Deloitte

Average Difficulty
120 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews for the first round. The ones selected for the second round would be called in the next day. I didn't make it to the second round. The first round consists of one case interview and one behavioral interview. The manager giving me the case interview was not very friendly and I didn't feel a good vibe from the conversation. The behavioral interview was better. However, I assume that in the first round, the major weight is given to the case interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in which you had to figure out a solution in a very opaque or complex environment   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – They had me do a case interview and behavioral for the first round. 4 days later they got back to me saying that I got a second round. It was half of an hour, on site, and a case interview.

Interview Questions

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview and two case study interviews. One was a serious business case, the other a fun case study.

Interview Question – Why are you good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – Two rounds back to back, they extended offer right after second round. First round was 30 min of fit and 30 min of case. Fit was straightforward and case study was literally straight out of a case study book. They were fairly prompt at getting back as second round was next day.

Day 2 was an hour long case that was once again, literally straight from a case study book. It was a 2-1 interview with some senior managers. Interviewers were rather unprofessional...arriving 15 minutes late and were clearly not prepared for the case (one guy kept changing particular numbers, referring back to his cheat sheet). I understand that this particular case was designed as a stress case so they played good cop bad cop. Honestly it just ended up pissing me off. They (and the analysts I met the previous day) took themselves way too seriously.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Competing offer.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews were conducted at my university's career center. First round consisted of a two 30 min back to back interviews involving one behavior and one short case study. The interviewers were friendly and easygoing. Behavioral interview asked all the questions you would expect about leadership, creativity, teamwork ect. Case interview was very reasonable and was not too number heavy.

Interview Questions

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details – Deloitte pulls out all the stops to recruit people, especially on campus.

They interview many candidates, a higher proportion than their competitor firms.

1 case and 1 behavioral interview (either order), both 30 minutes.

The cases can be different from what you're used to, even if you are in strategy and operations.

Interview Question – Case: Client has a shrinkage problem (losing inventory due to theft)

discount retailer, 5000 stores.
  Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewing with Deloitte is a good experience, but requires patience. The people are generally friendly and want to help you have a successful interviewing experience. Study up on you cases if you plan to interview.

Interview Question – Honestly I don't remember any specific questions. I can advice those who want to interview to study up on case interviews. My interview could have gone much better had I been better prepared for the case... that said, I still received an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed first on the phone--behavioral interview with questions like "what makes you interested in Deloitte" and "walk me through your resume". Then interviewed in person in Atlanta --with one senior manager I did a case interview and with another senior manager on the same day I did another behavior interview--this was more specific on skills I had, etc than the one over the phone had been. Really liked the people and got an offer one business day later (Friday to Monday).

Interview Question – Tell me what's important when working with a team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – To my knowledge, Deloitte doesn't negotiate with college hires.

Chicago, IL

Interview Details – 1st round- 30 min behavioral (very simple and general questions), 30 min case- very simple. 2nd round- 60 min case- much more difficult on the second day (built in quantitative that goes very in-depth). Overall, positive people that seem to want you to do well. If they like you, they will place you wherever you request

Interview Question – Business case where they wanted projected sales based on six factors. One of the factors was irrelevant which was key to the case.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – It was a good hiring process which consisted of a written test followed by a gd on case study and that was followed by technical interview. The main thing they were looking for is our communication skills, teamwork and leadership skills.

Interview Question – In the technical interview I was asked about data warehousing which I had only a rough idea. So I managed to answer the question using thse ideas only.   View Answer