Deloitte

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

276 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Campus recuiting. Two rounds in one day. Dinner on the day prior to interview

Interview Questions
  • case interview is the hardest. Asked about system implementation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

1) Got an email asking for availability for phone interview
    2) Had to fill out some major forms.
    3) Scheduled

I made sure the phone was in range etc. but in spite of that all I got was a voicemail after 5 minutes once the time passed. I called back and the guy was a little rude or irritated and said we've already lost 10 minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one way you had contributed towards your organization in a big way.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

Initial contact was made at Career Fair. After which I went to a Deloitte BTA dinner and met with several current employee's as well as fellow applicants. After that I was informed of selection and invited to an interviewee only event where we got to network with the interviewers and observe a significant presentation about Deloitte. Interviews were both behavioral and case type side by side, 25-35mins long each.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at your last job that isnt on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Very well planned and structured. Closed structure interview, but plenty of opportunity to digress and talk more about yourself. The interviewers seem genuinely interested in your wellbeing and in your personal characteristics. They truly interview for personality and character.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

The interview had two parts. In the first part the interviewer asked general questions related to the resume and the position, including knowledge of the industry and Deloitte. The second part was a case interview about whether a hospital should upgrade medical equipments or not, several questions were asked regarding different case analysis methods.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were normal and should be well prepared, however I didn't know clearly what a Business Technology Analyst do and didn't know enough about Deloitte and its structure   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Initial contact was made at Engineering Career Fair. After which I went to a Deloitte BTA dinner and met with several current employee's as well as fellow applicants. After that I was informed of selection and invited to an interviewee only event where we got to network with the interviewers and observe a significant presentation about Deloitte. Interviews were both behavioral and case type side by side, 25-35mins long each.

Interview Questions
    • How would you restructure the company being discussed based on the knowledge you have?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I got selected for a first round interview through the career services office of my college. The first round consisted of two 30 minute interviews - Behavioral and Case. For the first one, be prepared for questions like - Why consulting? Why Deloitte? Demonstrate your leadership skills? Difficult projects etc. You are expected to answer these sort of questions immediately and without fumbling.

The case interview was one question on Financial Transformation.

Once selected you will be asked for another round of interviews at their office. This consisted of longer and tougher case interviews(2) .

Interview Questions
    • A company has acquired many other companies resulting in multiple transaction and report generating systems and technologies within the main company resulting in a $10 million maintenance bill. As a consultant how would you integrate all the technologies and reduce the maintenance costs.   View Answers (5)

I got a job in my dream company and this was not it.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

The process was amazing. I went through campus recruiting, and now as an analyst on the other side can confirm that all school follow this process. About a week before the first interview, I received confirmation that I was chosen. The night before there was a meet and greet with recent alumni and the partners who would be administering the interviews (a bit nerve wracking). The interview process was the best part. On Monday, there were two 45 minute interviews, one case and one behavioral. The case was a bit difficult since I had a business background and the case was an SDLC case. Not quantitative at all. The behavioral was very relaxed. On Monday evening, I received a call for a second round which was to be conducted the next day. It was amazing not having to wait two weeks for the next round. The second round consists of one hour long joint behavioral and case interview. Again SDLC case with no calculations, just talk through the issues. About 10 days later, offers were distributed, it was great.

Interview Questions
    • Personally, the most difficult part was the case studies since I was coming from a business background and they were all SDLC cases. To prepare, use the mock interviews Deloitte provides and just study the SDLC.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Given 30 days to decide.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

I applied through campus. The process consisted of two rounds
    1. Round 1: Two back to back 1:1 interviews on campus with senior management. Each half an hour. One case and one behavioral
    Got a call the next afternoon from HR inviting me to the office for the second round
    2. Round 2: Detailed 45 minute case with Director/ Partner.

Got a call in two days with an offer.

Do cases thoroughly. Be specific and organized. The cases are technology and not business. Sample cases on the website are good examples of what to expect. They are pretty straight forward. Think in terms of how you can differentiate yourself in a case answer because the approach can be pretty standard and obvious.
    Try to engage the interviewer by asking intelligent questions.
    The key is to have a good conversation with the interviewer and nail the case!

The HR is very prompt in informing you of the outcome. The entire process was very quick and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Case on new CRM system
      Case on system integration for financial transformation
      A time when your integrity was compromised
        Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate- offer is very competitve

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Deloitte came to my campus for recruiting. Interested students applied through our school's recruitment website and were contacted later by the company if there was a mutual interest. The first interview session consisted of two half-hour interviews: one behavioral, one case study. The behavioral interview consisted of typical questions, such as, "How do you work in groups?" and, "How do you handle difficult situations?" The case study interview was a bit harder, requiring analysis of a fairly vague business. The second interview was a more intensive case study interview, again requiring analysis of a vague business.

Interview Questions
    • What are the steps of the systems development life cycle?   View Answer