email to schedule an interview in person in Los Angeles, about two weeks in advance. Interview itself began with all candidates on that particular day being gathered in a conference room for a presentation and Q&A with managers. Each candidate was subsequently interviewed by three individual superiors (partners, managers, etc) each lasting about 30 minutes a piece. Questions were typical and generic - What draws you to the profession, Leadership experience, favorite college course, etc. All in all a present and professional experience.

Was called a few weeks later to be given the unfortunate news, but not many organizations would give phone calls like that. Most send out an unprofessional generic email. I appreciated the phone call at least.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have faced adversity in a team environment.   Answer Question

Audit Staff
Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Interview Details – Great people and work culture.

Process divided into 3 steps
1. Skills test
2. Discussion
3. 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – Impact of EU crash on South African trade.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Audit Staff

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The interviewers were really nice. I interviewed with two managers and one partner. They asked behavior question. They want to really know you and see if you will be a fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about time that you had to deal with a difficult client?   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!