Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Very involved process. First round had 2 interviews - one behavioral and one case. The case was not the normal business case. Involved a lot of graphs and not as much calculation. Interpreting graphs etc. Second round was one house long case. Similar to the first case but more in depth

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Invited to pre-interview networking event and pre-interview Ace the Case Workshop. Interview consisted of 30 min behavioural part (Why Deloitte, why consulting etc) and a 30 min Case Interview. The Case interview was easy and both interviewers were very polite. However, while they both said at the end of the interview that I was great and they liked my organization and thought process I did not pass to the next round [god knows why].

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiting came on campus and needed to apply through campus career center and company website. First round on campus with one 30 minute behavioral and one 30 minute case interview. Second round was the next day consisting of one hour long interview with a partner and a senior manager. Decisions were given early the next week. Networking was highly important throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• First round case was easy. Second round case was highly nuanced and extremely exhibit/numbers based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

1st round and 2nd round had similar format: 1 behavioral and 1 case. Case seemed far more quantitative based than the online practice, which suggests that your recommendations are problem framework and questions are more important. Not like a typical consulting interview where I needed to ask specific questions to get more information. The interviewer had specific, quantitative = questions for me and provided a chart with lots of superfluous information. Had to pull the correct data from the chart to do calculations.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

I had an initial conversation with a recruiter, who then set me up with two phone interviews - one behavioral and one case. The behavioral was pretty straight forward, asked mostly about my resume, experience working with others, why I would be a good fit, etc. The case interview was a typical Deloitte-style case as presented on their website. If you practice cases and go over the format that they give you you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you recommend we increase out product network - acquiring a competitor, starting on our own, or a joint venture?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was one case and one behavioral. Behavioral interview was with a partner. Pretty conversational in nature. The partner gave off a strange vibe though, seemed like I was wasting his time. Pretty straight forward though. The case was easy, if you prepare ahead of time you will be fine. Overall okay/bad experience, but they were quick to say no.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties do you see with working for Deloitte?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting at university. First-round interviews consisted of a case and a behavioral interview. Attended a dinner before second-round interview. Second-round interview was with two partners from different offices.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews were predictable, lots of math. And lots of follow up questions to create context for the answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't want to negotiate. Tips to consider accepting offer: analyze how the business analysts and consultants talk about their long-term goals.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Found to be relatively easy, most questions weren't too technical. Went through three rounds of interviews and all my interviewers seemed down to earth. They recruit heavily at my school so I think most of the interviews were just routine and check the box type.

Interview Questions

• What was one question that we didnt ask you that we should have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Richmond, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone. There was so much noise I could barely hear the interviewer. I was in a completely silent room. The phone behavioral interview was perfect, then they told me that I will have my case interview in the next 3 days. I have to admit that I wasn't fully prepared for the interview because the referral was sudden, and I have no expertise in consulting whatsoever, but still having the case interview over the phone was not that helpful.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had to get the ball rolling   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through the Recruiter. Initial 30 minutes phone screen, followed by in-person interview. The process was straight forward, nothing difficult in it.

Interview Questions

• Qs. were not based upon my resume! Seemed they have a set of questions, irrespective of a person's work experience or skills.   Answer Question