Deloitte

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

277 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

Behavioral and case interviews, each by a high ranking officer. The behavioral interview is just what you'd expect in any other. Case interview was rather technical - I flunked my interview because of this.

Interview Questions
  • The case interviewer asked me about implementing ERP in a region. No idea what an ERP is, much less how it works.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

This was really good and detailed.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Deloitte came to our school and gave a presentation to attract accounting/finance major students applying for this position, that's how I finally decided to apply for the job and luckily got selected. However, they didn't treat us any difference compared with other more technical background students.
    The pre-night before interview was a little awkward, the consultants there were really impatient in talking with the interviewees, but the managers and partners were more fun and friendly. The interview on the next day were 1 behavioral and 1 case interview. I interviewed with the partner who I met at the pre-night, he was really nice, so I did pretty well in the behavioral part. But the case was about a financial company with a new CFO who want to integrate different systems, the interviewer asked a lot about data management, which i have little knowledge about, so i basically screwed up the case interview...
    Interestingly, they call me back for the second round on the following day, this time another case interview with a partner. He first let me introduced myself and then read through the case, which is about ERP systems consolidation. Questions were mostly typical SDLC related, except that he again asked about data management...
    Overall, it was my first time doing case interviews and even worse, technical issue related cases, so I was not surprised that i didn't get the offer in the end. But they were very efficient in the recruiting process, finishing the whole interviewing in 2 weeks, which is very helpful in personal time management.

Interview Questions
    • 1.What ideas do you propose to mitigate risks in change management?
      2.If you are in the architect team, what should you take into consideration in data management?
      3.What may be the concerns in data conversion?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

Went to a couple of Deloitte events and met them at the career fair. Was selected for an interview.
    First day of interview consisted of 2 interviews, one case and one behavioral.
    Fairly easy case interview, knowledge of the SDLC and data migration issues was basically all I needed.
    Standard behavioral interview with discussion about resume and the normal situation based questions.

The second round of interviews consisted of a 45 minute long case. My specific case delved into a lot of detail about gathering requirements.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about researching for a presentation to a CFO regarding a new ERP system they have hired us to investigate.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

I feel that they do a very good job of taking care of you post interview. There are two chances to work on your case interview skills with two people currently employed by Deloitte. However, for it when I came in for the first round interview I just felt very awkward. I knew too many of the people who work at Deloitte (recent grads) and I wasnt comfortable with them looking into everything I've done throughout college.
    Anyway, I got escorted into the first room. I still have no idea who he is, and he didnt care to learn my name which is rudimentary and we went through a case. It was a strategy case (like the one you see on Deloitte's site). I came in thinking that I'd have to do a SDLC cycle and he right away thought why would you start with initiation instead of ANALYSIS? I didnt take the hint right away unfortunately though. Anyway, I got asked a question as to how I would merge implementation systems as one company previously used Oracle and the other used SAP. But of course technical knowledge isn't really needed for this. So we start with Analysis - Develop- Test- Deploy (maybe missing a step)
    Within Test, he had a few questions. Apparently it goes in stages, 25% 75% 100% and then end user
    and as the process goes on, an IT developer's role decreases. The other question is big bang or phased approach. And further than that, why big bang? (thats what the client ultimately used)
    For me, he didnt really give me a chance to think automatically assumed I didnt know and just told me the answers. So I know I didnt do well.
    Second interview, I was in a room with a partner and got grilled for all of 30 minutes. I could answer every question so my advice to any candidate is to know your resume inside and out.

After that interview, I got escorted out and they asked me how my schedule for the evening looked. At that point, I just felt awkward and really wanted to go! I didnt like that they brought a huge group of 5-10 consultants (some of which I knew) just hanging around everywhere.

I was not the least surprised that I got an impersonal email rejection not too long later. So I found out I didnt make it to the second round.

But thanks for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • See business case question ^^ (you are very welcome, itll be a good practice) If it helps, the topic was on an oil company who merged with a competitor. The locations were all over the world.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I applied through my university's career center with resume, cover letter, and transcript. About a few weeks later, I was selected for a round 1 interview and was paired with an Interview Buddy. I had no previous experience in consulting or case interviewing so asked my IB a lot of questions before my round 1.

Went into round 1 on Thursday and interviewed with a senior consultant. I had looked over some SDLC the night before to prepare but really had no idea what to expect. The case was about ERP system consolidation, data management, and implementation. My interviewer was very helpful and walked me through the case when I had questions.

That night, I received an email telling me I was invited to round 2 the next day. There was a brief resume walk-through and I had a 45-minute case with a partner and manager. The case was similar to the first, with more specific questions about data management, conversion, archival, and risk mitigation. Afterwards I was able to ask questions about Deloitte.

I received my offer the Tuesday after. The entire process took a week, which was incredibly fast!

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral interview questions and case questions dealt with SDLC, data management, and risk mitigation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Deloitte's recruiting process was phenomenal. They came to campus multiple times and really showed interest in our university's students. Had multiple events to inform us about the position, company culture, answer questions, etc. Even had a case study workshop to help us prepare for the interview should we get selected.

Night before the interview, they had a dinner to help calm your nerves and talk to people who have been in your shoes. Again, growing your network- they're really big on that. First day was a 30-min. behavioral and a 30-min. case interview. The second day (if selected to continue) was a 45-min case interview. One week later I had my offer.

Interview Questions
    • My major wasn't as technology based like the case interview. I had to prepare beforehand and really study the systems development life cycle in order to feel comfortable during the case. So even though my major helped with problem solving skills and not much to do with specializing in any type of software or technology, I still succeeded during the interview. They are more interested in seeing how you think rather than "getting the answer right." Sometimes there isn't just one right answer. They want to see your thought process.   Answer Question
    They did not budge or negotiate at all. I didn't even get an extension. Your signing bonus is what they expect you to use for relocation which was definitely a bummer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Colorado, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Colorado, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

There were two sections. One was behavioral interview (30 min) and the other was case interview (30 min). 1:1 interview, and different people for different sections.

Behavioral questions are pretty common, academic experience, teamwork experience, the biggest challenge in the last year.

Case interview was about a new CFO wanting to upgrade the financial system after a merge. Questions are very similar to their demo online. And the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • For the most successful teamwork experience, what is your role in it? Leader or member?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I applied through on-campus recruiting and was notified via email of my 1st round interview. The process consisted of 2 interviews, the 1st being split between a 30-minute behavioral and 30-minute case interview. The second being a 45 minute case interview.

The interview process here is extremely clean and efficient. Everyone genuinely wanted to connect and facilitate the process.

The case interview is where I assume most candidates questions will be about. Study what's given to you and prepare it many times over. Once you get there, I would recommend taking a deep breath and using your experience to figure out what's relevant rather than scour books for exact methodologies to solve a case or impress an interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected in the interview questions. Prepare, prepare, prepare. Everything was fair game and straightforward. Be yourself!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Case study interview lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer seemed to be unprepared since she was not even understanding well what the question was saying. There was a whiteboard in case I wanted to explain my answers as presentations. The really hard part, at least for me, was to know when to stop. Make sure your answers are concise and short but also assertive.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your steps in order to implement a new ERP into two merging energy companies.   Answer Question