Deloitte

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Had on-site interview with two partners in November. They were both very nice to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • Who did you meet during the social events? Do you remember their names?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interviewed through campus recruitment. Interviewer was friendly, mostly interested in team based experiences. Asked us to bring transcripts to the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • I failed to expand upon interviewer's probing into my past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Typical campus hire interview process. First there is the campus interview. If you want to get this interview you better have a stacked resume (high GPA, leadership, etc) or have impeccable networking skills. If you are invited for first rounds you will have a half hour interview with a manager or partner. They will ask you typical behavioral type questions - if its going really well you two should just have an easy conversation. Second round interviews consist of the same thing. Three half hour interviews, and an office visit with lunch. Honestly, it doesn't matter how qualified you are or how much you love accounting. If they like you, you will get the job. If they don't like you - well, you'll get the rejection email.

Interview Questions

Seriously, why would you honestly want to work in Public accounting? I took the consulting position that I was offered.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

1: 1st round of interview are all behaviral questoins: 1) What qualities do you think a good leader should have? Describe your leadership experience.. 2) How do you manage your time? 3) Describe a difficult/challenging time you have? 4) Describe a time that you have different opinions with your co-workers/teammates, and how do you solve it?
    2: Networking Dinner
    3: My 2nd round of interview (on-site) are more conversational. Mainly talk about my resume, and if there is any questions I have for the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Initial communication was by email to schedule an interview in person in Los Angeles, about two weeks in advance. Interview itself began with all candidates on that particular day being gathered in a conference room for a presentation and Q&A with managers. Each candidate was subsequently interviewed by three individual superiors (partners, managers, etc) each lasting about 30 minutes a piece. Questions were typical and generic - What draws you to the profession, Leadership experience, favorite college course, etc. All in all a present and professional experience.

Was called a few weeks later to be given the unfortunate news, but not many organizations would give phone calls like that. Most send out an unprofessional generic email. I appreciated the phone call at least.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have faced adversity in a team environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

I was first interviewed on a school campus for an internship position in the audit field. Once I completed the first round of interviews, I was asked to travel to Houston for an office tour of the company and for multiple interviews. Once this was completed, I was called the same day and told that I would have the internship. The internship lasted from January through mid March, the busiest time of year for auditing. Once the internship was coming to a close, I was asked to come in for an exit interview with one of the partners. The conversation consisted of the reviews that my seniors and managers filled out about me and the pros and cons of my work. I was then offered the job in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that you would be a good auditor, what makes you think that the field of audit is right for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

I arrived early for my interview. It was a back-to-back, one-on-one 30 minute session, with 2 partners of the firm. I was told I would hear back within 2 weeks. I heard back the next day with an offer from the partner directly.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

I got the interview by contacting the Campus recruiter for Deloitte, St. Louis, MO. She had asked me some general questions about my skills and Interests over the phone. She invited me for the interview at their office. They had 3 interviews scheduled for me. 1 was with the HR, 1 with the Manager, 1 with the Partner. The interview questions were very straight forward and people were very nice and friendly. Make sure you guys have good questions to ask them as everyone will ask you if you have any questions for them. It was followed by a lunch with 2 Deloitte employees where you can ask them questions. The whole process took around 3-4 weeks. I received a call from the HR and they said that they cannot issue an offer letter now, but if they have any openings in future they will inform me.

Overall, very nice people. Even though I was not given any offer, it was a good learning process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Get the opportunity on campus. Interviewed by two partners one from NY one from Chicago. Each interview is 30 minutes. All questions are behavior. Partners are extremely nice.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Very awkward interview. Interviewer simply had a list of questions that she just went down, and started firing questions away. Behavioral and situational questions mostly. Not conversational at all. Other big 4 interviews went much better.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time where your supervisor or boss was doing something wrong and you had to tell them so?   Answer Question