Deloitte

3.1

122 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Very comfortable interview experience, both interviewers are very laidback and freindly to talk with. Average case questions which they do not encourage you using the standard case framworks to answer, and would prefer creative and innovative resolutions. Seems like they care more about if the candidate will be a cultural fit to the environment than possessing the technical or professional skills to analyze business cases. Overall,a very enjoyful expereince.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

There were 2 interviews for the first round. The ones selected for the second round would be called in the next day. I didn't make it to the second round. The first round consists of one case interview and one behavioral interview. The manager giving me the case interview was not very friendly and I didn't feel a good vibe from the conversation. The behavioral interview was better. However, I assume that in the first round, the major weight is given to the case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation in which you had to figure out a solution in a very opaque or complex environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

They had me do a case interview and behavioral for the first round. 4 days later they got back to me saying that I got a second round. It was half of an hour, on site, and a case interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Behavioral interview and two case study interviews. One was a serious business case, the other a fun case study.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Two rounds back to back, they extended offer right after second round. First round was 30 min of fit and 30 min of case. Fit was straightforward and case study was literally straight out of a case study book. They were fairly prompt at getting back as second round was next day.

Day 2 was an hour long case that was once again, literally straight from a case study book. It was a 2-1 interview with some senior managers. Interviewers were rather unprofessional...arriving 15 minutes late and were clearly not prepared for the case (one guy kept changing particular numbers, referring back to his cheat sheet). I understand that this particular case was designed as a stress case so they played good cop bad cop. Honestly it just ended up pissing me off. They (and the analysts I met the previous day) took themselves way too seriously.

Competing offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interviews were conducted at my university's career center. First round consisted of a two 30 min back to back interviews involving one behavior and one short case study. The interviewers were friendly and easygoing. Behavioral interview asked all the questions you would expect about leadership, creativity, teamwork ect. Case interview was very reasonable and was not too number heavy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Deloitte pulls out all the stops to recruit people, especially on campus.

They interview many candidates, a higher proportion than their competitor firms.

1 case and 1 behavioral interview (either order), both 30 minutes.

The cases can be different from what you're used to, even if you are in strategy and operations.

Interview Questions
    • Case: Client has a shrinkage problem (losing inventory due to theft)

discount retailer, 5000 stores.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

Interviewing with Deloitte is a good experience, but requires patience. The people are generally friendly and want to help you have a successful interviewing experience. Study up on you cases if you plan to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I don't remember any specific questions. I can advice those who want to interview to study up on case interviews. My interview could have gone much better had I been better prepared for the case... that said, I still received an offer.   Answer Question
    None. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2008.

I interviewed first on the phone--behavioral interview with questions like "what makes you interested in Deloitte" and "walk me through your resume". Then interviewed in person in Atlanta --with one senior manager I did a case interview and with another senior manager on the same day I did another behavior interview--this was more specific on skills I had, etc than the one over the phone had been. Really liked the people and got an offer one business day later (Friday to Monday).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what's important when working with a team.   View Answer
    To my knowledge, Deloitte doesn't negotiate with college hires.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

1st round- 30 min behavioral (very simple and general questions), 30 min case- very simple. 2nd round- 60 min case- much more difficult on the second day (built in quantitative that goes very in-depth). Overall, positive people that seem to want you to do well. If they like you, they will place you wherever you request

Interview Questions
    • Business case where they wanted projected sales based on six factors. One of the factors was irrelevant which was key to the case.   Answer Question