Deloitte

Average Difficulty
71 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hartford, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2010.

Interview Details – very nice people. interview questions were intense. must be prepared for interview. The work culture seemed great. behavioral questions.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process took two days and included interviews with four different managers.
Once the resume was accepted, it took a few days to hear back from them saying that they would like to proceed further and invite for an interview on campus. The interview on campus was with two people, about 30 min to an hour each. Both interviews were all behavioral questions of kind "Tell me about the time you had to..."
After about a week, Deloitte replied with an invitation for an in-office interview. The in-office interview was very similar to the one on-campus, may be more relaxed - it was easy and more like a conversation.

After that, I received a phone call within a week saying that they would like to extend an offer for a position.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time you have to demonstrate your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2008.

Interview Details – 1) On-campus interview at campus career center - 2 rounds with a Senior Audit Associate or Audit Manager
2) Office tour / In-office interview - 2 rounds with Audit Manager or Audit Director
3) Networking Event

Interview Question – Why haven't you interned prior to application?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary was very competitive, but another firm within the industry offered a larger % reimbursement for graduate degree programs.

Audit Staff

Interview Details – I had my first interview at the NABA., then I was selected for another interview at the local office with two ladies from the HR department and one partner. After interviewing they talk about the companies and the benfit it will be to start your career at their company. Two weeks later I got a phone call from the partner telling me that they would like me to accept the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working in a stressful environment?   View Answer
  • What would you like to do in 5 years?   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was given a phone interview for two different positions. I was first contracted regarding a position in the tax department researching federal tax issues, and was then interviewed for an audit position as a recent graduate due to my expressed interest in the field. I spoke with two individuals to discuss my opportunity, and was contacted shortly thereafter to inform me that I did not meet the hiring criteria. The overall experience was good as a recent graduate. The process was also very quick. They did not sit around and think too hard. I was thankful that I was contacted, and very much appreciated the politeness of the individuals with whom I spoke.

Interview Question – What is one of your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for full time through career planning at my university. Received offer to interview. They put me in front of two Deloitte managers for approximately thirty minutes each back to back. They pretty much just went over my resume - no technical questions at all. I'd say it was more a behavioral interview as it was just conversation back and forth. Needless to say they emailed me 2 weeks later to let me know they could not offer me a position. I'm pretty sure it was due to my GPA. Everyone was very nice and I had a very pleasant experience even though I did not get the position.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2009.

Interview Details – Processed by Campus recruiter. All communication was done through email. Received interview via email and proceeded to schedule it. Arrived on site the day of the interview, and was processed on the day. There were two interviews back to back, one being with a partner in the firm, and the other with a manager. Finished the interview and a week later received a phone call from the recruiter and managing partner about my employment offer. Overall process was very friendly and personable.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online through campus recruiting. The night before was a pre-night social where the firm had a lot of employees that discussed the firm and the prospects within it. Overall, the pre-night event is a great chance to learn more about the company and display your own interaction skills. The next day were 2 1:1 interviews, one with a senior manager and one with a partner. Both were very similar interviews with mostly behavioral-type questions. At the end of each interview they gave about 5 minutes for you to ask questions about the firm, so I recommend you have a few questions prepared beforehand.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2007.

Interview Details – First round of interviews was on campus with a pre-interview happy hour event. Consisted of a one-on-one interview. Second round of interviews consisted of an office visit. A pre-internview dinner was hosted the night before the interview. Office visit was an all-day event, consisting of several presentations, lunch, and four additional interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a challenging experience working with a team. How did you hanlde it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were very limited.

Audit Staff
Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Interview Details – Great people and work culture.

Process divided into 3 steps
1. Skills test
2. Discussion
3. 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – Impact of EU crash on South African trade.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.