Deloitte

Updated Sep 26, 2014

264 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

I was set up with a very helpful phone mock interview first. The actual interview consisted of a 1/2 hour case and 1/2 hour behavioral, each with different interviewers. They didn't seem unfriendly, but neither smiled that much. The case was pretty tough. Communication before the interview was excellent.

Interview Questions
  • What documents would an outsourced overseas website developer need in order to develop the desired website?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I was selected through the on-campus recruitment process. Deloitte has a few Receptions on campus to allow selected students to network with current employees, to learn more about the company. Once selected they ask you to fill out a couple of online forms before you interview with them. I had a 1 hr interview - 30 mins case study interview, and 30 min behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was very unexpected due to my background. Case study - a CFO has newly joined the company due to a acquisition and the employees do not like her, and she has a new implementation of a data management system that will help them save time as they currently have 5 different systems that allow them to generate reports over a period of 2 months. How should she go about the Content Risk Analysis. I do not have any business background and I would have appreciated if Deloitte took the time to understand my background before interviewing me. As it seemed as a big waste of time and energy. Also the behavioral interview was very unexpected, as the interviewer made so many assumptions, and was so confused, and the worst thing was that he kept telling me that he is confused. Well duh, you wouldn't be confused if you read my resume before interviewing me.   View Answers (2)

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Deloitte came to our school and gave a presentation to attract accounting/finance major students applying for this position, that's how I finally decided to apply for the job and luckily got selected. However, they didn't treat us any difference compared with other more technical background students.
    The pre-night before interview was a little awkward, the consultants there were really impatient in talking with the interviewees, but the managers and partners were more fun and friendly. The interview on the next day were 1 behavioral and 1 case interview. I interviewed with the partner who I met at the pre-night, he was really nice, so I did pretty well in the behavioral part. But the case was about a financial company with a new CFO who want to integrate different systems, the interviewer asked a lot about data management, which i have little knowledge about, so i basically screwed up the case interview...
    Interestingly, they call me back for the second round on the following day, this time another case interview with a partner. He first let me introduced myself and then read through the case, which is about ERP systems consolidation. Questions were mostly typical SDLC related, except that he again asked about data management...
    Overall, it was my first time doing case interviews and even worse, technical issue related cases, so I was not surprised that i didn't get the offer in the end. But they were very efficient in the recruiting process, finishing the whole interviewing in 2 weeks, which is very helpful in personal time management.

Interview Questions
    • 1.What ideas do you propose to mitigate risks in change management?
      2.If you are in the architect team, what should you take into consideration in data management?
      3.What may be the concerns in data conversion?
        Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Behavioral and case interviews, each by a high ranking officer. The behavioral interview is just what you'd expect in any other. Case interview was rather technical - I flunked my interview because of this.

Interview Questions
    • The case interviewer asked me about implementing ERP in a region. No idea what an ERP is, much less how it works.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interviews were conducted over 2 days, with a behavioral and system implementation case on the first, and a system update case on the second.

Interview Questions
    • For the first case, they asked about what data conversion concerns I had about merging two existing systems   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Deloitte recruits heavily through my school, so there were a number of pre-interview events including a case study workshop. I attended all of them and felt like I made a strong connection with the representatives. First round is broken up into two parts, a behavioral assessment and a case study assessment each with a different senior-level manager/partner. The second round is a case study with another partner and this is primarily a cultural-fit assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you know the basics of software development, there are a couple of sample case studies on deloitte's website. Other than that the behavior portions of the interviews are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Initial aptitude test followed by group discussion cum presentation session where you demonstrate your verbal skills, communication skills, and an HR round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Round 1 with HR (phone)
    Talk about resume, salary, location/relocation, technical skills, desired area of work, why you're interested in Deloitte or leaving your current company.

Round 2 with a senior manager (phone)
    Talk about current role
    Talk about knowledge, certifications, experience
    Talk about testing and systems integration

Round 3 (In person)
    40 minute introduction to Deloitte
    1) Case Interview
    A company needs to upgrade their software, walk through the SDLC cycle from gathering requirements (from stakeholders, not of the system itself....) to development and deployment. Note what things to keep in mind (timeframe, downtime, defects, etc)

2/3) Behavioral/Technical
    The two managers that I talked to for this both made it feel like they were technical interviews without a behavioral. I talked about the processes, software and functionality that I was familiar with and what I was interested in doing at Deloitte. One of the two managers that I talked to seemed wholly disinterested in even being there and did not easily let me talk or answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • Case interviewer was very vague in the questions she asked. when asked about requirements gathering I spoke more to the requirements of the system and process when she meant more about talking to stakeholders and potentially creating workgroups to ponder over the project at hand   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandigarh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

campus interview...... aptitude test followed by case study followed by personal interview. aptitude was easy, consisted of verbal, quant and reasoning sections... case study was also good... and interview was a mixture of technical and non technical questns

Interview Questions
    • how would you rate yourself on a scale of 10 as a person fit for this job and why   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I applied through my university's career center with resume, cover letter, and transcript. About a few weeks later, I was selected for a round 1 interview and was paired with an Interview Buddy. I had no previous experience in consulting or case interviewing so asked my IB a lot of questions before my round 1.

Went into round 1 on Thursday and interviewed with a senior consultant. I had looked over some SDLC the night before to prepare but really had no idea what to expect. The case was about ERP system consolidation, data management, and implementation. My interviewer was very helpful and walked me through the case when I had questions.

That night, I received an email telling me I was invited to round 2 the next day. There was a brief resume walk-through and I had a 45-minute case with a partner and manager. The case was similar to the first, with more specific questions about data management, conversion, archival, and risk mitigation. Afterwards I was able to ask questions about Deloitte.

I received my offer the Tuesday after. The entire process took a week, which was incredibly fast!

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral interview questions and case questions dealt with SDLC, data management, and risk mitigation.   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!