Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte.

Multiple interviews- less rigorous than finance interviews. There were four to five 30 minute interviews that were a mix of technical and fit questions. Be well prepared since you could be asked anything about the relevant position and how that relates to your background.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2014.

I was contacted late June 2014 and the process took approximately 3 weeks (only because of July 4th, or it would be 2 weeks). This is for FEDERAL BTA, which means you will be working on government stuff.

I was called by the recruiting coordinator. She was nice and wanted to help me as much as possible. We talked a bit about what the job was about and its location (consider it a very laid back interview, but dont discount that you can 'fail' it), and she asked me about relocation and salary and basic requisites like US citizenship and all that, then she paired me up with an interviewer.

1st Round- Technical Interview:
    As someone with a STEM degree, I was paired up with a developer for a initial technical phone interview. Be very careful, it is indeed technical. The person will be a senior specialist who knows their stuff and will definitely know when you are trying to play him/her. They will DEFINITELY scour your resume and ask you questions from it. Here are some questions I wrote down for yall:
    what is the difference between scripting and object oriented languages?
    what is the primary thing about oo languages?
    how to SELECT from a table (relational database)?
    what is a relational database?
    What is the steps in SDLC?
    What are JOIN?
    What is AJAX? You know what it means? What is it used for? Give me an example if an AJAX website.

They can ask other meta questions. However do not base your preparations off of my exact questions. Base them of the format or depth. I told them I knew Java and the interviewer decided to test my knowledge on concepts. So kinda at least understand all terms and stuff you used in your resume.

2nd Round- All in one:
    I had a case, technical and culture fit/behavioural interview. 3 different people in different timeslots, singularly, in one day spanning 2 hours. Now, my situation is most likely going to be different from most of the reader's, because I had special arrangements. I had to do a teleconference (video chat) interview rather than a regular normal fly-to-location - face to face interview that my peers most likely did. So since I would be working in another state, I was asked by Deloitte to go their office in my current state (which is not where I am gonna work) and video chat them from there. Interesting experience, but each interview was exactly 30 minutes with the interviewers being cut off/interrupted when another has to come in (its all automatic). So yeah...
    But it was great and super prompt. I had the interview on friday and heard on monday.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Know your SDLC. Know your technical stuff (if you are STEM major, like myself) , practice case interviews and you should be fine. I am quite sure what they really want is a personable person (this is super important) who knows their stuff. See below:   View Answers (2)
    As someone who was out of college 6 months prior, I had some say into what I wanted, because for some reason i was regarded as an experienced hire since I wasnt hired right out of college. However I was careful about it, because I had needed the job. So it ended being the avg that BTAs get paid with a signing bonus for relocation needs.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Campus Recruiting-
    two rounds on campus: one fit and one technology case. each was half an hour.
    next round was in their office. one 45 minute long interview with a partner.
    The whole process was two weeks

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for campus hires

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Met with recruiter on campus, after which a behavioral interview was held via phone. This is the "airport test" which is where a recruiter assesses whether or not he or she would be okay being stuck in an airport with you for more than ~5 hours. Interview followed by two case studies. Received offer shortly after!

Interview Questions
    • How would you integrate systems of cell phone retailers in malls across the united states?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate but strongly recommend doing so

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

First, an HR called me for an initial screening asking me about past internships and experiences. After that they set me up for a first round of interviews with two different managers; one is being case interview and the other is behavioral interview. Passing these, I was invited to the office for the final round interview with a partner in the company. I was greeted by a current Business Technology Analyst who was really friendly and helpful about the questions I have and helped me relax.

Interview was about 45 minutes and the interviewer was quite helpful throughout the case.

Interview Questions
    • How can you handle data migration for a client? What are the methods ?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

After I submitted the application for Business Technology Analyst through university career service website, I got an invitation for an on-campus interview. The recruiter was on campus for two days. You would be informed that whether you passed the first round at the end of the first day. If yes, you can go to the second round next day.

The first round interview lasted about one hour and had two parts, behavioral interview and case interview. You do not know which one will come first. Before the first round interview, an interview buddy, usually a recent graduate from your school working at Deloitte now, would contact you and answer any questions you may have.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) approach in general and what are the different phases?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

I applied on my college careers website. They got back to me a week later and matched me with another Business Technology Analyst who told me what to expect during the interview and how the job was like. During the first interview I met with two people. The first person was a little rude and didn't seem like he wanted to be there. He mainly asked soft skill questions - Tell me a time when you had to work with a difficult person?. The second person was a lot more friendly and gave the case interview about the SDLC.

Interview Questions

Received another job offer.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

It was a 3 stage process: an aptitude test, group discussion session and a personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a personality judgement, so no technical questions.   Answer Question

I had a better offer.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

The whole selection procedure, right from applying on my college website to the decision took about 4 weeks.
    The first round of the interview comprised of 2 sections-
    30 minute behavioral interview- It was relaxed and was more like a conversation, started from tell me about yourself to which service line are you interested in.
    30 minute case interview- The time was less for a case interview, in was a specific case where a new ERP system had to be developed for a company.

The results of the first round were declared the same evening and the second round was on the next day.
    The final round of interview was a 45 minute case interview. It was a global implementation of ERP systems of M&A. Was very detailed and ended on a few behavioral questions and which service line.

I would suggest- Be confident, be yourself, be thorough with your resume and you are all set!

Interview Questions
    • For deployment strategy and testing of the new ERP system , you plan to hold a meeting. Who would you call for the meeting and what would be the agenda of the meeting?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Applied through the University portal. After the resume dealine has ended they tell you the response in a week maximum. Once short listed, they call you for the next 1:1 interview round.
    Documents for pre-select : Resume and cover letter

1st Round Interview : Business case interview (30 mins)
                                      Behavioral Interview (30 mins)

2nd Round Interview : Business case interview (45 mins)

Interview Questions
    • In behavioral interview they turned my CV upside down and asked me to do the same. (i.e. Asked me to answer everything from OUTSIDE the Resume, even the examples of behavioral questions)   View Answer