Deloitte

3.1

122 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Wilton, CT
Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

I was approached by a recruiter for the available position. I interviewed on a Tuesday with the first and second managers, and was asked to return on Thursday to meet with the third. After meeting with the third manager, it took five weeks to learn they had gone with another candidate. Fast forward two years, and I was approached for a second time by a recruiter, who said the original candidate hadn't worked out, and the position was open again. Project, by the way, was still in the initiation phase (after 2 years?!?). Met with first manager, called back to meet with second manager a week later, then asked to return the following week to meet with the third manager. At that point, I had lost interest. They had zero consideration for my time, and would likely have less if I became a member of their team. On all visits to their office, people looked unhappy and there were no signs of life. It was like being in a library.

Interview Questions
  • I don't recall being asked any difficult questions, although the interviews were uncomfortable and stiff - like the managers were being forced to meet with me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

Found to be relatively easy, most questions weren't too technical. Went through three rounds of interviews and all my interviewers seemed down to earth. They recruit heavily at my school so I think most of the interviews were just routine and check the box type.

Interview Questions
    • What was one question that we didnt ask you that we should have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

Hiring process is pretty straightforward. First round consists of 1 or 2 phone screens, mostly behavioral with a couple of questions like "tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict within your team, or when someone didn't agree with you.

Second round is in person, consists of 1, 2, or 3 case interviews. The cases are pretty straightforward (much like the sample cases on Deloitte's website), after which the offer happens. The interviews is usually 10-15 of behavioral with the typical questions so the interviewer can get to know you, after which they jump into the case for 45 minutes or so.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Big firms have standard packages.

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Referred through a Partner. Then had screening call w/ HR, then 2 phone interviews. Then 2 in person interviews at their office.

More competitive opportunity elsewhere

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

It was a case-interview round about the industry project and your opinions

Business Analyst Interview

Applied through the Recruiter. Initial 30 minutes phone screen, followed by in-person interview. The process was straight forward, nothing difficult in it.

Interview Questions
    • Qs. were not based upon my resume! Seemed they have a set of questions, irrespective of a person's work experience or skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

On campus recruiting

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

If selected for first round interviews, they offer some workshops and events to let you get to know some current BA's or BTA's and go through the whole case interview process. They also assign you an "interview buddy," also typically a current BA/BTA, who answers any questions and also goes through another practice case interview with you. First round interview itself is an hour: 30 mins each for both the case and behavioral interviews. 2nd rounds are supposed to be a bit longer, where you actually work through a few case studies with Deloitte partners at the office.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview portion is fairly tricky, but with good practice, knowing what questions to ask and how to approach the problem should come easy.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

There are two parts to the first round interview, one case and one "fit" interview. Deloitte's cases are different than many of the other big firms, in that there are multiple parts and one "right answer" that you're supposed to get to on each part. The interview was not nearly as open ended as I anticipated, and the interviewer was relatively unhelpful in guiding me when I get stuck. Overall did not go very well, and I did not receive an offer for the second round. The "fit" part is very relaxed, and is more a conversation than anything else. Case interviewer was a Senior Consultant, while the "fit" interviewer was lower level.

Interview Questions
    • Question was about advising a global pharmaceutical company on a new drug roll-out in Europe.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interviews were somewhat difficult with a heavy component of case interviews. The behavioral interview was relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • If you study case interviews (Ace the Case), most of the questions were expected.   Answer Question
    Non-existent

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!