Deloitte

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Firstly I contacted with a employee of valuation group, she referred me to my recruiter at deloitte. First phone interview with my recruiter about some general question.

Second round with a senior manager. I supposed to be asked some technical questions, but the senior manager may be busy that day that she just asked me some basic question like do you familiar with spreadsheet and simulation. Why do you like valuation?

Final round composed of three parts, with two directors and one principle. They are all nice and there are no very technical questions. If you have final round with some lower level, there will be more technical questions. They ask you to tell about yourself and walk through the resume.

Questions: Tell me about one difficult time and how you handle? Tell me one of complex project with valuation you did before. Why valuation. Your leadership skills? You need to tell some accountant the simulation in a easy way, for example they don't understand why we use risk-free rate other than equity rate, can you explain? Explain what you did in this internship.

I just finish my final round and hope this review can help you. Good luck.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

After applying via campus career center, got an interview on campus, got invited to super day in the office, and got an offer right after. Interview questions were pretty easy, not too technical, mostly fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • What factors would you have to consider if you were to launch an overseas expansions project in China?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting. The first round was on campus behavioral interview with two professionals back to back. Thirty minutes each. The week after got an invitation to the on-site interview in Chicago by phone. On-site interview included four behavioral interviews back to back with directors or partners. Thirty minutes each.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. Don't take the offer if you have one from another big company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2013.

First I had a phone screening with the recruiter to find out what position I would be interested in. Then, I was brought in to the office for two interviews, one with senior manager and one with partner. Know the discounted cash flow (DCF) inside and out! Also know the income and market approaches. Very analytical internship, very repetitive, but will look great on your resume and if you get the offer and stick it out for a year the exit opportunities are unbeatable - into an investment bank possibly, hedge fund, or private equity firm.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the 3 valuation approaches and give examples of each.   View Answer
    No negociation

Business Valuation Associate Interview

On campus interview, followed by an in office interview. Usually hear back within a day of the on campus interview. In office interview consisted of 4 interviews plus lunch with current associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

First round interview was over the phone with a manager at the group. Conversation revolved around my interest in valuation, industries that I followed etc. A behavioral round with emphasis on why I decided to enter the field and why I was interested in Deloitte in particular.

Final round at the office with 4 managers. A technical round with basic questions on valuation methods (how will you value a private company, what market multiple would you use to value a bank), financial statement analysis (how are patents recognized on the balance sheet, what ratio would give you an indication of the firm's ability to pay of it's interest expense etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Challenges of valuing a physician practice?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

I had a phone interview then I was invited to interview on site. I had three 1:1 interviews, with manager, senior manager, and partner. Straight forward - discuss background, why Deloitte, why valuation, etc. All fit questions. Be prepared to discuss your resume in detail and what experiences you have had that would make you a good fit with Deloitte. Emphasis is on culture of the firm, and how you would fit in.

non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte in May 2011.

First screening in a HR interview over the phone. After, you generally go through about four rounds of technical interview. Make sure you are passionate about what are applying for and demonstrate high level of energy. Be sure to be preparer technically.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Face to face interview. Some technical questions were asked about valuation. One scenario question, "How would you value so and so..." Another question asked, "What was the most difficult problem you faced and what did you do about it" Interviewer kept on probing with follow up questions trying to get at specifics.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value so and so..."   Answer Question
    • "What was the most difficult problem you faced and what did you do about it"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2007.

First round on-campus interview initiated by Deloitte professional at the university career fair. No way to directly apply for an on-campus interview without having previously met the Deloitte people. After first round on-campus, was invited to 2nd round at the Atlanta office. Night before was taken to dinner by a senior employee (manager) and an associate. Nice dinner, no technical questions, more of a get to know you, show your interest in the firm type of thing. Next day 4-5 interviews in-office. Interviewed with Partners, Senior Managers, Managers. If interviews go well (as it did in my case), invited to have a quick (10 minute) interview with the regional head of the group. Have lunch with 1-2 associates. I was given an offer the next day.

Actual interviews varied from technical, to softball.

Offer was non-negotiable.