Deloitte

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

305 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

This is for the Business Technology Analyst summer internship program.

I heard about this position through a recruiter at a networking event, and then applied online. I heard back several weeks later and was told that I had been selected for the first round of interviews.

The first round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral phone interview where I spoke with one of the directors of the department. He went through my resume and asked why I wanted to work at Deloitte. He also asked a few behavioral questions which weren't too difficult. I listed a couple of the tricky ones below.

Two days later I received a call saying that I had been selected for the second round of interviews which were at the Deloitte office. The format of this round was two 1:1 case interviews, each 30 minutes long. The questions were similar to the sample case interviews that are online, so I found that helpful to prepare. The interviewers also went through my resume and asked me some questions pertaining to my past work experience.

All of the interviewers were extremely nice and easy to talk to which took some of the pressure off. I followed up with an email and heard back about a week later where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • What was the biggest hardship you've faced in the past couple of years?
    Give an example of a time where you dealt with ambiguity.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

College recruitment- on campus interview. First interview was split between 30 min behavioral and 30 min case. Case was about health clinics that are doing everything manually and want to integrate a system- what are the requirements you need to gather? What would you tell to the stakeholders? What if the doctors say they don't have time to come to training? The CEO is worried that you are not going to complete the integration on time what would you do? They are worried that the information will not be secure and personal clients information will be exposed what will you do? Both the recruiter and the case-interviewer were very nice. Got an email the same night that I'm moving to final round interviews 2 days after. The final round was 30 min. Case interview with a manager. Very nice and helpful guy. Question was about build/buy a system: an insurance company wants to change the current system and they are debating if they should build a new system or buy- what are the pros and cons of each situation, how would you motivate employees to use the new system, what requirements should you gather? The CFO is not satisfied with this change, what would you do about it? What would you tell him? How would you make sure there are no errors?
    This is everything that I remember. The website cases are kind of helpful but I think you need to google some more cases and really be prepared. Be confident! Also, just so you'd know, the compensation plan is awesome especially for an entry level position but it does require traveling 80% of the time so basically you're home only on the weekends. Good luck:)

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied through university. Interview was one case and one behavioral. Behavioral was really straight forward, while case was a little more difficult. After the interviews, I got called about a few hours later. Next had a networking night with an open bar tab, before going to regional office for final case interview.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

On campus interview. Given mentor to help prepare for interview beforehand. Examples can also be found on their website. Process split into two days. First day, basic behavioral interview, and then one case interview where they give you a scenario and ask you questions on how you approach them using different steps of SDLC cycle. Contacted that evening about whether passed to move on to second interview next day, which is another case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for given situation analytic model/solution.   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Information session, case study workshop, first round interview (30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case study), networking dinner, second round interview (30 minute case study). Overall, a great process run by a friendly group of Deloitte employees. I felt very welcomed and interviewers seemed to be thoroughly interested in me.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Hiring process was pretty easy-- 1 case and 1 behavioral interview the first day and 1 case interview the second day. Everyone at Deloitte is super friendly which made the process easy.

No negotiation

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

In the first round interview, it had one case interview that followed by an behavioral interview. The behavioral questions are not too hard. The interviewer basically put you in different situations of teamwork and see how you react in those situations. The case interview was hard for me because I don't have much experience of requirement gathering and change management.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

On campus interviews over 2 days. 2 interviews (1 behavioral & 1 case) on 1st day. 1 case interview with partner the 2nd day. The whole interview process was very laid back and the interviewers were friendly. Some questions seemed unrelated/irrelevant but it was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with the growing presence of technology in your life and prevent it from taking over?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Really fast. First round is 30 min case interview and 30 min behavior interview. Second round ,which is also the final round, is in the next day. Interviewers are nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

I went through my university's campus recruiting process. Once I was told I was accepted to interview, they held an evening event the day before the interview to explain the case study process. It was incredibly helpful and I got a chance to network even before the whole process began. I highly recommend going if possible. The first interview was a 30 min behavioral followed by a 30 min case study. My interviewer and I got very off topic in the behavioral so we didn't get to many of the questions.
    The case was much more difficult than what we had practiced, which may be because I have a very math/finance heavy background with little operations knowledge. It was based around how to best integrate an ERP system to a company looking to become more efficient across its 30 offices. My interviewer was very serious and gave me zero signs of how I was doing -don't let that throw you, some interviewers like to do the "bad cop" style-.
    I got called back to a second interview the next day which was another 30 min case study. This time is was more focused on systems development life cycle.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question in the behavioral interview was to talk about a challenge I'd had in working with a team, and how I dealt with a difficult personality to reach an agreement.   Answer Question
    Set salary, no negotiation