Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

3.2

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2015.

Interview

First: resume selection. They prefer interns with about three months free time to follow a complete project. Also, previous experience in consulting will be a plus. Second: face to face interview and brief case study. Your research skills, logical thinking and communication skills are important.

Interview Questions

• Brief introduction. Reason why I want to be an consultant. Previous internship experience. What are the skills and characteristics that I have to make me a successful consultant.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

One phone interview (45 minutes) personality and technical skills assessment with an initial screener - this is the basic show minimal reqs are met and move on.

One day in-person interview with three people, a manager, senior manager, partner. This was more intense, but certainly not difficult or scary. Three people doing a lot of interviews in one day, just trying to find talented type-A individuals.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview - basic personality and review of resume questions

In-person interview - personality and case study questions

1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of 5 round (.NET)

1st technical round was easy . 2nd technical was more detailed. Scenario based questions. 3rd managerial round. 4th Versant test i.e basic english test over telephone. 5th HR/salary negotiation

There were around 125 peoples for interview.
    My interview was scheduled at 11:00 AM, Mumbai- Powai, but it started at 3:30 PM
    The face to face interview consisted of 75 mins.

Interview Questions

• 1) Architecture of project
      2) obj = null or obj.dispose is efficient....Why? Explain
      TRY
         //return to some point
      catch

finally

}

will finally get execute first or will it return before finally.

4) AJAX update panel extender... Questions on Trigger and mode = conditional

5) Write code based on scenarios and explain

6) How does Garbage collector free memory? Explain?

7) If you want to select only few records from database, then you will prefer function or stored procedure....why?

8) write code to change value from view state at particular life cycle ? then you will be asked how will you changed it for this particular page cycle.

Finally it was waste of time. Deloitte is not worth for giving such interviews. If you have interview schedule for any other company prefer that.

Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

telephone interview, it was said to be 30 min, but in fact I only had around 12 min! I was a bit worried at the beginning and thought I did a bad job, but around a month later, I received an email for the next interview. I dont know why they are so inefficient. it was not a very professional experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by one face-face interview. The initial phone interview is basically for HR to ensure you can speak proper English and present yourself articulately over the phone. The face-face interview was a lot less intense than I expected.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were the typical 'walk through your resume', tell us what your biggest accomplishment is, and the typical behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

It was very clear cut 3 step process - 3 interviews that lasted half hour each. The greeter was super friendly; he told me to sit in the waiting area. You are interviewed with behavioral and technical questions. The technical questions were not that easy - you have to know the SDLC cycle - esp. if you don't have the technical background. Study the methods in which you would approach a solution given a problem of having too much data and switching from over from old to a new system.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work for us versus other tech companies?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Mumbai (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview Process was good overall. Please find below mentioned list of rounds.
    1. Total 5 Rounds
    2. First 2 Technical Rounds
    3. Third Round is Business Leadership
    4. Fourth Round is Versant English Test.
    5. Fifth and final Round is HR round.

Four Rounds happened on the same day and HR Round took place after 2 days. Overall it was smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• In technical Questions were mostly from Java Collections, Threading, String, Exception Handling and OOPS concepts.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

If you have got interview call letter for Delloite In bangalore.Please its better to try for other companies.Because they are simply taking interview for namesake.
    I had interview scheduled on Jun-06 on Delloite office bangalore.
    Interview got over within 5 mins .Tell me about yourself and what is polymorphism. Interview got over.This thing happened with most of the candidates whi attend that interview.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2015.

Interview

Referred by Deloitte employee.
    Got call from HR within 1week after referral.
    First round was telephonic technical java and sql.
    2nd round was f2f @deloitte office with manager.
    3rd was versant test
    4th round was video conference with senior project manager
    5th aptitude and English MCQ
    6th listening and reading online test .

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself ?
      About current project ?
      About transformation project ?
      About implementation ?
      About SIngle sign on?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Still pending and waiting for HR call

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Mumbai (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very smooth and streamlined. Candidates feel comfortable during the whole process. They are being attended properly by the Deloitte staff. And are properly communicated for the next level of process.

Interview Questions

• Focus is more on conceptual questions   1 Answer