Deloitte

Updated Jan 14, 2015

3.1

146 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

case interview

Interview Questions
  • client has budget constraint. but wants to invest in ERP. would you reco cheaper solutions? which ones ? why ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Be very prepared for case interview questions. Use their website to review. The case interviews are not terribly difficult but you need to practice them in order to get the flow and structure of the questions down. Process is pretty simple. First round two case interviews. Second round is 3 cases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

On-campus recruiting. Was invited to a closed-door information session, followed by meet and greet. Selected for first and second round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Business case involving entry into new market -- sizing market, evaluating competition, and strat.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

There was a one-to-one behavior interview and a one-to-one case interview. Both interviewees were very nice. Deloitte would intentionally arrange an interviewee who had the same background to you. For example, my case interviewee and me graduated from the same School. In the case interview, I was asked a case about making timeline for a new project. In the behavior interview, we talked about my projects and social work experience. I passed these two interviews but failed in the second round interview at next day.

Interview Questions
    • He asked a very advanced question in database which I did not understand until now   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Good, organized interview process--no case study questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Pretty standard process (1 behavioral followed by 1 case interview on the first day, then a repeat on the second day, if you're called back, but the questions were a bit tougher the next day). Per the case interview, my interviewer stopped me about 10 minutes into it (I assume because he found my work satisfactory) and we proceeded to talk about nothing for the remainder of the time. Naturally, I wasn't surprised when he called me a week later with a pleasant offer.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Deloitte?", caught me off guard, I tell ya! But seriously, there weren't any atypical questions.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate seeing that it was my highest offer and surpassed my initial expectation.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I am a soon-to-be BA graduate. Selected for interview on campus. half-hour case interview followed by half-hour behavioral interview. case interview was standard in content, though my interviewer's attitude was deplorable; he was describing the case with lunch sandwich in his mouth, and fiddling with his phone while i was talking through the case. not sure if that's common for consulting interviews, or if it was some sort of mind trip. i was not invited back for second rounds.

Interview Questions
    • something about the bearing of patented technology on the hypothetical company's decision to expand its operation in the case interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

After submitting my resume, I had a phone screen a few weeks later that was just a market sizing question. Then I had an in person super day where I met with a partner to do a case and then some 1st and 2nd year analysts to learn about the culture. Then a few weeks later I had another phone screen with just fit questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

2 thirty-minute interviews: 1 behavioral + 1 case with 2 different managers. The case was really just a brainstorming case, no tricks, simple maths. It is important to use frameworks when you brainstorm for factors to consider, but also go deeply to each possible factors and discuss them a bit. I think since the case is so simple, you can differentiate yourself only by being articulate and sharp, show creative thinking as well. My behavioral interview is just resume-based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

The position in operations.

Sent application, once it was reviewed a person from HR contacted me and I went over my resume.

Was asked:
    -in which organizations/activities I was involved on campus
    -GPA