Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Good, structured, interview process

Interview Question – Really easy cases   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate much.

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round was a phone interview with two associates. Both very kind, and simple technical questions (how would you value this hypothetical company?). Second round was Superday at their office in Chicago. Pre-superday dinner, then next day 5 interviews (30min each). One interview was purely technical, asking to look at financial statements and calculate various metric (FCF, working capital, etc). Know your basic IB technicals and you'll be fine. Then lunch with the team. All over a great time, with a really great team. Bummed I didn't get an offer, but seemed like a great place to work. Very kind people.

Interview Question – How would you value X company? Calculate FCF, working capital, enterprise value, etc. Does anything strike you as odd about these financial statements? Which? Why?   View Answer

Writer - Internal and Proposals Interview

Writer - Internal and Proposals
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I enjoyed my conversations with everyone at Deloitte! They took me through quite a lengthy interview process, beginning with the initial conversation with a recruiter in the third week of January and ending with live interviews the third week of February. The entire process, commencing late one night with a correspondence between me and the recruiter reviewing my application, lasted 35 days. For an initial phone interview, the recruiter asked me to comprehensively detail my experience with proposal writing, the culture and size dynamics of the groups with which I worked at my previous firm, and the feelings and experiences that drew me to apply to Deloitte. She and I then worked together via E-mail to organize additional phone interviews with a Tax Manager and a Proposal Lead for the coming weeks. The Tax Manager pursued the interview as a natural conversation, while the Proposal Lead asked friendly but pointed questions ("Just going into a little more depth with your proposals experience - Would you copy and paste templates, or would you write original language for cover letters and executive summaries?"). I was also asked by the recruiter to provide a narrative account of my work experiences over the last seven years with any blanks justified and to complete a second application. Another week passed before I was invited into the office for live interviews with three women, all occupying very different roles, on a concrete, inflexible date when I also happened to have other interviews with a competitor firm. The first two interviews lasted just over thirty minutes each, and were a healthy mix of natural conversation ("My husband and I completely eschew social media") and addressing some questions about my experience and long-term goals. The final interview was a 2.5 hour conversation addressing everything that's ever been under the moon and then some. All of the conversations were great.

Eight days later, I received the standard rejection via E-mail: "While your background and experience are good, we have identified other candidates whose experience more closely match our needs at this time."

Interview Question – "What interests you about this role?" It was a difficult question because each interviewing party had very different ideas about what the role would entail. I was informed during the live interviews that I would receive a different explanation of the role from everyone because it was "not really defined," and is rather "what the person in it makes of it." At times, I worried that I might be offering an answer that would jibe with one party's sense of the ideal candidate's traits but sharply conflict with another's, simply because there wasn't an expressed consensus among the interviewers of what the role would entail and, therefore, what skills were best suited to it.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews - 1 phone 1 sumerday

Interview Question – would you accept this offer right now?   Answer Question

Senior Project Controller Interview

Senior Project Controller
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process is very friendly and straightforward. I was referred to Deloitte by a personal friend who also works at Deloitte, contacted by a recruiter for the position, and then we set up an initial phone interview within a couple days of that first e-mail exchange. After that phone interview, where we just went over my resume and basically it's applicability to the job, I was told I would be recommended for a second "technical" phone interview with someone from the group at a level higher than the one I was applying for. I had that phone interview a couple days later and we also mostly just discussed my resume and some soft-skills type questions about time-management and delegation, for example. Both phone calls were very laid back and low stress. A few days after that (could've been even a week or so), I heard back from my original recruiter (who did the first phone interview) and she said I was going to be invited into the office for in-office interviews. It took a while to get the official invitation from another HR representative (1-2 weeks) and then I was scheduled to come into the office about 2 weeks after that. I had three in-office interviews: 1) a fit interview (same as the phone interviews, basically), 2) a 'financial' interview (where I also talked mostly about my resume and past experiences), and 3) a case interview. I will say that I read a text book on case interviews cover-to-cover, practiced at least 50 different cases, and put in a total of close to 30 hours of studying for this case interview - and it was 30 hours too much. I didn't really get a case in the true sense of the word but was given a very general scenario and asked how I would (or have in the past) handle it. Everyone I talked to was very friendly, approachable, and I felt completely comfortable. I heard back within one week with an email saying that the team was preparing an offer and I got the actual offer another week later (so probably two weeks after my interviews).

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. It was one of the best interview experiences I have ever had!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I had read on here that most people who tried to negotiate were turned down so I had a plan in my mind and as long as they met that plan, I was on board (and they did).

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2011.

Interview Details – long interview process with several people

Interview Question – asked techinical questions about PeopleSoft Financials   View Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Audit Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

Interview Details – Begins with a campus recruiting type event, followed by an interview on campus provided your resume is acceptable by Deloitte's standards (or you know someone to get yourself an interview). Campus interview includes stock behavioral interview questions, shouldn't be anything that wasn't taught to applicants already. Make sure you address each point appropriately putting additional weight on the resolution (prove how you are able to generate positive results, or, in the event of a negative example, how you learned from the outcome). Succeeding at the campus interview level provides an opportunity for an office visit. Here you will meet with varying degrees of Deloitte employees. The logistics of the interview will be conducted by the HR representative. Interviews will take place with a Partner/Director and a Manager. Usually followed by a lunch with a staff/senior. Make sure you find a way to relate to whomever you are interviewing, and prove you are enjoyable to be around during this stage.

Interview Question – What is your proudest accomplishment? (need to be prepared to brag about yourself)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room in offer, everyone gets about the same and varies by city.

Senior Technology Consultant Interview

Senior Technology Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – It was a completely unfair interview. The recruiter called and did a behavioral interview right on the spot without giving me a chance to prepare myself. Then she set up two more phone interviews for the same day and the day after one of which was a case interview. Both of my interviewers were impressed with me and they both said that they would definitely suggest me for an on site interview. But after a week the recruiter called (after I sent her a message) and said they have decided to move on with other applicants and when I asked for the reason, she just said we had a lot of competitive applicants.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1 screening telephonic interview
3 Face-to-face interview with Manager, Sr manager and Director.

Interview Question – 1. Business case
2. 20 % technical and 80% strategy and approach specific questions
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – offer wuld be as per market standards

Real Estate Intern Interview

Real Estate Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Applied online and then got email for phone interview invitation. After passed phone interview, went on a office visit for 1-1 interview. Got the result back one week after office visit

Interview Question – How to value the property we are in right now?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte