Deloitte

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA
Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Contacted by Recruiter

Technical phone screening, I was 2 years of experience less then what they were looking for, I showed "eagerness" over the conversation that they invited me to an in person interview.

In Person 3 Rounds:

1st: HR (unfortunately) my HR was someone who didn't care about the interview, he talked down a lot and wasn't interested in striking a conversation.

2nd round: Talked about previous projects, SDLC, and anything on your resume

3rd Round: Consulting: They want to see what steps you took in order to come up with a solution, make sure you name risks at the end, also talk about stakeholders and ask questions. This interviewer was also not very inviting.

They have a beautiful workplace, and I met a lot of friendly people on the location, but 2 of my 3 interviewers seemed like they'd rather be at a happy hour somewhere in Clarendon.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

Applied through career services network of my University.
    Given a Buddy Program to help prepare me for interview.
    Deloitte representative gave me a mock interview.
    30 minute case/30 minute behavioral
    2nd interview the next day
    Offer within 2 weeks

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

2 rounds back to back on consecutive days. First rounds was a 30 min behavior and a 30 min case interview. Behavior was dead easy, case interview was abit challenging for me since it was my first case interview. The case was about healthcare issues and the digitization of medical data. I guess you could go about with standard SDLC approach. I thought I bombed my first round but apparently I made through. Second round was a 45 min case interview. This time it was about some financial firm trying to synchronizing different data bases, was asked about implementation. Again, I used the SDLC approach and I thought it was all right.

Interview Questions
    • What are the implementation strategies for this process...   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Applied though campus recruiting. I did a phone interview for thirty minutes and behavioral interview at company site for one hour. The phone interview was very interesting and interactive. The recruiter was very nice and very interested in my background.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I was hired out of the campus recruiting efforts. I recommend going to as many of the Deloitte events on campus, they closely keep track of that. I had one behavioral interview and two technical case interviews (they are high-level) e.g., describe the steps to transform an enterprise from legacy system X to new system Z.

Interview Questions
    • Study the SDLC and review technology case examples and you will be fine!   Answer Question
    For campus hires, there is no negotiation

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

The initial contact with the Philadelphia recruiter was a very positive ine with great feedback on questions and overall program information. The overall interview involved a behavioral and a case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Their is an ERP system in Canada and the U.S.
      Would you or would you not bring the ERP system to the U.S.? Would you build an in-house system or ask an implementation partner to provide services?

Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

This was a case style interview. They will intentionally distract you during the case to test how you will act under pressure when talking to a client. Other type was a behavior based interview

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

This is for the Business Technology Analyst summer internship program.

I heard about this position through a recruiter at a networking event, and then applied online. I heard back several weeks later and was told that I had been selected for the first round of interviews.

The first round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral phone interview where I spoke with one of the directors of the department. He went through my resume and asked why I wanted to work at Deloitte. He also asked a few behavioral questions which weren't too difficult. I listed a couple of the tricky ones below.

Two days later I received a call saying that I had been selected for the second round of interviews which were at the Deloitte office. The format of this round was two 1:1 case interviews, each 30 minutes long. The questions were similar to the sample case interviews that are online, so I found that helpful to prepare. The interviewers also went through my resume and asked me some questions pertaining to my past work experience.

All of the interviewers were extremely nice and easy to talk to which took some of the pressure off. I followed up with an email and heard back about a week later where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest hardship you've faced in the past couple of years?
      Give an example of a time where you dealt with ambiguity.

Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

College recruitment- on campus interview. First interview was split between 30 min behavioral and 30 min case. Case was about health clinics that are doing everything manually and want to integrate a system- what are the requirements you need to gather? What would you tell to the stakeholders? What if the doctors say they don't have time to come to training? The CEO is worried that you are not going to complete the integration on time what would you do? They are worried that the information will not be secure and personal clients information will be exposed what will you do? Both the recruiter and the case-interviewer were very nice. Got an email the same night that I'm moving to final round interviews 2 days after. The final round was 30 min. Case interview with a manager. Very nice and helpful guy. Question was about build/buy a system: an insurance company wants to change the current system and they are debating if they should build a new system or buy- what are the pros and cons of each situation, how would you motivate employees to use the new system, what requirements should you gather? The CFO is not satisfied with this change, what would you do about it? What would you tell him? How would you make sure there are no errors?
    This is everything that I remember. The website cases are kind of helpful but I think you need to google some more cases and really be prepared. Be confident! Also, just so you'd know, the compensation plan is awesome especially for an entry level position but it does require traveling 80% of the time so basically you're home only on the weekends. Good luck:)

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

On campus interview. Given mentor to help prepare for interview beforehand. Examples can also be found on their website. Process split into two days. First day, basic behavioral interview, and then one case interview where they give you a scenario and ask you questions on how you approach them using different steps of SDLC cycle. Contacted that evening about whether passed to move on to second interview next day, which is another case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for given situation analytic model/solution.   View Answer