Deloitte

Average Difficulty
212 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Long process. Have something they can use on a project. And talk about future career goals. Know the kinds of clients Deloitte has and also talk about some potential avenues for new business. Be honest and confident. Also realize it is a very competitive culture that is fast paced.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation. Be happy you have a job.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 1 week - Interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

This is the round in Deloitte US Interview:
-Technical Interview
-Management Interview
-Senior Management Interview
-Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview

Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there is good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Question – First round and second round are with aptitude interview, and technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the offer in hand within 9 days.

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Hired 6 months in advance of graduation. On campus interview with a manager. Then all expenses paid trip to Deloitte office to meet two managers and a Director or Partner.

Interview Question – Understand the existing structure of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation ability

Consultant

I applied through other source and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – A friend passed my resume to a manager she knew and that manager forwarded my resume to a recruiter in Human Resources, who called me for an Initial phone interview. After the preliminary screening, the recruiter set-up onsite interviews with two hiring managers and one senior manager. The managers were cordial and professional and had many years of industry experience. They talked about the requirements and expectations of the position I was interviewing for and looked through my resume and asked questions about my background, experience, and skills. The process was very quick, and they made an offer within two weeks.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult or unexpected. I talked about my experience and work I did in my prior jobs and the hiring managers asked some additional questions. They also talked about the requirements and expectations for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary offered was based on initial assessment of my work experience and salary. Also offered a sign-on bonus at the time. Definitely try to research salary for position in advance and negotiate, negotiate.

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews. One with the partner, one with the project manager. My contract in DC was won by Deloitte, so after previously working with Deloitte resources, I came over with the new contract with Deloitte. Their resources worked closely with me when I was at a previous employer and they recommended me heavily for the job.

Interview Question – I had a different interview process than most will go through. Basically was a done deal as the partner wanted me to come over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation, as I was out of the country when offer letter was sent

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had 4 30-minute interviews on campus. I received an offer that same week. Depending on your university, you may have 2 interviews in campus and 2 in the office.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. Think about working on teams, time management, leadership roles. Most importantly show great communication and your personality.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly easy. Had an initial phone screening with the recruiting manager. Got a call the next day to set up a 30 minute phone interview with one of the Manager for a technical interview. This interview was very technical. I didn't know the answers to some of the questions so I informed the Manager and he was okay with that and moved on to the next question.

I got a call from the recruiting manager few days after the technical interview asking me to come in for three on-site interviews. The three on-site interviews consisted of a behavioral, technical, a case study. The technical and behavioral interviews were pretty simple and straight forward. Basic questions like "Tell me about your self", "Where do you see your self in 5 year?", "Tell me your strengths and weaknesses", etc... If you've done interviews before than you should know what to expect and prepare accordingly.

The case study was a little difficult but not too bad as I've had some time to prepare. Look at the case study sample on the website as those will provide you with plenty of practice. They are mainly looking for your thought process so asking lots of relevant questions to keep the conversations flowing is very important. In the end, they will want a recommendation to see how you've come up with the answer. Remember, there will never be one right answer. Case study interviews will be different for each field. Mine was related to an ERP system.

After about 2-3 days, I got a call from the recruiting manager informing me that Deloitte would like to extend an offer. This was more or less an informal offer where the recruiter told me what my expected salary would be. Got an official offer in the email a day or two after with all of the details.

Interview Question – Tell me your five strengths and one weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was pretty good but I decided to negotiate it and it worked in my favor. They normally are willing to budge if you try to negotiate 2 to 3 thousand depending on what your initial rate is. Mine was 75K so I negotiated to 78K. I had to relocate for the position so I used that as a leverage. Always negotiate your salary!!

Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – what i had is through campus recruiting. the campus recruiting is very standard. first round will be on campus, 2 half an hour interview, 1-1. and then onsite. three rounds, 1-1.

Interview Question – no tough questions; all behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very standard process, no negotiation

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Started with an employee referral which lead to a phone screening call. The call was about 30 mins long and was just your basic phone screening questions, such as tell me about your resume and what have you done.

After the call ended the recruiter notified me that I should come into the office for 3 one on one interviews. I agreed and the interviews were broken down into these three parts.
1. Technical interview - this was more on the technology you use on day to day life in your current company. I went for a functional position so it wasn't as much programming but thought process on why or why not you would do X and Y.
2. Case Study - This was the only hard part of the interview. They gave me a case which involved the business unit. A lot of examples online were helpful and I encourage anyone to use it from the Deloitte's website.
3. Do you fit in interview. Just a simple talking interview to see if you fit in with the culture.

After the interview segment, I got a phone call about a week later and an offer.

Interview Question – Case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I asked for.

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screen, phone interview and in person interview. In person interview was with 3 PPDs. From phone screen to in person interview took about 6 weeks. I had to wait for almost 2 months before I got the job offer.

Interview Question – My business case question was related to my field of work. I was provided interview prep material which was very helpful   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!