Deloitte

Average Difficulty
242 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was set up with a very helpful phone mock interview first. The actual interview consisted of a 1/2 hour case and 1/2 hour behavioral, each with different interviewers. They didn't seem unfriendly, but neither smiled that much. The case was pretty tough. Communication before the interview was excellent.

Interview Question – What documents would an outsourced overseas website developer need in order to develop the desired website?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was selected through the on-campus recruitment process. Deloitte has a few Receptions on campus to allow selected students to network with current employees, to learn more about the company. Once selected they ask you to fill out a couple of online forms before you interview with them. I had a 1 hr interview - 30 mins case study interview, and 30 min behavioral interview.

Interview Question – The case study was very unexpected due to my background. Case study - a CFO has newly joined the company due to a acquisition and the employees do not like her, and she has a new implementation of a data management system that will help them save time as they currently have 5 different systems that allow them to generate reports over a period of 2 months. How should she go about the Content Risk Analysis. I do not have any business background and I would have appreciated if Deloitte took the time to understand my background before interviewing me. As it seemed as a big waste of time and energy. Also the behavioral interview was very unexpected, as the interviewer made so many assumptions, and was so confused, and the worst thing was that he kept telling me that he is confused. Well duh, you wouldn't be confused if you read my resume before interviewing me.   View Answers (2)

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Behavioral and case interviews, each by a high ranking officer. The behavioral interview is just what you'd expect in any other. Case interview was rather technical - I flunked my interview because of this.

Interview Question – The case interviewer asked me about implementing ERP in a region. No idea what an ERP is, much less how it works.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviews were conducted over 2 days, with a behavioral and system implementation case on the first, and a system update case on the second.

Interview Question – For the first case, they asked about what data conversion concerns I had about merging two existing systems   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career center with resume, cover letter, and transcript. About a few weeks later, I was selected for a round 1 interview and was paired with an Interview Buddy. I had no previous experience in consulting or case interviewing so asked my IB a lot of questions before my round 1.

Went into round 1 on Thursday and interviewed with a senior consultant. I had looked over some SDLC the night before to prepare but really had no idea what to expect. The case was about ERP system consolidation, data management, and implementation. My interviewer was very helpful and walked me through the case when I had questions.

That night, I received an email telling me I was invited to round 2 the next day. There was a brief resume walk-through and I had a 45-minute case with a partner and manager. The case was similar to the first, with more specific questions about data management, conversion, archival, and risk mitigation. Afterwards I was able to ask questions about Deloitte.

I received my offer the Tuesday after. The entire process took a week, which was incredibly fast!

Interview Question – Standard behavioral interview questions and case questions dealt with SDLC, data management, and risk mitigation.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – Stick to the basics. You should the basics well enough for whatever technology you are applying. Communication skills really matters in Deloitte.

Interview Question – I applied for .NET so all questions were .NET, C# based but they really dig into the fundamentals and then also the advance concepts.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had two other offers from different organizations.

Houston, TX

Interview Details – Deloitte recruits heavily through my school, so there were a number of pre-interview events including a case study workshop. I attended all of them and felt like I made a strong connection with the representatives. First round is broken up into two parts, a behavioral assessment and a case study assessment each with a different senior-level manager/partner. The second round is a case study with another partner and this is primarily a cultural-fit assessment.

Interview Question – Make sure you know the basics of software development, there are a couple of sample case studies on deloitte's website. Other than that the behavior portions of the interviews are pretty standard.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the University portal. After the resume dealine has ended they tell you the response in a week maximum. Once short listed, they call you for the next 1:1 interview round.
Documents for pre-select : Resume and cover letter

1st Round Interview : Business case interview (30 mins)
                                  Behavioral Interview (30 mins)

2nd Round Interview : Business case interview (45 mins)

Interview Question – In behavioral interview they turned my CV upside down and asked me to do the same. (i.e. Asked me to answer everything from OUTSIDE the Resume, even the examples of behavioral questions)   View Answer

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – They took a group of us out to dinner on a Thursday night. I had 2 interviews Friday, 1 behavioral and 1 case study. I was invited to visit the office and had one more case study interview there. I heard back a couple weeks later. I was pleased with the presentations that they had given and thought the position sounded like a good fit for what I was looking for. Everyone was really easy to talk to about anything, they were very upfront about everything including the downsides to the job.

They expected a lot from the interviews. They kept emailing studying materials for the case studies. I think studying and reviewing that information was very helpful. I first I thought they were asking too much to prepare for an interview, but they are just looking for the people who are willing to put the time and effort into it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working in a team and one member wasn't pulling their own weight.   Answer Question
  • Case Study: You're designing a website for a banking company, what factors do you need to consider.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had a first round interview on campus consisting of a 30 minute case followed by a 30 minute behavioral interview. I bombed the case but felt good with the behavioral portion. I was contacted a couple days later and asked to come to the office for a second round interview. There were six other BTA candidates there and it consisted of Deloitte selling the company and position to you then a two-on-one case interview that lasted an hour. It was pretty rough and seemed to drag on. They then took us out for a nice lunch and a final Q&A.

Interview Question – Just review the cases on their website and that should give you a good idea of what to expect.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!