Deloitte

Updated Dec 1, 2014

3.1

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

On campus interview with 2 interviewer: one manager and one partner. The interview process was like a conversation, and I was asked about my past internships, teamwork experiences, and challenges I have met before. When talking with partner it was really like a conversation, but the manager interviews were more follow up the routine interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The first round interview is not very difficult, just using example to demonstrate your experience and be yourself.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

Very easy process when going through interviews on campus.

Forensics Full Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I applied through the campus website and got an on campus interview call. It was a half and hour interview with a Senior Manager in the Forensics team. It mostly consisted of questions on my resume and previous work experiences . Also focused on extra curricular activities. The interviewer seemed easy going and cheerful. There were no technical questions as such. Around 10 candidates were being interviewed for 2 positions at my campus that day.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

On-campus resume drop. Invited to 2-hour case practice at Chicago offices. Following week invited to 30 min coffee chat near university. Then received invitation to first round interviews. One hour - 30 min case and 30 min behavioral. Received rejection 48 hours later. All professional.

Interview Questions
    • Case level of moderate difficulty. Interested in ones' breath of knowledge rather than depth.   Answer Question

Senior Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

The process is very friendly and straightforward. I was referred to Deloitte by a personal friend who also works at Deloitte, contacted by a recruiter for the position, and then we set up an initial phone interview within a couple days of that first e-mail exchange. After that phone interview, where we just went over my resume and basically it's applicability to the job, I was told I would be recommended for a second "technical" phone interview with someone from the group at a level higher than the one I was applying for. I had that phone interview a couple days later and we also mostly just discussed my resume and some soft-skills type questions about time-management and delegation, for example. Both phone calls were very laid back and low stress. A few days after that (could've been even a week or so), I heard back from my original recruiter (who did the first phone interview) and she said I was going to be invited into the office for in-office interviews. It took a while to get the official invitation from another HR representative (1-2 weeks) and then I was scheduled to come into the office about 2 weeks after that. I had three in-office interviews: 1) a fit interview (same as the phone interviews, basically), 2) a 'financial' interview (where I also talked mostly about my resume and past experiences), and 3) a case interview. I will say that I read a text book on case interviews cover-to-cover, practiced at least 50 different cases, and put in a total of close to 30 hours of studying for this case interview - and it was 30 hours too much. I didn't really get a case in the true sense of the word but was given a very general scenario and asked how I would (or have in the past) handle it. Everyone I talked to was very friendly, approachable, and I felt completely comfortable. I heard back within one week with an email saying that the team was preparing an offer and I got the actual offer another week later (so probably two weeks after my interviews).

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. It was one of the best interview experiences I have ever had!   Answer Question
    No negotiations. I had read on here that most people who tried to negotiate were turned down so I had a plan in my mind and as long as they met that plan, I was on board (and they did).

Deloitte Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I got in touch with Deloitte LLP through my university's career fair for undergraduates. I attended a case interview prep workshop and night prior dinner with Deloitte. I interviewed at my university for first round, a behavioral and case interview, both individual. I then flew on site to Chicago. There was a night prior required dinner as well as interviews all day the next day. I was in two individual behavioral interviews, one individual case interview, and one group case interview.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Multiple interviews with Director and Staff

Work life balance and they wanted me to dissolve all financial holdings with loss to me personally

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I had 4 30-minute interviews on campus. I received an offer that same week. Depending on your university, you may have 2 interviews in campus and 2 in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. Think about working on teams, time management, leadership roles. Most importantly show great communication and your personality.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

I got the interview because a senior partner recommended me for it. Any partner in good standing can arrange for you to get past the resume screeners for an interview.

First, there was a screening interview over the phone. This went very well, with normal interview questions about my background and the expectation that I would ask 2-3 questions about Deloitte. The point was to see if you can hold a conversation and act professionally.

Then, there were two first round interviews, a behavioral and a case interview. I also did well on the behavioral interview. I prepared by getting the top interview question list from my CSO and making notecards with the interview question on the front and my desired response on the back. I came up with about 20-25 notecards. This strategy worked well. There was only one question that I didn't see coming and I was able to give a few really solid answers to the ones I had prepped. On the last question, the interviewer even said: "Wow. That was a fantastic answer." :)

Where I ran into trouble was the case interview. My preparation was not well-suited to the interview. This was an interviewer-led case interview. After the initial prompt, there were 6 specific questions that the interviewer posed to me. Some were: "Given X, what factors would you consider in making your recommendations." But the ones that really killed me were the math questions. There were two of them. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE MATH BEFORE THE CASE INTERVIEW. What is 20,000 times 60? What is 300 times 50? What is 50 million times 20? You have to be able to do these calculations quickly and confidently. Moreoever, you have to be able to do them consistently because one mistake can screw you over. Otherwise, before you know it you're stumbling and bumbling and you have lost the interview.

Bottom Line: The case interview is EXACTLY like Deloitte says it is on their website, just with harder math.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you brainstormed in a team environment.   Answer Question

Audit Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

They were very easy to access communication wise and quick in responding. Very flexible with scheduling!

Interview Questions
    • Haven't gotten any unexpected questions yet but I likely will in the next round.   View Answer
    I'm not done with the interviewing process yet. I passed 1st round and will be moving onto 2nd round soon.