Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview

Started off with one 1:1 Behavioral interview and one 1:1 case interview. Second rounds were a 2:1 case interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I got the interview because a senior partner recommended me for it. Any partner in good standing can arrange for you to get past the resume screeners for an interview. First, there was a screening interview over the phone. This went very well, with normal interview questions about my background and the expectation that I would ask 2-3 questions about Deloitte. The point was to see if you can hold a conversation and act professionally. Then, there were two first round interviews, a behavioral and a case interview. I also did well on the behavioral interview. I prepared by getting the top interview question list from my CSO and making notecards with the interview question on the front and my desired response on the back. I came up with about 20-25 notecards. This strategy worked well. There was only one question that I didn't see coming and I was able to give a few really solid answers to the ones I had prepped. On the last question, the interviewer even said: "Wow. That was a fantastic answer." :) Where I ran into trouble was the case interview. My preparation was not well-suited to the interview. This was an interviewer-led case interview. After the initial prompt, there were 6 specific questions that the interviewer posed to me. Some were: "Given X, what factors would you consider in making your recommendations." But the ones that really killed me were the math questions. There were two of them. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE MATH BEFORE THE CASE INTERVIEW. What is 20,000 times 60? What is 300 times 50? What is 50 million times 20? You have to be able to do these calculations quickly and confidently. Moreoever, you have to be able to do them consistently because one mistake can screw you over. Otherwise, before you know it you're stumbling and bumbling and you have lost the interview. Bottom Line: The case interview is EXACTLY like Deloitte says it is on their website, just with harder math.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you brainstormed in a team environment.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview

Too burocratic, there were at least 10 candidates for the job and some of them had no clue what they were talking about. The whole process lasted around 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name myweaknesses   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Met with three sr. managers for a behavioral, technical, and case interview. I thought it was going to be a stressful interview process, but the sr. managers are really personable and help you (somewhat) through the case study. I heard back in a week.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with SQL or other programming languages, and Excel.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

First part was some computer tests and writing 2 essays. If you pass, the second part is a math/logic test and written comprehension test. After those teste there is a 6h group dynamics with a business case.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR over the phone, case interviews (1 hour long each) with a Manager and Senior Manager, meeting with the managing partner, meeting with some staff The cases were not difficult but you really need to practice as many as possible in order to complete them eloquently in 45 - 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here 2. Why should we hire you 3. Calculating percentages from a raw table of data   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Three rounds - an interview with HR, an Interview with the Director and one with the Senior Manager. The people I met were very friendly, professional and polite, they asked me mainly competency based questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Deloitte Consulting has a relatively quick hiring process. I was alerted about the first-round interview around 10 days before interview date. The hiring managers were very nice and professional as were the greeters and interviewers. The interview itself consisted of one 30 minute behavioral interview and one 30 minute case. A lot depends a lot upon the interviewers you get. It seems that some perform the behavioral portion differently, some asking more broad questions and others asking more specific questions. The case portion of the interview was relatively straight forward but went by very quickly, so make sure to communicate clearly what you can in the short time you have.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral interviewer asked very specific questions about situations and examples of leadership, specifically asking about examples of leadership besides significant ones already present on my resume.   Answer Question
    • I was surprised about the amount of time allotted for me to ask the interviewers questions. Particularly in the case interview, there was time for me to ask the interviewer several questions before I moved on to the behavioral portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiting came on campus and needed to apply through campus career center and company website. First round on campus with one 30 minute behavioral and one 30 minute case interview. Second round was the next day consisting of one hour long interview with a partner and a senior manager. Decisions were given early the next week. Networking was highly important throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• First round case was easy. Second round case was highly nuanced and extremely exhibit/numbers based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First round was on campus, and it included one behavioral interview and one case interview. The second round was at their office, and consisted of one one-hour long case interview. The second round had a partner and a senior consultant.

Interview Questions

• The partner will try to trip you up in their questioning, and play the game where they answer the phone in the middle of your second round.   Answer Question