Deloitte Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the undergraduate internship for the summer as a business analyst. There were two rounds of interviews. The primary reason for my success in receiving an offer would have to be the fact that I met with so many of the employees in Deloitte Consulting overall, not even S&O specifically, and I went about it in a genuine manner. I met them at information sessions and networking events held at Telfer School of Management (uOttawa). Both of the interviews were behaviour-based; no case was involved.

Interview Questions

• 1st round: explain a time that you had to think on your feet/improvise, and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • 2nd round: how would you describe your personality, and how would your peers describe your personality?   1 Answer
    • 2nd round: many questions revolving around the idea of post-grad education and/or a designation; if I'm looking into a designation or an MBA, and why.   1 Answer

Consultant/Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

B-School, applied though my school
    1) invite for an interview though email

I am upset because they did not let me know whether or not they made it to the next round or not. I thought it went well, but they just never cared to let me know.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Online application followed by a series of Skype Interviews (as I was applying for interviews in across the coast).
    1st Round: 2 one hour interviews (one behavioural/technical & one business technology case)

The tech/behv round covers a wide range of questions on project life cycles, databases, basic IT. Also, a run through of the CV with emphasis on ability to deal with ambitious situations.
    2nd Round: 2 30 min fit interviews with senior management to determine interests and goals. Very relaxed and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Business Case Analysis of cloud vs on-site infrastructure for a regional transportation company.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was called for the initial interview which tested my technical know-hows. The second interview was to test my fit with Deloitte. The second interview was bipartite, I was first interviewed by a senior manager and then a partners.

Interview Questions

• Questions on databases, software development cycles, and object oriented design/programming.   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was send an email to go to Deloitte in Downtown for an interview, The interview is mainly behavioral very conversational, talking about different situation an overview of the Resume the typical interview process.

Immigration Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Fast and professional. The interviewer was personable and polite. He was not familiar with my area of law so it was hard to explain my experience. tried to make me feel at ease. I was not prepared to state salary expectations. May have suggested a figure too low. Tip: find a linked in profile with the job title you're interviewing for. Learn duties, be ready to discuss them.

Interview Questions

• WhyDeloitte? Why did you decide to practice immigration law? What are your salary expectations. What type of files do you work on daily?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Interview process took a month. In person case+behavioural interview > senior manager interview > Partner interview.
    The case interview was about finding cost inefficiencies around technology, I personally found it very easy.
    The second interview was in their office with a senior manager. I believed it was a stress test, he pressed every answer that came out of my mouth. I just kept smiling, answered questions truthfully to the best of my abilities.
    The third interview was in their office with a partner that I would be working with. He was very nice and the interview was conversational. I think I came across very cocky.

Interview Questions

• Tell me exactly what you did in the positions in your resume?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied on line through their career website. Then received a call after 2 days asking me why did you apply for this position. I was not prepared so I did not make it to the next round. The next one would be a case interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did u apply for this position   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within two business days for the first round fit interview. There were 3 rounds in total. The 2nd round included a case, written portion, case presentation, and quantitative problem. There were several partners who participated in the interview process and I found they focused heavily on vetting your personality I.e. Fit within the team and Deloitte work culture. They were very personable and open to questions. The fit Interviews were very conversational and quite enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in Deloitte in five years, and what would you be working on?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate offer.

Corporate Finance, Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Two interview process: initial process through HR department, which predominantly inquires about your resume following with one or two behavioural questions, the second interview is conducted with the corporate finance team asking technical finance questions and then about your background again. The hiring process took well over a month. Remain confident throughout the interview as it is was not particularly tricky or difficult if you prepare.

Interview Questions

• Corporate valuation methods and their respective steps.   Answer Question