Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Leadership Conference- Audit Interview

Summer Leadership Conference- Audit
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially I had talked to the campus recruiter at my university's career fair who suggested that I apply online for the summer leadership position. Online application was not too bad, and led to an interview at my university with an Alumnus. After getting picked out of the first round of interviews I was then selected to go into the regional office to interview with a Senior Manager and Partner. Overall it was a very well organized recruiting process and the campus recruiters do a lot to keep you informed of what is happening in your area and what to do next.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you had to deal with a client or team member who was unsatisfied with your actions or decisions; and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You may be able to negotiate where you would like to intern your Junior summer, but be careful because they very much like to fill their offices with students from surrounding universities. (i.e. New York office with students from NYU)

Business Technology Summer Scholar Interview

Business Technology Summer Scholar
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, two rounds interviews, behavior and case interviews

Interview Question – How do you stay focused?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Boston, MA

I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Referred through a Partner. Then had screening call w/ HR, then 2 phone interviews. Then 2 in person interviews at their office.

Interview Question – Did not receive any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – More competitive opportunity elsewhere

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was recruited in Fall. 4 rounds of interviews. 1 oncampus interview with partner.
3-office interviews. (1-senior manager, 2 with partners). All interviews are behavioral based. No question was unexpected. All questions followed the usual behavioral format. Partner's will try and intimidate you. Just be as confident as possible when providing your answer to questions.

Interview Question – None. No question was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – campus retcing

Interview Question – Most questions around teamwork; how is your excel skills? how is your public speaking?   Answer Question

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Audit Senior Associate
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2011.

Interview Details – For this position, it is important to understand that you are a commodity. The interviewers will not be asking technical questions about the most recent accounting standard or what kind of accounting treatment a lease should get. They are interested in finding someone with a positive attitude, a CPA (or a plan to achieve it), and someone that they will enjoy working with (as you will be working with them some very late nights).

Interview Question – There really were no curveballs thrown at me. Like any other interview, it is important to be prepared for the question, "why are you interested in us?" and "why are you leaving your current job?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I interviewed with three of the four big accounting firms. When I decided to go with Deloitte, I asked them to match the highest offer I received, and they did. For this position, there is not much wiggle room, but if you are a hot commodity, they are willing to up your base salary a couple of thousand.

Tax Consultant - J D Interview

Tax Consultant - J D
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Sent resume through the Deloitte careers website. Was called to come in for office visit/interviews and a reception. Reception was a basic Q and A with Deloitte professionals in varying areas. The interview consisted of two thirty minute interviews with a Senior Manager and a Director in the department. Very conversational. No behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in tax?   Answer Question

Senior Project Controller Interview

Senior Project Controller
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process was very speedy from the first contact by the recruiter to the in-person interview and follow-up. 3 step process - first phone interview with recruiter, followed by technical screen and invitation for in person interview with 3 people over 2.5 hour. Everyone was very professional, no silly qustions.

Interview Question – In depth case study 30 min discussion with the interviewer. Great way to showcase your experience!   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Interview Details – Be very prepared for case interview questions. Use their website to review. The case interviews are not terribly difficult but you need to practice them in order to get the flow and structure of the questions down. Process is pretty simple. First round two case interviews. Second round is 3 cases.

Interview Question – The business cases.   Answer Question

Extern Interview

Extern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional and requires a lot of cognitive thinking to theoretically solve some processes.

Interview Question – What do you think an internship in the consulting industry will do for you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.