Deloitte

Updated Sep 11, 2014

260 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Went to a couple of Deloitte events and met them at the career fair. Was selected for an interview.
First day of interview consisted of 2 interviews, one case and one behavioral.
Fairly easy case interview, knowledge of the SDLC and data migration issues was basically all I needed.
Standard behavioral interview with discussion about resume and the normal situation based questions.

The second round of interviews consisted of a 45 minute long case. My specific case delved into a lot of detail about gathering requirements.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about researching for a presentation to a CFO regarding a new ERP system they have hired us to investigate.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

I feel that they do a very good job of taking care of you post interview. There are two chances to work on your case interview skills with two people currently employed by Deloitte. However, for it when I came in for the first round interview I just felt very awkward. I knew too many of the people who work at Deloitte (recent grads) and I wasnt comfortable with them looking into everything I've done throughout college.
    Anyway, I got escorted into the first room. I still have no idea who he is, and he didnt care to learn my name which is rudimentary and we went through a case. It was a strategy case (like the one you see on Deloitte's site). I came in thinking that I'd have to do a SDLC cycle and he right away thought why would you start with initiation instead of ANALYSIS? I didnt take the hint right away unfortunately though. Anyway, I got asked a question as to how I would merge implementation systems as one company previously used Oracle and the other used SAP. But of course technical knowledge isn't really needed for this. So we start with Analysis - Develop- Test- Deploy (maybe missing a step)
    Within Test, he had a few questions. Apparently it goes in stages, 25% 75% 100% and then end user
    and as the process goes on, an IT developer's role decreases. The other question is big bang or phased approach. And further than that, why big bang? (thats what the client ultimately used)
    For me, he didnt really give me a chance to think automatically assumed I didnt know and just told me the answers. So I know I didnt do well.
    Second interview, I was in a room with a partner and got grilled for all of 30 minutes. I could answer every question so my advice to any candidate is to know your resume inside and out.

After that interview, I got escorted out and they asked me how my schedule for the evening looked. At that point, I just felt awkward and really wanted to go! I didnt like that they brought a huge group of 5-10 consultants (some of which I knew) just hanging around everywhere.

I was not the least surprised that I got an impersonal email rejection not too long later. So I found out I didnt make it to the second round.

But thanks for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • See business case question ^^ (you are very welcome, itll be a good practice) If it helps, the topic was on an oil company who merged with a competitor. The locations were all over the world.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Case study interview lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer seemed to be unprepared since she was not even understanding well what the question was saying. There was a whiteboard in case I wanted to explain my answers as presentations. The really hard part, at least for me, was to know when to stop. Make sure your answers are concise and short but also assertive.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your steps in order to implement a new ERP into two merging energy companies.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

I applied through on-campus recruiting and was notified via email of my 1st round interview. The process consisted of 2 interviews, the 1st being split between a 30-minute behavioral and 30-minute case interview. The second being a 45 minute case interview.

The interview process here is extremely clean and efficient. Everyone genuinely wanted to connect and facilitate the process.

The case interview is where I assume most candidates questions will be about. Study what's given to you and prepare it many times over. Once you get there, I would recommend taking a deep breath and using your experience to figure out what's relevant rather than scour books for exact methodologies to solve a case or impress an interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected in the interview questions. Prepare, prepare, prepare. Everything was fair game and straightforward. Be yourself!   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

It started off with an online test which included questions on english, maths and some logical reasoning questions. The next round was a group discussion where we were given a case study and were supposed to discuss it and prepare a presentation simultaneously for the next round of interview process. After the presentation, there was a 30 min long final interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you are offered more money by some other company, would you still consider working with us?   Answer Question

I opted for higher studies

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

On campus recruiting. Two case interviews and one behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Second case interview lasted 1 hour. Recruiter was not even paying attention to my answers...he kept texting. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Round 1 with HR (phone)
    Talk about resume, salary, location/relocation, technical skills, desired area of work, why you're interested in Deloitte or leaving your current company.

Round 2 with a senior manager (phone)
    Talk about current role
    Talk about knowledge, certifications, experience
    Talk about testing and systems integration

Round 3 (In person)
    40 minute introduction to Deloitte
    1) Case Interview
    A company needs to upgrade their software, walk through the SDLC cycle from gathering requirements (from stakeholders, not of the system itself....) to development and deployment. Note what things to keep in mind (timeframe, downtime, defects, etc)

2/3) Behavioral/Technical
    The two managers that I talked to for this both made it feel like they were technical interviews without a behavioral. I talked about the processes, software and functionality that I was familiar with and what I was interested in doing at Deloitte. One of the two managers that I talked to seemed wholly disinterested in even being there and did not easily let me talk or answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • Case interviewer was very vague in the questions she asked. when asked about requirements gathering I spoke more to the requirements of the system and process when she meant more about talking to stakeholders and potentially creating workgroups to ponder over the project at hand   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

one hr +case interview for one hour followed on next day by a detailed case study interview

Interview Questions
    • general hr and background questions like good and bad experiences working with people, when your opinion mattered etc   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

There were two interviews. We were brought in on a Friday to have a case workshop. We were invited to a social on Sunday evening. On Monday morning, the interviews were half behavioral and hafl case interview (30 minutes each). If advancing to the second interview, you got a call Monday night and invited to a second social. The second interview was more focused on whichever they wanted to learn more about you - either more behavioral or more case. You receive your final answer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked about the SDLC and how we would apply it given a certain situation - the situation varied per interview   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

The interview had two parts. In the first part the interviewer asked general questions related to the resume and the position, including knowledge of the industry and Deloitte. The second part was a case interview about whether a hospital should upgrade medical equipments or not, several questions were asked regarding different case analysis methods.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were normal and should be well prepared, however I didn't know clearly what a Business Technology Analyst do and didn't know enough about Deloitte and its structure   Answer Question