Deloitte

Updated Aug 26, 2014
249 interviews

249 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Campus recuiting. Two rounds in one day. Dinner on the day prior to interview

Interview Questions
  • case interview is the hardest. Asked about system implementation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

1) Got an email asking for availability for phone interview
    2) Had to fill out some major forms.
    3) Scheduled

I made sure the phone was in range etc. but in spite of that all I got was a voicemail after 5 minutes once the time passed. I called back and the guy was a little rude or irritated and said we've already lost 10 minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one way you had contributed towards your organization in a big way.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

On-campus interview. They held many events to sell you on their company culture and etc. Afterwards, you go into a 2 day interview process including 2 cases. You don't need to know too much technical details. I have a feeling it's more about how personable you are.

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Initial contact was made at Career Fair. After which I went to a Deloitte BTA dinner and met with several current employee's as well as fellow applicants. After that I was informed of selection and invited to an interviewee only event where we got to network with the interviewers and observe a significant presentation about Deloitte. Interviews were both behavioral and case type side by side, 25-35mins long each.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at your last job that isnt on your resume   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Initial contact was made at Engineering Career Fair. After which I went to a Deloitte BTA dinner and met with several current employee's as well as fellow applicants. After that I was informed of selection and invited to an interviewee only event where we got to network with the interviewers and observe a significant presentation about Deloitte. Interviews were both behavioral and case type side by side, 25-35mins long each.

Interview Questions
    • How would you restructure the company being discussed based on the knowledge you have?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I submitted my resume through my school's career center and received a first round interview. The first round was a case interview on the phone with a senior manager. I found out a few days later that I was invited for a second round interview on site at the Arlington office. The second interview was another case interview with a manager and a behavioral/fit interview with a partner. Everyone at the office was extremely nice and helpful! The partner was very laid back, friendly, and enthusiastic about his work. They don't try and trick you in the case interview. Just talk through your thought process out loud and stay calm and relaxed. Also, the practice cases online are very helpful. I received an offer a week after the on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The case was about gathering requirements and implementation strategies.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, standard offer for all BTAs. Very competitive offer and great benefit package!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

I was a college campus hire. Went through 2 rounds of interview, first was a 30min behavioral and 30min case and was notified the same day if we passed that round. Second round was the next day and it was 1 hour case. Job offer was extended a couple of weeks after. None of the interviews was on-site. We did however have a EYO day which is sometime in November (at least for the office that I am hired for).

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected questions, case was pretty straight forward just needed to structure well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2009.

Hiring was fairly simple. 3 interviews. The case was easy and walked through by the interviewer, they aren't trying to stump you.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation other that sign date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through campus. The process consisted of two rounds
    1. Round 1: Two back to back 1:1 interviews on campus with senior management. Each half an hour. One case and one behavioral
    Got a call the next afternoon from HR inviting me to the office for the second round
    2. Round 2: Detailed 45 minute case with Director/ Partner.

Got a call in two days with an offer.

Do cases thoroughly. Be specific and organized. The cases are technology and not business. Sample cases on the website are good examples of what to expect. They are pretty straight forward. Think in terms of how you can differentiate yourself in a case answer because the approach can be pretty standard and obvious.
    Try to engage the interviewer by asking intelligent questions.
    The key is to have a good conversation with the interviewer and nail the case!

The HR is very prompt in informing you of the outcome. The entire process was very quick and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Case on new CRM system
      Case on system integration for financial transformation
      A time when your integrity was compromised
        Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate- offer is very competitve

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Deloitte came to my campus for recruiting. Interested students applied through our school's recruitment website and were contacted later by the company if there was a mutual interest. The first interview session consisted of two half-hour interviews: one behavioral, one case study. The behavioral interview consisted of typical questions, such as, "How do you work in groups?" and, "How do you handle difficult situations?" The case study interview was a bit harder, requiring analysis of a fairly vague business. The second interview was a more intensive case study interview, again requiring analysis of a vague business.

Interview Questions
    • What are the steps of the systems development life cycle?   View Answer