Deloitte

Average Difficulty
240 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Conducted on-campus interview with them, got matched with a buddy that helped me through the interview process. Didn't get past first round, but HR and interviewers were friendly.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to a solve a problem and didn't know where to start.   Answer Question

University of Colorado, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – There were two sections. One was behavioral interview (30 min) and the other was case interview (30 min). 1:1 interview, and different people for different sections.

Behavioral questions are pretty common, academic experience, teamwork experience, the biggest challenge in the last year.

Case interview was about a new CFO wanting to upgrade the financial system after a merge. Questions are very similar to their demo online. And the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Question – For the most successful teamwork experience, what is your role in it? Leader or member?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of three total interviews on campus. Once selected for an interview, the process will be two days. The first day is one 30 minute case interview followed by a 30 minute behavioral interview. If you are successful at these, you will be called back to attend the 2nd day. This is one more case interview. Once the interview process is over, they were very quick to get back with an offer (about a week or 2).

Interview Question – The case interview can be tricky if not prepared. The cases are real business scenarios that generally reflect a current project at the firm. The interviewer is looking to recognize logical thinking capability, even if the answer given isn't necessarily "right". There are multiple possible answers so it's the approach that matters.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Deloitte's recruiting process was phenomenal. They came to campus multiple times and really showed interest in our university's students. Had multiple events to inform us about the position, company culture, answer questions, etc. Even had a case study workshop to help us prepare for the interview should we get selected.

Night before the interview, they had a dinner to help calm your nerves and talk to people who have been in your shoes. Again, growing your network- they're really big on that. First day was a 30-min. behavioral and a 30-min. case interview. The second day (if selected to continue) was a 45-min case interview. One week later I had my offer.

Interview Question – My major wasn't as technology based like the case interview. I had to prepare beforehand and really study the systems development life cycle in order to feel comfortable during the case. So even though my major helped with problem solving skills and not much to do with specializing in any type of software or technology, I still succeeded during the interview. They are more interested in seeing how you think rather than "getting the answer right." Sometimes there isn't just one right answer. They want to see your thought process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not budge or negotiate at all. I didn't even get an extension. Your signing bonus is what they expect you to use for relocation which was definitely a bummer.

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Deloitte came to our school and gave a presentation to attract accounting/finance major students applying for this position, that's how I finally decided to apply for the job and luckily got selected. However, they didn't treat us any difference compared with other more technical background students.
The pre-night before interview was a little awkward, the consultants there were really impatient in talking with the interviewees, but the managers and partners were more fun and friendly. The interview on the next day were 1 behavioral and 1 case interview. I interviewed with the partner who I met at the pre-night, he was really nice, so I did pretty well in the behavioral part. But the case was about a financial company with a new CFO who want to integrate different systems, the interviewer asked a lot about data management, which i have little knowledge about, so i basically screwed up the case interview...
Interestingly, they call me back for the second round on the following day, this time another case interview with a partner. He first let me introduced myself and then read through the case, which is about ERP systems consolidation. Questions were mostly typical SDLC related, except that he again asked about data management...
Overall, it was my first time doing case interviews and even worse, technical issue related cases, so I was not surprised that i didn't get the offer in the end. But they were very efficient in the recruiting process, finishing the whole interviewing in 2 weeks, which is very helpful in personal time management.

Interview Question – 1.What ideas do you propose to mitigate risks in change management?
2.If you are in the architect team, what should you take into consideration in data management?
3.What may be the concerns in data conversion?
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – On campus recruiting application followed by casual coffee night request, followed by case interview screening for final round. Classic SDLC case for design of a new ERP system

Interview Question – Who would you contact regarding analysis of the ERP system   View Answer

Business Technology Analyst

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career center with resume, cover letter, and transcript. About a few weeks later, I was selected for a round 1 interview and was paired with an Interview Buddy. I had no previous experience in consulting or case interviewing so asked my IB a lot of questions before my round 1.

Went into round 1 on Thursday and interviewed with a senior consultant. I had looked over some SDLC the night before to prepare but really had no idea what to expect. The case was about ERP system consolidation, data management, and implementation. My interviewer was very helpful and walked me through the case when I had questions.

That night, I received an email telling me I was invited to round 2 the next day. There was a brief resume walk-through and I had a 45-minute case with a partner and manager. The case was similar to the first, with more specific questions about data management, conversion, archival, and risk mitigation. Afterwards I was able to ask questions about Deloitte.

I received my offer the Tuesday after. The entire process took a week, which was incredibly fast!

Interview Question – Standard behavioral interview questions and case questions dealt with SDLC, data management, and risk mitigation.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

Interview Details – Deloitte recruits heavily through my school, so there were a number of pre-interview events including a case study workshop. I attended all of them and felt like I made a strong connection with the representatives. First round is broken up into two parts, a behavioral assessment and a case study assessment each with a different senior-level manager/partner. The second round is a case study with another partner and this is primarily a cultural-fit assessment.

Interview Question – Make sure you know the basics of software development, there are a couple of sample case studies on deloitte's website. Other than that the behavior portions of the interviews are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviews were conducted over 2 days, with a behavioral and system implementation case on the first, and a system update case on the second.

Interview Question – For the first case, they asked about what data conversion concerns I had about merging two existing systems   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Behavioral and case interviews, each by a high ranking officer. The behavioral interview is just what you'd expect in any other. Case interview was rather technical - I flunked my interview because of this.

Interview Question – The case interviewer asked me about implementing ERP in a region. No idea what an ERP is, much less how it works.   Answer Question