Deloitte

Average Difficulty
118 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Found to be relatively easy, most questions weren't too technical. Went through three rounds of interviews and all my interviewers seemed down to earth. They recruit heavily at my school so I think most of the interviews were just routine and check the box type.

Interview Question – What was one question that we didnt ask you that we should have.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process is pretty straightforward. First round consists of 1 or 2 phone screens, mostly behavioral with a couple of questions like "tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict within your team, or when someone didn't agree with you.

Second round is in person, consists of 1, 2, or 3 case interviews. The cases are pretty straightforward (much like the sample cases on Deloitte's website), after which the offer happens. The interviews is usually 10-15 of behavioral with the typical questions so the interviewer can get to know you, after which they jump into the case for 45 minutes or so.

Interview Question – Don't recall any curve balls at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Big firms have standard packages.

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Referred through a Partner. Then had screening call w/ HR, then 2 phone interviews. Then 2 in person interviews at their office.

Interview Question – Did not receive any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – More competitive opportunity elsewhere

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was a case-interview round about the industry project and your opinions

Interview Question – Why should we select you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Applied through the Recruiter. Initial 30 minutes phone screen, followed by in-person interview. The process was straight forward, nothing difficult in it.

Interview Question – Qs. were not based upon my resume! Seemed they have a set of questions, irrespective of a person's work experience or skills.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting

Interview Question – A time when you disagreed with your boss   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – If selected for first round interviews, they offer some workshops and events to let you get to know some current BA's or BTA's and go through the whole case interview process. They also assign you an "interview buddy," also typically a current BA/BTA, who answers any questions and also goes through another practice case interview with you. First round interview itself is an hour: 30 mins each for both the case and behavioral interviews. 2nd rounds are supposed to be a bit longer, where you actually work through a few case studies with Deloitte partners at the office.

Interview Question – The case interview portion is fairly tricky, but with good practice, knowing what questions to ask and how to approach the problem should come easy.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – There are two parts to the first round interview, one case and one "fit" interview. Deloitte's cases are different than many of the other big firms, in that there are multiple parts and one "right answer" that you're supposed to get to on each part. The interview was not nearly as open ended as I anticipated, and the interviewer was relatively unhelpful in guiding me when I get stuck. Overall did not go very well, and I did not receive an offer for the second round. The "fit" part is very relaxed, and is more a conversation than anything else. Case interviewer was a Senior Consultant, while the "fit" interviewer was lower level.

Interview Question – Question was about advising a global pharmaceutical company on a new drug roll-out in Europe.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Interviews were somewhat difficult with a heavy component of case interviews. The behavioral interview was relatively easy.

Interview Question – If you study case interviews (Ace the Case), most of the questions were expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – I was brought in to interview for this position. I met with three different individuals: one from human resources and two from business line positions. The HR person reviewed the firm's benefits and career paths. The business people were both recent hirees over the past two years. The HR person took about 30 minutes and then it was 25-30 minutes each with the staff people.

Interview Question – A hypothetical question about how to resolve a business problem.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 118 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.