Deloitte

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process took about 2.5 months. The recruiter found my resume from another colleague, and called me to start the process. I had two phone, one 1:1 interview, and received an offer the next day of my last interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when communication was a barrier   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview Details – My interview process was really quick. Because I did not go through the usual on-campus interviews, they had me come in on a Thursday for my first 30-minute [behavioral question] interview. I received a call to come in the following Thursday for 3 more 30-minute interviews followed by a lunch.

I received a call less than a week from that day.

Interview Question – Why accounting?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1) Initally met recruiters at a career fair and they seemed to be very focused on GPA as well as minority students. Going to presentations, informations sessions or speaking events will also increase your chances.

2) Site visit conistied of a tour of the office, lunch with 1st year potential peers, and 3 one on one interviews with the HR recruiters. They asked basic behavioral based questions.

3) I recieved an offer over the phone then was mailed the official paper work to look over.

Interview Question – why did you chose audit instead of a tax specialization?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They seemed very clicky and secretive about how they were handling market dips with layoffs etc. They seem to be a solid employer - definitely worthy of big 4 status but, just wasn't a good fit for me.

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

Interview Details – All behavioral. Why audit, why this company, team experience, leadership, extra curricular

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to negotiate something   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview Details – The Audit Staff is usually selected from on-campus recruiting. Before the day of on-campus interview, there would be a pre-interview social dinner with interviewers from the office that last about 1 and half hour. During the interview day, a manager or upper level will give you a 30 minutes behavior question interview. If you are selected for the second round interview, you will be invited to their office within one week. For the onsite interview, you need to arrive at the office at 8:30. A 1 hour presentation and a panel staff discussion will be given. Then you will be interviewed by manager, senior manager and partner from audit department. Behavior questions are asked during the interview. For the second round, questions like why you choose DTT and Auditing and what is the challenge of your previous work are the most asked questions. After the interview, a social event is held on a cruiser that lasts 2 hours. You will meet staffs from Associate level to manager level. Do remember to be positive and talkative during the social event. Then you will finish the pressure day.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, 1 on 1 each. Very Behavioral, they just want to know what kinda of personality you have and whether you are a good fit for the firm (It will show if you just be yourself). They are very interested in teamwork and extracurricular activities, problem solving, situational analysis, etc. The culture is very passionate about what they do and you can feel it as you meet everyone at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to unexpectedly use or communicate with other departments for a specific project.   Answer Question
  • What are some of your best attributes and some traits that you feel you need to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Cincinnati, OH

Interview Details – Deloitte recruits on our campus. So, I applied through our career center. When I arrived, there was a greeter in the lobby to chat with incoming interviewees. It was a thirty minute interview with a Manager. It was a laid back interview and only about 5 questions were asked of me. The rest of the time, the interviewer said that I could ask questions of him.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you above the other people applying for this position?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details – The HR pretty much just read 4 behavior questions from a piece of paper. She told me the reasons why she asked those questions and then the questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have to convince someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Indianapolis, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details – Sat with two different interviewers, 30 min each. Both sessions of behavioral questions. Bring a resume and your transcript. Come prepared with questions or else it could be an awkward transition to see your second interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided exceptional cutomer service.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to do research to before making a decision.   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

Interview Details – very nice people. interview questions were intense. must be prepared for interview. The work culture seemed great. behavioral questions.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte