Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was set up with a very helpful phone mock interview first. The actual interview consisted of a 1/2 hour case and 1/2 hour behavioral, each with different interviewers. They didn't seem unfriendly, but neither smiled that much. The case was pretty tough. Communication before the interview was excellent.

Interview Questions

• What documents would an outsourced overseas website developer need in order to develop the desired website?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

I was selected through the on-campus recruitment process. Deloitte has a few Receptions on campus to allow selected students to network with current employees, to learn more about the company. Once selected they ask you to fill out a couple of online forms before you interview with them. I had a 1 hr interview - 30 mins case study interview, and 30 min behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• The case study was very unexpected due to my background. Case study - a CFO has newly joined the company due to a acquisition and the employees do not like her, and she has a new implementation of a data management system that will help them save time as they currently have 5 different systems that allow them to generate reports over a period of 2 months. How should she go about the Content Risk Analysis. I do not have any business background and I would have appreciated if Deloitte took the time to understand my background before interviewing me. As it seemed as a big waste of time and energy. Also the behavioral interview was very unexpected, as the interviewer made so many assumptions, and was so confused, and the worst thing was that he kept telling me that he is confused. Well duh, you wouldn't be confused if you read my resume before interviewing me.   2 Answers

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

Interview

It was an amazing experience.The first step was aptitude test.Maximum elimination happened in this round. Next round was case study.It involved analyzing the given situation and coming out with solutions.Next was the interview comprising of both HR and technical questions.It was the first interview of my life and I enjoyed it a lot.Didn't realize how time flew there.It was awesome.The panel consisted of one HR and one technical interviewer.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Interview

As the standard on campus recruiters

Interview Questions

• Explain your Final year project in detail and what do you learn from it apart from its technical aspects?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage your time between studies and fun?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2009.

Interview

There was a written examination with more than 800 applicants of which they picked 30. Then there was the first round of personality test / behavioral internview followed by another personal interview with higher management. Then they selected 12 people and took us for dinner in a fancy hotel.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

Deloitte came to our school and gave a presentation to attract accounting/finance major students applying for this position, that's how I finally decided to apply for the job and luckily got selected. However, they didn't treat us any difference compared with other more technical background students. The pre-night before interview was a little awkward, the consultants there were really impatient in talking with the interviewees, but the managers and partners were more fun and friendly. The interview on the next day were 1 behavioral and 1 case interview. I interviewed with the partner who I met at the pre-night, he was really nice, so I did pretty well in the behavioral part. But the case was about a financial company with a new CFO who want to integrate different systems, the interviewer asked a lot about data management, which i have little knowledge about, so i basically screwed up the case interview... Interestingly, they call me back for the second round on the following day, this time another case interview with a partner. He first let me introduced myself and then read through the case, which is about ERP systems consolidation. Questions were mostly typical SDLC related, except that he again asked about data management... Overall, it was my first time doing case interviews and even worse, technical issue related cases, so I was not surprised that i didn't get the offer in the end. But they were very efficient in the recruiting process, finishing the whole interviewing in 2 weeks, which is very helpful in personal time management.

Interview Questions

• 1.What ideas do you propose to mitigate risks in change management? 2.If you are in the architect team, what should you take into consideration in data management? 3.What may be the concerns in data conversion?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

Interviews were conducted over 2 days, with a behavioral and system implementation case on the first, and a system update case on the second.

Interview Questions

• For the first case, they asked about what data conversion concerns I had about merging two existing systems   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Behavioral and case interviews, each by a high ranking officer. The behavioral interview is just what you'd expect in any other. Case interview was rather technical - I flunked my interview because of this.

Interview Questions

• The case interviewer asked me about implementing ERP in a region. No idea what an ERP is, much less how it works.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Deloitte recruits heavily through my school, so there were a number of pre-interview events including a case study workshop. I attended all of them and felt like I made a strong connection with the representatives. First round is broken up into two parts, a behavioral assessment and a case study assessment each with a different senior-level manager/partner. The second round is a case study with another partner and this is primarily a cultural-fit assessment.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know the basics of software development, there are a couple of sample case studies on deloitte's website. Other than that the behavior portions of the interviews are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Very well planned and structured. Closed structure interview, but plenty of opportunity to digress and talk more about yourself. The interviewers seem genuinely interested in your wellbeing and in your personal characteristics. They truly interview for personality and character.