Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.2

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2013.

5 rounds - For System Integration
- 2 technical - J2EE
- 1 senior manager - About Previous Projects
- HR
- Versant Test - English

Interview was based on mainly basic concepts related to java,javascript, html, sql etc.
First Round - Lots of questions on J2EE. Duration was around 45 minutes
Second Round - Again questions on J2EE, sql etc.

Interview Questions
  • Questions was based on the basic concepts of J2EE   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

The hiring process is literally 2 different interviews at 2 different location. I did good on my first one and I guess my 2nd interview didn't go over well. In my first interview they said I had the personality and background for the job and that I had a strong chance of getting hired, but my 2nd interview they seemed uninterested in my personality or experience. I feel like they were more interested in what I knew about the company and what I felt that I could bring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Great process. They were very thorough and professional. The interviews were quite tough and needed intuitive and logical thinking process. I absolutely enjoyed the process and had a great time interacting with all the employees.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

They asked me fit based questions and then situational stuff. We met at their office in New York. We talked about both of our backgrounds and then went into more resume and technical questions. The interviewer was nice for the most part but could be harsh at times. Overall I think it went well and wasn't too bad of an interview. Some of the questions asked were interesting.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2015.

One personality and IQ quiz before the first interview.
    During one day : one Business case in team and an HR interview where you present your resume and some languages tests. After, if you are selected (within a week), you will have an manager and partner interview in the business line you prefer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

The interview process was very thorough and was different. It did well to differentiate the applicants. I found that I was able to showcase my strengths well. The interviews was stretched out over a couple of weeks

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

I applied through campus recruiting. The process was very straight forward, Deloitte is very transparent as the evaluate candidates. After applying through my school's career service I was contacted for a first round of interviews - this included two separate pieces. The first piece was a behavioral interview followed by a case. Deloitte evaluates you on every part of your interview, this includes the greeters.
    After I finished the case I was told I would know by 5 PM that day if they wanted me to come back. They called a few hours after I left and asked me to come in the following day.
    The second day was very close to the first in initial structure; greeter, behavior and case. The difference was the amount of time with each person/people, in the second day the case is much more in depth. There is a tool on the Deloitte website that will help you prepare for these cases and I highly recommend using it. Deloitte's cases are not as hard as what most business schools will put you through but they are also given in a unique structure which adds to the difficulty. Be prepared when you go in and make sure you are confidant in your answers, in the qualitative section they are looking not just how you solve the case but also how you process the case. With the quantitative section they want to see how you gather the data just as much as they want to see you answer the question - that said, don't get the wrong answer: prepare for these interviews there are no hidden aspects and because of that Deloitte expects that you've done your homework and can do some basic math with people looking at you.
    After the interviews I was told I would hear back in two weeks. I had gathered all the contact information from the interviewing/greeting members of Deloitte and wrote each short thank you note.
    I revived my final offer exactly two weeks later.
    The overall interview is set up to have a behavior (little or no stress) and a case (mild to moderate stress) to truly gauge if you are the right fit for Deloitte, be yourself and prepare.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you want to work at Deloitte?   View Answer

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

This is a great synopsis of our consulting campus interview process. You can find additional tips for preparing for the recruiting process on our careers site ... More

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2015.

I applied to Deloitte's Human Capital Practice, specifically the Organization Transformation and Talent (OT&T) team. The process took a month from the day my resume was submitted to the day I received my offer. Deloitte's recruitment process was the most professional and enjoyable I have ever gone through.

Round 1: Initial phone screening with recruiter
    - The recruiter asked questions about my background, why I wanted to leave my current job, and why I wanted to join Deloitte. She also asked specifics about what office I wanted to be aligned to, my salary requirement, and preferred start date.

Round 2: Technical screening with Manager
    - I spoke to a Manager in OT&T who asked questions about my technical skills and experience in organization transformation. He wanted to learn about particular projects and deliverables I participated in and what my roles were in accomplishing the results.

Round 3: Cultural fit, technical skills, and case interview
    - Deloitte flew me out to the office I wanted to join where I had 3 more interviews. The first was with a Senior Manager who assessed whether I would be a cultural fit with the firm. She asked mostly behavioral questions and took the interview as an opportunity to get to know me. The second was with another Manager who dove into my technical skills and asked specific questions about projects, deliverables, and various experiences relevant to managing transformations. The final interview was the case study led by a Director. The case study was based off of skills that Deloitte expected of me as an experienced hire, so it was not difficult. It was a scenario that I had encountered before in project work and the key was just to stay confident and walk your interviewer through your thought processes.

The next business day my recruiter called me with an offer to join the team. I had a competing offer from another firm and Deloitte quickly offered to match it. In addition, Deloitte had managers in OT&T call me to answer any questions I had and make sure I had an opportunity to address any concerns about joining. It was a fantastic experience overall, but I ended up declining the offer because my other offer was a better fit for me. Everyone involved in my recruiting was easy to talk to, respectful, professional, and sounded like they truly enjoyed working at Deloitte.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2015.

An employee sent in my CV for a specific position back in late November, but I received an email stating that my experience was not a fit for that position and didn't hear anything else for months. I did eventually hear from Deloitte HR in late February, and the process went incredibly fast after that.
    I spoke with a recruiter over the phone, and after discussing my experience she immediately scheduled me to come into the Rosslyn office for a series of three interviews in one day. A week and a half later I went in for the interviews. I stayed in one small room and three employees (manager, senior manager, and principal) rotated around to talk with me.
    There were three interviews: fit, behavioral, and case. The fit and behavioral interviews were very relaxed and mainly revolved around my previous work and how I handled specific situations (how did you handle a situation when your team members did not agree on an issue?). The interviewers were incredibly nice and made me feel immediately at ease. The case interview started a little tense (I was nervous), and they asked me about implementing a new system at a government agency. I wasn't quite expecting this, as I do not have a technical background at all, so make sure you know the SDLC basics. It was a relatively short case, and I relaxed as the interviewer answered my questions.
    It really seemed like the priority was how well you present yourself and how enthusiastic you are about the position and the company. Remember to relax!

Interview Questions
    • Case: Talk me through a system implementation at a federal agency.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

3 interviews- 1 behavioral, 2 case. The first case interview was half an hour and with 1 manager. the second round was with 1 partner and a senior manager and lasted an hour.