Deloitte

Average Difficulty
237 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – Completed phone interviews for behavioral and case questions

Interview Question – If you have a financial banking application, what major concerns would you have?   View Answer

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – on campus has two interviews: behavior and case.
second round is onsite :15min behavior and 45 min case.

Interview Question – No hard question   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on campus. It had 1 group case study, 1 case and 1 interview (Both 30 minutes each)

Interview Question – Number of chairs(the one you are sitting on) that can fill this room   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The first interview consisted of a 30 min behavioral and a 30 min Case study. The behavioral was a basic run down of my resume and the interviewer and I discussed intern experiences as well as experiences through campus involvements.... Pretty straight forward, no unexpected questions from left field.

The next was a 30 min case study. Before the interview I went over some of the practice case studies on the Deloitte web site, which helped a great deal. During the case question I was as detailed as i could. And explained to the interview why I was choosing the decision that i was making. They seemed impressed by the amount off notes i took.

Later they called me back for a second interview, which was just a another case question. A little harder than the first, but still do-able.

From what I was told, Deloitte looks for a strong culture fit. So if you are able to attend a pre-interview reception of some sorts, make sure that you are able to display a good personality. As well be able to talk just about anything. Good attitude and communication skills seemed to be impress to the recruiters.

Interview Question – How would you format the table of contents for a meeting agenda with top execs???   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview Details – I networked starting this past summer since I knew I wanted to get into Consulting with many Deloitte employees at their Arlington office. Deloitte recruits students from my university, so throughout the fall I met a lot of people and learned more about their work environment, culture, DU (training), people. I attended webinars online on how to ace their interviews esp. for the S&O position, and attended just about the majority of their recruiting events on campus.

I applied to S&O (campus recruitment) and BTA position (online since they don't actively recruit on campus for BTA (I majored in business but specialized in IT and mgmt)

I rec'd an email in November for 1st round phone interview, studied up for that via career counselor at school and Case in Point book, as well as using Deloitte's website as a resource. 2nd and Final round was at their Arlington office.
You will need to prepare ahead of time. I prepared during the summer without knowing that I'd get an interview. Go to your career counseling center and use your connections wisely.

The recruiters, receptionists and the interviewers were very nice and I had a wonderful experience before, during and after the interview. You will definitely need to prepare.

Interview Question – Interview questions were about data migration, archival, data management. Topics to present during the meetings on how to integrate technologies. Most of them were technical.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted another offer because current goals aligned more with other company, I needed more of the technical expertise. Deloitte gives that but has a more strategic approach to client problems.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – 2 separate half hour interviews: case and behavioral. Very straightforward. Know about Deloitte- why you want to work there, have examples of case/team work you've done. Practice case questions and analyzing technology-based cases.

Interview Question – The case interview was more difficult if you are not prepared for case interviews. Make sure you understand the question--ask them to repeat it if you are not. And practice makes perfect!   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Two one on one interviews with the basic questions plus a sort of problem solving question set. Not too bad, interviewers were really awesome and as a collegiate, they put you in much contact with other young people in the company.

Interview Question – Nothing out of left field, everything was as expected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got an offer from a different company with a different position that was a better fit for me.

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The process began with submission of a resume through the Deloitte website and my campus career portal. Next was two interviews that took place on campus and were right after each other. My first interview was behavioral and the second was a case.

The behavioral interview was designed to understand how I would react in various situations and how they related to past experiences. When was a time you had to go against what someone told you? Explain a team experience you have had and how you operated as a leader or follower in that situation.

The case interview was much broader than I had expected. It is important here to walk the interviewer through your thinking and move through the case in a logical manner. There is no math on the case. Brush up on a general understanding of ERP and CRM. It is also a good idea to understand the systems development life cycle. Most of this information can be found on the Deloitte website. The case was rushed and the interviewer pushed me along so don't be worried if you don't hit everything. Be prepared to operate under pressure.

Deloitte contacted me within a few days and said I had a second round interview which was held one week after the first. The second interview was with a partner at the Deloitte office. This interview was a combined behavioral/case interview but was 90% case and 10% behavioral. The case was another broad question about software implementation at a large oil company. Again, walk through your thought process. For these cases I did take take notes and asked for some time to think (2 minutes). Group discussion topics as much as possible with a few points for each topic.

Within a week you will be contacted back (if you got the job at least).

Interview Question – I was surprised that the case interview did not have any math and was a very broad question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Given about a month to evaluate the offer which is provided over the phone and through a pdf. Acceptance is entirely online based. All Deloitte BTAs paid the same starting rate so not negotiable.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I applied online through my school career center. The first interview was a case interview at my school. The second interview was one case interview and one behavioral interview, also held at my school. I heard back about a week or so later. Both interviews were about implementing technology changes.

Interview Question – The case was a little technical, but since I didn't have much computer background, the interviewer wanted to know more about how I thought through the case and was less concerned about technicalities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Conducted on-campus interview with them, got matched with a buddy that helped me through the interview process. Didn't get past first round, but HR and interviewers were friendly.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to a solve a problem and didn't know where to start.   Answer Question