Deloitte

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview was over the phone with a manager at the group. Conversation revolved around my interest in valuation, industries that I followed etc. A behavioral round with emphasis on why I decided to enter the field and why I was interested in Deloitte in particular.

Final round at the office with 4 managers. A technical round with basic questions on valuation methods (how will you value a private company, what market multiple would you use to value a bank), financial statement analysis (how are patents recognized on the balance sheet, what ratio would give you an indication of the firm's ability to pay of it's interest expense etc.).

Interview Question – Challenges of valuing a physician practice?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – After applying via campus career center, got an interview on campus, got invited to super day in the office, and got an offer right after. Interview questions were pretty easy, not too technical, mostly fit questions.

Interview Question – What factors would you have to consider if you were to launch an overseas expansions project in China?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – On campus interview, followed by an in office interview. Usually hear back within a day of the on campus interview. In office interview consisted of 4 interviews plus lunch with current associates.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF
Tell me about yourself
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2011.

Interview Details – First screening in a HR interview over the phone. After, you generally go through about four rounds of technical interview. Make sure you are passionate about what are applying for and demonstrate high level of energy. Be sure to be preparer technically.

Interview Question – All questions are very standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview Details – Face to face interview. Some technical questions were asked about valuation. One scenario question, "How would you value so and so..." Another question asked, "What was the most difficult problem you faced and what did you do about it" Interviewer kept on probing with follow up questions trying to get at specifics.

Interview Questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2007.

Interview Details – First round on-campus interview initiated by Deloitte professional at the university career fair. No way to directly apply for an on-campus interview without having previously met the Deloitte people. After first round on-campus, was invited to 2nd round at the Atlanta office. Night before was taken to dinner by a senior employee (manager) and an associate. Nice dinner, no technical questions, more of a get to know you, show your interest in the firm type of thing. Next day 4-5 interviews in-office. Interviewed with Partners, Senior Managers, Managers. If interviews go well (as it did in my case), invited to have a quick (10 minute) interview with the regional head of the group. Have lunch with 1-2 associates. I was given an offer the next day.

Actual interviews varied from technical, to softball.

Interview Question – What makes you better than the other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was non-negotiable.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!