Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Recruiting came on campus and needed to apply through campus career center and company website. First round on campus with one 30 minute behavioral and one 30 minute case interview. Second round was the next day consisting of one hour long interview with a partner and a senior manager. Decisions were given early the next week. Networking was highly important throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • First round case was easy. Second round case was highly nuanced and extremely exhibit/numbers based.   Answer Question
No room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

1st round and 2nd round had similar format: 1 behavioral and 1 case. Case seemed far more quantitative based than the online practice, which suggests that your recommendations are problem framework and questions are more important. Not like a typical consulting interview where I needed to ask specific questions to get more information. The interviewer had specific, quantitative = questions for me and provided a chart with lots of superfluous information. Had to pull the correct data from the chart to do calculations.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

I had an initial conversation with a recruiter, who then set me up with two phone interviews - one behavioral and one case. The behavioral was pretty straight forward, asked mostly about my resume, experience working with others, why I would be a good fit, etc. The case interview was a typical Deloitte-style case as presented on their website. If you practice cases and go over the format that they give you you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How would you recommend we increase out product network - acquiring a competitor, starting on our own, or a joint venture?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview was one case and one behavioral. Behavioral interview was with a partner. Pretty conversational in nature. The partner gave off a strange vibe though, seemed like I was wasting his time. Pretty straight forward though. The case was easy, if you prepare ahead of time you will be fine. Overall okay/bad experience, but they were quick to say no.

Interview Questions
    • What difficulties do you see with working for Deloitte?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

Applied through on-campus recruiting at university. First-round interviews consisted of a case and a behavioral interview. Attended a dinner before second-round interview. Second-round interview was with two partners from different offices.

Interview Questions
    • Case interviews were predictable, lots of math. And lots of follow up questions to create context for the answers.   Answer Question
    I didn't want to negotiate. Tips to consider accepting offer: analyze how the business analysts and consultants talk about their long-term goals.

Business Analyst Interview

Found to be relatively easy, most questions weren't too technical. Went through three rounds of interviews and all my interviewers seemed down to earth. They recruit heavily at my school so I think most of the interviews were just routine and check the box type.

Interview Questions
    • What was one question that we didnt ask you that we should have.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Applied through the Recruiter. Initial 30 minutes phone screen, followed by in-person interview. The process was straight forward, nothing difficult in it.

Interview Questions
    • Qs. were not based upon my resume! Seemed they have a set of questions, irrespective of a person's work experience or skills.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

If selected for first round interviews, they offer some workshops and events to let you get to know some current BA's or BTA's and go through the whole case interview process. They also assign you an "interview buddy," also typically a current BA/BTA, who answers any questions and also goes through another practice case interview with you. First round interview itself is an hour: 30 mins each for both the case and behavioral interviews. 2nd rounds are supposed to be a bit longer, where you actually work through a few case studies with Deloitte partners at the office.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview portion is fairly tricky, but with good practice, knowing what questions to ask and how to approach the problem should come easy.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interviews were somewhat difficult with a heavy component of case interviews. The behavioral interview was relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • If you study case interviews (Ace the Case), most of the questions were expected.   Answer Question
    Non-existent

Business Analyst Interview

I was brought in to interview for this position. I met with three different individuals: one from human resources and two from business line positions. The HR person reviewed the firm's benefits and career paths. The business people were both recent hirees over the past two years. The HR person took about 30 minutes and then it was 25-30 minutes each with the staff people.

Interview Questions
    • A hypothetical question about how to resolve a business problem.   Answer Question