Deloitte

Updated Sep 11, 2014

260 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

I networked starting this past summer since I knew I wanted to get into Consulting with many Deloitte employees at their Arlington office. Deloitte recruits students from my university, so throughout the fall I met a lot of people and learned more about their work environment, culture, DU (training), people. I attended webinars online on how to ace their interviews esp. for the S&O position, and attended just about the majority of their recruiting events on campus.

I applied to S&O (campus recruitment) and BTA position (online since they don't actively recruit on campus for BTA (I majored in business but specialized in IT and mgmt)

I rec'd an email in November for 1st round phone interview, studied up for that via career counselor at school and Case in Point book, as well as using Deloitte's website as a resource. 2nd and Final round was at their Arlington office.
You will need to prepare ahead of time. I prepared during the summer without knowing that I'd get an interview. Go to your career counseling center and use your connections wisely.

The recruiters, receptionists and the interviewers were very nice and I had a wonderful experience before, during and after the interview. You will definitely need to prepare.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions were about data migration, archival, data management. Topics to present during the meetings on how to integrate technologies. Most of them were technical.   Answer Question

I accepted another offer because current goals aligned more with other company, I needed more of the technical expertise. Deloitte gives that but has a more strategic approach to client problems.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

2 separate half hour interviews: case and behavioral. Very straightforward. Know about Deloitte- why you want to work there, have examples of case/team work you've done. Practice case questions and analyzing technology-based cases.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was more difficult if you are not prepared for case interviews. Make sure you understand the question--ask them to repeat it if you are not. And practice makes perfect!   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Two one on one interviews with the basic questions plus a sort of problem solving question set. Not too bad, interviewers were really awesome and as a collegiate, they put you in much contact with other young people in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of left field, everything was as expected.   Answer Question

Got an offer from a different company with a different position that was a better fit for me.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

The process began with submission of a resume through the Deloitte website and my campus career portal. Next was two interviews that took place on campus and were right after each other. My first interview was behavioral and the second was a case.

The behavioral interview was designed to understand how I would react in various situations and how they related to past experiences. When was a time you had to go against what someone told you? Explain a team experience you have had and how you operated as a leader or follower in that situation.

The case interview was much broader than I had expected. It is important here to walk the interviewer through your thinking and move through the case in a logical manner. There is no math on the case. Brush up on a general understanding of ERP and CRM. It is also a good idea to understand the systems development life cycle. Most of this information can be found on the Deloitte website. The case was rushed and the interviewer pushed me along so don't be worried if you don't hit everything. Be prepared to operate under pressure.

Deloitte contacted me within a few days and said I had a second round interview which was held one week after the first. The second interview was with a partner at the Deloitte office. This interview was a combined behavioral/case interview but was 90% case and 10% behavioral. The case was another broad question about software implementation at a large oil company. Again, walk through your thought process. For these cases I did take take notes and asked for some time to think (2 minutes). Group discussion topics as much as possible with a few points for each topic.

Within a week you will be contacted back (if you got the job at least).

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that the case interview did not have any math and was a very broad question.   Answer Question
    Given about a month to evaluate the offer which is provided over the phone and through a pdf. Acceptance is entirely online based. All Deloitte BTAs paid the same starting rate so not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

I applied online through my school career center. The first interview was a case interview at my school. The second interview was one case interview and one behavioral interview, also held at my school. I heard back about a week or so later. Both interviews were about implementing technology changes.

Interview Questions
    • The case was a little technical, but since I didn't have much computer background, the interviewer wanted to know more about how I thought through the case and was less concerned about technicalities.   Answer Question
    None

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

Conducted on-campus interview with them, got matched with a buddy that helped me through the interview process. Didn't get past first round, but HR and interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to a solve a problem and didn't know where to start.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University of Colorado, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Colorado, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

There were two sections. One was behavioral interview (30 min) and the other was case interview (30 min). 1:1 interview, and different people for different sections.

Behavioral questions are pretty common, academic experience, teamwork experience, the biggest challenge in the last year.

Case interview was about a new CFO wanting to upgrade the financial system after a merge. Questions are very similar to their demo online. And the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • For the most successful teamwork experience, what is your role in it? Leader or member?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

The interview process consisted of three total interviews on campus. Once selected for an interview, the process will be two days. The first day is one 30 minute case interview followed by a 30 minute behavioral interview. If you are successful at these, you will be called back to attend the 2nd day. This is one more case interview. Once the interview process is over, they were very quick to get back with an offer (about a week or 2).

Interview Questions
    • The case interview can be tricky if not prepared. The cases are real business scenarios that generally reflect a current project at the firm. The interviewer is looking to recognize logical thinking capability, even if the answer given isn't necessarily "right". There are multiple possible answers so it's the approach that matters.   Answer Question
    None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Deloitte's recruiting process was phenomenal. They came to campus multiple times and really showed interest in our university's students. Had multiple events to inform us about the position, company culture, answer questions, etc. Even had a case study workshop to help us prepare for the interview should we get selected.

Night before the interview, they had a dinner to help calm your nerves and talk to people who have been in your shoes. Again, growing your network- they're really big on that. First day was a 30-min. behavioral and a 30-min. case interview. The second day (if selected to continue) was a 45-min case interview. One week later I had my offer.

Interview Questions
    • My major wasn't as technology based like the case interview. I had to prepare beforehand and really study the systems development life cycle in order to feel comfortable during the case. So even though my major helped with problem solving skills and not much to do with specializing in any type of software or technology, I still succeeded during the interview. They are more interested in seeing how you think rather than "getting the answer right." Sometimes there isn't just one right answer. They want to see your thought process.   Answer Question
    They did not budge or negotiate at all. I didn't even get an extension. Your signing bonus is what they expect you to use for relocation which was definitely a bummer.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

On campus recruiting application followed by casual coffee night request, followed by case interview screening for final round. Classic SDLC case for design of a new ERP system

Interview Questions
    • Who would you contact regarding analysis of the ERP system   View Answer