Deloitte Audit Staff Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Cleveland, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus for the position of Audit Staff. It was very informal, more of a "get to know you as a person" interview. If you perform well, you are invited to an office visit in order to undergo two rounds of behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to overcome adversity to meet a goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Richmond, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Went in a lil nervous but the interviewers are very friendly. They make you feel very comfortable. Second yr associates took us out to lunch after the interview. Casual conversation during lunch.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neuilly-sur-Seine (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Neuilly-sur-Seine (France)) in March 2014.

Interview

Convocation dans les bureaux de Neuilly sur Seine. Passage d'un test d'anglais qui est plus difficile que dans les autres cabinets du big 4 dans lesquels j'ai pu passer des entretiens. Passage d'un test de personnalité et enfin interview avec un manager de type classique présentations suivie de questions banales sur les raisons du choix de ce cabinet plutôt qu'un autre, raison du choix de ce poste, que va-t-on apporter à l'entreprise et aux équipes avec lesquelles on va être amener à travailler.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Le test d'anglais est décisif, il faut avoir au dessus de la moyenne (donnée en %) pour continuer. L'entretien s'est bien passé : Manager agréable et curieux de connaitre la personne qu'il interview. Pas de questions vraiment pièges.

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

I was a MAC graduate student when I interviewed. The interview was weird.

To start, the night before the on-campus interviews, Deloitte hosted a bowling event at a local bowling alley. I can't bowl, which wasn't good because I felt like I was being judged on my bowling.

The actual on-campus interviews happened the following day. Everyone interviewed with two people - a partner and senior staff member. The senior talked for a few minutes about Deloitte, and then asked me what questions I had for him. He literally asked no questions about me or my experience.

The partner I interviewed with next was not much better. He also told me about Deloitte, and did ask me several questions. All the questions were generic, standard interview questions.

I think both the partner and senior realized during the interview that I was gay, and I got the feeling that being gay somehow disqualified my candidacy. Overall, my impression of Deloitte is that it is an "old boys club". If you're not a straight, white male, then they're not going to hire you.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Senario and case study, must show analytical skills and apply theory to provide strategic options. Gave me 30 min to evaluate case then present on issues and recommendations to the company I order to address these issues.

Pay rate

Audit Staff Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

Interview

College recruiter reached out to me because she had gotten my resume from a business conference I attended
    I spoke with 2 recruiters then had a phone interview. The interview was very relaxed no situational questions only resume review and tell me about yourself.....
    Then I got invited to the Nashville office where I interviewed with 3 people back to back 30 minute interviews. All pretty much the same. Very conversation based. Only a few basic questions the rest was getting to know you to see how well you would fit into the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why you chose accounting? Why audit? Make sure you know what you want to specialize in.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Two rounds, conversational, the director of audit practice, very little eye contact with me, just kept taking notes on my resume. You need to engage the interviewer as much as you can. Second round is stressful, be prepared!

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth. In my personal case, I went directly to the second round interview at the main office as I was referred by a friend who already worked for the firm. I first received a phone call from the reviewer who asked me simple questions about my self and my goals, then she gave me the details of the second round interview. At the main office, I met with a senior manager and a partner for about 20 minutes each. Everyone was very friendly and assuring, from the greeters to the interviewers. The interviews went well, it was a conversation-like interview. Interviewers asked about myself, my goals and aspirations. I also asked some questions about the firm and the different clients they served as well as their personal experience with the firm.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which one of the team members in your team is not being helpful or is not participating in the task at hand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied throuh college. Networking event the night before the interview. Two face to face interviews with partners. First interview behavioral questions and review of resume. Second interview informal conversation about my habies and previous experience. I received an offer 2 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project you had at work and things did not go as you expected. What did you do to fix things?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for salary negotiation since it was an entry level.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

They had one large group interview for all of the people applying for the internship program and audit associate job. They grouped all of us together. We had a dinner on Thursday night were you just got to mingle and get to know everyone - both the people interviewing and people who work there. Then on Friday we had basically an all day interview with included a presentation, interviews with three different employees, and lunch with your group. The interview process was very well done and very fun. It allowed you to get a great feel for the culture there. It was a very thorough interview.

Interview Questions

• A few behavioral questions where I had to name the problem, what I did to solve the problem, and then the consequences of the actions I took.   Answer Question