Deloitte

3.1

122 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

I got the interview because a senior partner recommended me for it. Any partner in good standing can arrange for you to get past the resume screeners for an interview.

First, there was a screening interview over the phone. This went very well, with normal interview questions about my background and the expectation that I would ask 2-3 questions about Deloitte. The point was to see if you can hold a conversation and act professionally.

Then, there were two first round interviews, a behavioral and a case interview. I also did well on the behavioral interview. I prepared by getting the top interview question list from my CSO and making notecards with the interview question on the front and my desired response on the back. I came up with about 20-25 notecards. This strategy worked well. There was only one question that I didn't see coming and I was able to give a few really solid answers to the ones I had prepped. On the last question, the interviewer even said: "Wow. That was a fantastic answer." :)

Where I ran into trouble was the case interview. My preparation was not well-suited to the interview. This was an interviewer-led case interview. After the initial prompt, there were 6 specific questions that the interviewer posed to me. Some were: "Given X, what factors would you consider in making your recommendations." But the ones that really killed me were the math questions. There were two of them. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE MATH BEFORE THE CASE INTERVIEW. What is 20,000 times 60? What is 300 times 50? What is 50 million times 20? You have to be able to do these calculations quickly and confidently. Moreoever, you have to be able to do them consistently because one mistake can screw you over. Otherwise, before you know it you're stumbling and bumbling and you have lost the interview.

Bottom Line: The case interview is EXACTLY like Deloitte says it is on their website, just with harder math.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you brainstormed in a team environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Started off with one 1:1 Behavioral interview and one 1:1 case interview. Second rounds were a 2:1 case interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

They had me do a case interview and behavioral for the first round. 4 days later they got back to me saying that I got a second round. It was half of an hour, on site, and a case interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Deloitte pulls out all the stops to recruit people, especially on campus.

They interview many candidates, a higher proportion than their competitor firms.

1 case and 1 behavioral interview (either order), both 30 minutes.

The cases can be different from what you're used to, even if you are in strategy and operations.

Interview Questions
    • Case: Client has a shrinkage problem (losing inventory due to theft)

discount retailer, 5000 stores.
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

The first round interviews consisted of one case interview (30 minutes) and one behavioral interview (30 minutes). The case interviews are very structured, which is unlike the Big 3: The interviewer asks you a question, you take some time to think about it, you present your answer then the interviewer will change the direction of the interview. Feedback is given immediately so you have a good gauge of how you are doing. The final interview is a one hour case interview but this time you have two interviewers. However I finished the case in about 30+ minutes and the rest of the time was spent just talking about my experiences. So in effect it was similar to the first round interviews, just that now there are two interviewers.
    Overall the atmosphere was very relaxed and it was definitely the most enjoyable case interview that I had.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

The first round interview involves a 30 minute case interview as well as a 30 minute fit interview. The case interviewer was fairly tough in terms of the expected answer, but the fit interviewer was very comfortable and receptive.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to assign the axes of a graph showing product performance   Answer Question

I did not love to culture the company presented to me. It seemed a little cut-and-dry and serious.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

2 Rounds - 1st Round interview with Team Lead (Cultural fit), 2nd Round was interview with direct manager on general business analysis skills

Interview Questions
    • How do you estimate the average number of travellers to Changi Airport?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Difficult comapred to the other interviews conducted around the region. Versant and vatage are must rounds included in the interview process. These tes your compunication skills, similar to TOEFL. Had 3 technical rounds which were difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Many technical questions were asked. Focus was more on the technical concept rather than on previous projects or achievements   Answer Question
    Very rigid. Not much to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

On-campus recruiting. Was invited to a closed-door information session, followed by meet and greet. Selected for first and second round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Business case involving entry into new market -- sizing market, evaluating competition, and strat.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

There was a standard case and then a behavioral interview. Both were conducted by Senior Managers. The case was about warehousing overload and what could be done to reduce inventory while still maintaining enough to meet demand.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to communicate classified information to someone?   View Answer

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!