Deloitte

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – 1: 1st round of interview are all behaviral questoins: 1) What qualities do you think a good leader should have? Describe your leadership experience.. 2) How do you manage your time? 3) Describe a difficult/challenging time you have? 4) Describe a time that you have different opinions with your co-workers/teammates, and how do you solve it?
2: Networking Dinner
3: My 2nd round of interview (on-site) are more conversational. Mainly talk about my resume, and if there is any questions I have for the interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me your experience of dealing with customers   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I applied as a college senior majoring in accounting to the Big 4 firms. My interview with Deloitte was the most difficult, most structured of the 4. The interview was structured with "what-if" and "tell me about a time" scenarios, such as "Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and the team was not cooperating. What did you do to fix the situation?" All questions were formed this way.

Interview Question – "Tell me about your biggest weakness." Make sure to turn your weakness into a strength!   Answer Question

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – On campus interview, and then it was the in-house second interview. Three interviews back to back and then lunch with seniors and associates.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Audit Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed through campus recruitment. Interviewer was friendly, mostly interested in team based experiences. Asked us to bring transcripts to the first interview.

Interview Question – I failed to expand upon interviewer's probing into my past experiences.   Answer Question

Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2009.

Interview Details – On-campus interviews, standard questions that related to grades, extracurricular accounting work completed. Often payed most attention to GPA. Began with on-campus meet and greet, would apply for job positions through school's career fair website. Would receive e-mail indicating acceptance or not for on-campus interview. If first round passed, would get office visit, for second round. Then offers would come

Interview Question – What was the hardest decision of your life.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

Interview Details – Pre-interview dinner event, 1:1 interview

Interview Question – How have you used networking? otherwise very basic questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had on-site interview with two partners in November. They were both very nice to talk to.

Interview Question – Who did you meet during the social events? Do you remember their names?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Typical campus hire interview process. First there is the campus interview. If you want to get this interview you better have a stacked resume (high GPA, leadership, etc) or have impeccable networking skills. If you are invited for first rounds you will have a half hour interview with a manager or partner. They will ask you typical behavioral type questions - if its going really well you two should just have an easy conversation. Second round interviews consist of the same thing. Three half hour interviews, and an office visit with lunch. Honestly, it doesn't matter how qualified you are or how much you love accounting. If they like you, you will get the job. If they don't like you - well, you'll get the rejection email.

Interview Question – Why accounting?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seriously, why would you honestly want to work in Public accounting? I took the consulting position that I was offered.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Interview Details – I arrived early for my interview. It was a back-to-back, one-on-one 30 minute session, with 2 partners of the firm. I was told I would hear back within 2 weeks. I heard back the next day with an offer from the partner directly.

Interview Question – What do you like about Deloitte?   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed on a school campus for an internship position in the audit field. Once I completed the first round of interviews, I was asked to travel to Houston for an office tour of the company and for multiple interviews. Once this was completed, I was called the same day and told that I would have the internship. The internship lasted from January through mid March, the busiest time of year for auditing. Once the internship was coming to a close, I was asked to come in for an exit interview with one of the partners. The conversation consisted of the reviews that my seniors and managers filled out about me and the pros and cons of my work. I was then offered the job in the interview.

Interview Question – Why do you think that you would be a good auditor, what makes you think that the field of audit is right for you?   Answer Question