Deloitte
3.5 of 5 6,111 reviews
www.deloitte.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was a college campus hire. Went through 2 rounds of interview, first was a 30min behavioral and 30min case and was notified the same day if we passed that round. Second round was the next day and it was 1 hour case. Job offer was extended a couple of weeks after. None of the interviews was on-site. We did however have a EYO day which is sometime in November (at least for the office that I am hired for).

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions, case was pretty straight forward just needed to structure well.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – I got my first interview through on-campus recruiting. Deloitte representatives came for a networking and information event just before applications were due. I attended and submitted my application soon after. About 10 days later, I received an email from their HR department notifying me of my first-round, on-campus interview. The first interview is only a 30-minute behavioral interview with one of the more senior employees - partners or senior managers - that I think is mainly to get a feel of whether or not you'd fit the company culture but also to see if they think consulting is for you. For me, this went really well. The partner I interviewed with was nice and said I summed up perfectly what a consultant does. Sure enough, I received a call from HR that same day informing me that I would be moving on to the final round at the SF office.

The second (and final) round interview is more challenging because a) there is a case (like in all consulting interviews) and b) it is three interviews back-to-back and thus a bit of an endurance test. However, the case is not your average case that you might get out of Case in Point or Vault or whatever. For our group, they offered an on-campus info session specifically about their business technology case and I suggest you go. It definitely gives you a better idea of what the interviewer is looking for. So all in all, practice technology-based cases as much as you can, get some rest the night before, and be caffeinated.

In the end, I was not offered the job because they thought I would be a better match for the BA role. Moral of the story is, REALLY know what you want before you go into the interview process. I had a lot of friends who are BTAs which definitely helped in this process, but in the end I didn't think enough about what I wanted out of the role and ultimately I think that cost me the offer.

Interview Question – I don't remember exactly what the question was since it was so long ago, but the technology in question was based around telecommunications.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview Details – Two Rounds of Interviews. Round 1 asks the typical questions, "What are your strengths/weaknesses." The interviewers on site are entry level (just to greet and informally chat with) Deloitte employees to Sr. Consultants & Directors (who do the interviews). Deloitte basically grabs current employees to do a few interviews per year, so they glance over your resume and then look a bank of standard interview questions. They are looking for well thought out answers like any other firm, but are very good about taking the interview into a conversation. Round 1 they really just want to make sure they would enjoy working with you if you were assigned to their team.

Round 2 was another interview with a Director and then a case study with a Sr. Consultant. The case study actually mirrored the SDLC example shown on their website as someone mentioned earlier.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte Business Technology Analyst interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees and interview candidates.