Deloitte Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

First I was interviewed by an HR consultant who completely sold the company. After that, I got in 2 rounds of interview, first with the hiring manager, second with her manager. With the hiring manager it was pretty relaxed - she was really trying to get a sense of whether or not I had a vision for the social media properties of the company. With her manager, I could feel that he was trying to understand whether or not I would be a good fit, and that's where I failed - and I think I would not have been a good fit. From my understanding, it is a conservative, slow-paced environment where hierarchy is heavy and managers need to "know what you're doing" and change takes forever to happen. That said, the employee benefits are pretty amazing, so I would not not consider them just based on my feedback.

Interview Questions

• - behavioral questions - they were expecting preparation, a presentation, even though they had not asked for that - culture fit   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was for Deloitte's Digital branch. I was told the interview would be behavioral but was asked mostly technical questions which threw me off as it was not what I was expecting. Technical questions were web development/algorithmic of nature and relatively straightforward if you prepare, with the exception of one difficult question towards the end. Interview was only 30 minutes.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I rec'd a call from HR recruiter. We then booked an appointment for me to meet with hiring director. The week after had a 1 on 1 interview with the director.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Deloitte's website. A few weeks later got an email from a third party recruiter to book a phone interview. Couple of days after the phone interview got an email to book first in person interview. 2 interviews back to back. Both with managers. 1 case 1 fit. That went really well. Couple of days later got a call that they want to bring me back for second round with 2 Senior Managers. That interview was brutal. First he sat there for 5 minutes in total silence just reading over my resume. And critiqued my resume. Just grilled me with extreme minute details about my experiences. Complete opposite of the first round.

Interview Questions

• Why did you put your MBA gpa and not your undergrad gpa on your resume?   1 Answer

IT Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an interview a couple of days after the posting closed. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes, with the first 15 or so comprised of generic questions (describe yourself, etc.). The other 30 minutes were filled almost completely with questions beginning with "describe a time when you".

Interview Questions

• Majority of questions began with "describe a time when you..."   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1) HR screening - expected salary, past experience, why Deloitte? (15 minutes) 2) Manager - Case Study, Past Experience (1 Hour) 3) Sr. Manager - Past Experience, Behavior (1 Hour) 4) Partner 1 - Fit Interview (30 minutes) 5) Partner 2 - Fit Interview (30 minutes)

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Tell me about a time when you are hired to fix a project problem,   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview process consisted of: 1- behavioral and case interview -> with two technology consultant Prepare as many cases as you can from Deloitte website, read them carefully. Learn the business words they contain to use them for your interview. My case was related to extending a business by choosing one type of electronic payments like web portal, bit coin, and mobile payment. Ask the interviewers any question that comes to your mind. For example, what is the cost of entering to the market for each type. When you ask relevant questions, the interviewers give you some related charts that you can use to answer their questions. Regarding behavioral questions, try to prepare for them. Try to prepare for questions like why Deloitte, why this job by doing lots of research about Deloitte. Use their website. They have many things for the interview in their website even on questions you should ask from interviewers. Read carefully the competencies required for the position like having leadership skills, and try to show them through your answers to behavioral questions. Be Smart in your answers to make a good impression :D 2- Written test for 30 minutes: They told me that the test was new for 2015 applications. It was easy test. They asked me to assume myself as a new member of the technology consultant team and write a letter introducing myself and stating the goals I have for the first three month in the team. They would like to test your writing skills. I did not know about the type of the test. So, I did not prepare for that. However, I had the experience of writing formal letters. Again try to be smart in your letter. 3- Fit interview -> with senior manager for 30 minutes Again questions like why Deloitte, tell me about yourself. Try to be more confident and relax. It was an enjoyable discussion without any stress. The questions mainly were about the types of the projects that they had and asking my interest on them. . 4- Fir interview -> with partner for 30 minutes Again it was an enjoyable discussion without any stress. He asked me about my thesis and my experiences. I had the first interview in one day, and the others in another day. My advice, Try to be CONFIDENT, read a lot about Deloitte and the interview questions, and prepare for them.

Risk and Quality Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

At first they sent me an e-mail to book a phone interview, it was a 30 min interview, one week after the phone interview they called me for a 1:1 interview, 1h interview.

Interview Questions

• we discussed my resume, she asked me if I took any accounting classes, why I wanted to join the company and if I wanted to do a Master   Answer Question

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the undergraduate internship for the summer as a business analyst. There were two rounds of interviews. The primary reason for my success in receiving an offer would have to be the fact that I met with so many of the employees in Deloitte Consulting overall, not even S&O specifically, and I went about it in a genuine manner. I met them at information sessions and networking events held at Telfer School of Management (uOttawa). Both of the interviews were behaviour-based; no case was involved.

Interview Questions

• 1st round: explain a time that you had to think on your feet/improvise, and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • 2nd round: how would you describe your personality, and how would your peers describe your personality?   1 Answer
    • 2nd round: many questions revolving around the idea of post-grad education and/or a designation; if I'm looking into a designation or an MBA, and why.   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round: 45 minute face to face interview with senior managers. There will be a discussion about your background, technology and what you want to achieve at their company. Second round: If you are successful at the first stage interview, you will be invited back for dinner with directors and partners. Third and Fourth round of interviews with a director and a partner to determine whether you'd fit the dynamic of their company environment.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Deloitte? 2. Why this service line? and many behavioral and mini technical case questions.   Answer Question