Deloitte

2.9

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Spoke with the campus recruiter a few weeks prior to attending a campus recruiting event. Went to event and spoke with the campus recruiter as well as a second year staff that asked me questions as she checked things off of a clipboard. The next day I was invited to an on campus interview for the following week. Deloitte had brought in two staff members to talk with the ones waiting to be interviewed as the prior interviews were being completed. Interview was fairly simple, lasted half an hour. Asked basic questions about describing myself, what I like to do, and why I liked public accounting. Gave me a "save the date" card for an office interview for two weeks from then. In the end two weeks had passed yet I still had received no notification on an update. I ended up reaching out to the recruiter and getting a response a few days later. Basically Deloitte likes their staff to come in with no experience so they can mold them the way they want, and I already had experience and they didn't like that. Ended up going with another of the big four.

Interview Questions
  • All relativity standard. Asked a lot of team related questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

On campus interview with 2 interviewer: one manager and one partner. The interview process was like a conversation, and I was asked about my past internships, teamwork experiences, and challenges I have met before. When talking with partner it was really like a conversation, but the manager interviews were more follow up the routine interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The first round interview is not very difficult, just using example to demonstrate your experience and be yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Resume screening

Interview Questions
    • Very easy behavioral question, but you don't know what they look for   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

On campus recruiting:
    1. On campus interview, introduction of yourself, and "tell me a situation where you have ..." type of questions. Interviewed with two people, one senior manager (6 yrs), one director with more than 15 yrs of experience.
    2. two weeks latter, invited for an office-visit. Started at 3 pm. 3 short interviews with different persons, one of them is a partner. Followed by a dinner.
    3. two weeks latter, received a call from the recruiting manager, saying they cannot extend an offer at this time because of limited space.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an example where you have listened to someone else's opinions and the results.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I applied as a college senior majoring in accounting to the Big 4 firms. My interview with Deloitte was the most difficult, most structured of the 4. The interview was structured with "what-if" and "tell me about a time" scenarios, such as "Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and the team was not cooperating. What did you do to fix the situation?" All questions were formed this way.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about your biggest weakness." Make sure to turn your weakness into a strength!   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

On campus interview, and then it was the in-house second interview. Three interviews back to back and then lunch with seniors and associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

Pre-interview dinner event, 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • How have you used networking? otherwise very basic questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Had on-site interview with two partners in November. They were both very nice to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Who did you meet during the social events? Do you remember their names?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interviewed through campus recruitment. Interviewer was friendly, mostly interested in team based experiences. Asked us to bring transcripts to the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • I failed to expand upon interviewer's probing into my past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Typical campus hire interview process. First there is the campus interview. If you want to get this interview you better have a stacked resume (high GPA, leadership, etc) or have impeccable networking skills. If you are invited for first rounds you will have a half hour interview with a manager or partner. They will ask you typical behavioral type questions - if its going really well you two should just have an easy conversation. Second round interviews consist of the same thing. Three half hour interviews, and an office visit with lunch. Honestly, it doesn't matter how qualified you are or how much you love accounting. If they like you, you will get the job. If they don't like you - well, you'll get the rejection email.

Interview Questions

Seriously, why would you honestly want to work in Public accounting? I took the consulting position that I was offered.