Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA).

Interview

On-campus recruiting. Was invited to a closed-door information session, followed by meet and greet. Selected for first and second round interviews.

Interview Questions

• Business case involving entry into new market -- sizing market, evaluating competition, and strat.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

There was a one-to-one behavior interview and a one-to-one case interview. Both interviewees were very nice. Deloitte would intentionally arrange an interviewee who had the same background to you. For example, my case interviewee and me graduated from the same School. In the case interview, I was asked a case about making timeline for a new project. In the behavior interview, we talked about my projects and social work experience. I passed these two interviews but failed in the second round interview at next day.

Interview Questions

• He asked a very advanced question in database which I did not understand until now   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Denver, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

Good, organized interview process--no case study questions.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard process (1 behavioral followed by 1 case interview on the first day, then a repeat on the second day, if you're called back, but the questions were a bit tougher the next day). Per the case interview, my interviewer stopped me about 10 minutes into it (I assume because he found my work satisfactory) and we proceeded to talk about nothing for the remainder of the time. Naturally, I wasn't surprised when he called me a week later with a pleasant offer.

Interview Questions

• "Why Deloitte?", caught me off guard, I tell ya! But seriously, there weren't any atypical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate seeing that it was my highest offer and surpassed my initial expectation.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview

I am a soon-to-be BA graduate. Selected for interview on campus. half-hour case interview followed by half-hour behavioral interview. case interview was standard in content, though my interviewer's attitude was deplorable; he was describing the case with lunch sandwich in his mouth, and fiddling with his phone while i was talking through the case. not sure if that's common for consulting interviews, or if it was some sort of mind trip. i was not invited back for second rounds.

Interview Questions

• something about the bearing of patented technology on the hypothetical company's decision to expand its operation in the case interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I had a phone screen a few weeks later that was just a market sizing question. Then I had an in person super day where I met with a partner to do a case and then some 1st and 2nd year analysts to learn about the culture. Then a few weeks later I had another phone screen with just fit questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

2 thirty-minute interviews: 1 behavioral + 1 case with 2 different managers. The case was really just a brainstorming case, no tricks, simple maths. It is important to use frameworks when you brainstorm for factors to consider, but also go deeply to each possible factors and discuss them a bit. I think since the case is so simple, you can differentiate yourself only by being articulate and sharp, show creative thinking as well. My behavioral interview is just resume-based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA).

Interview

The position in operations. Sent application, once it was reviewed a person from HR contacted me and I went over my resume. Was asked: -in which organizations/activities I was involved on campus -GPA -Work eperience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed in the first round. There was additional applications to be done prior to the in-person interviews. First interview was behavioral and the second interview was a case interview. The case was a segmented case with data. Staff were professional and friendly. Was a comfortable and fun interview as a whole. Did not get offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Tampa, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I knew the position on the job fair in University of Florida, and talked with their staff about this position, Then I applied online again, and got a on campus interview in a few weeks. There was a dinner invitation before the interview. The interviewer was very kind during the interview process, and we talked about my background and other personality things. Though I didn't get the offer, I feel beneficial from this interview.