Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

The first interview was on the phone with Human Resources. Then the second an on campus interview and dinner. Then we had a dinner in the Parsippany office. This was followed by two one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 rounds. The first round was a technical interview taken by two associates which lasted for like 40-45 minutes. The second was another technical round taken by an associate and that lasted for almost 30 minutes. The english round aka the versant round followed. The fourth round was manager round which was more of a discussion round followed by the HR round which involved salary negotiation and all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no scope for negotiation. They offered more than I expected.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bangalore (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Had total 4 rounds, 2 technical rounds and after that one english test and then a meeting with CIO of the product line. Questions asked in the last round are why should I recruit you? Which is important to you from Money, Brand, Work?

Interview Questions

• Find the 4th highest salary employee number from the list? Challenges faced in your projects? Explain about any 2 your projects mentioned in the CV?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

The process started with an online application. I was interviewed first by HR out of NYC then went into the office for local interviews. The everyone in the process was fantastic although the process took a lengthy amount of time from start to finish. They were also very respectful to allow me to have ample time at my prior job to close out my affairs. Overall, I speak very highly of the process and believe that it does a great job of informing the interviewee of the status of your job application; although the process takes more time then is necessary.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2015.

Interview

Applied in the AERS area in the Risk Analytics field. The interview went smoothly. One thing that is very different from the regular consultant area is that they do not give a case interview. 1-Behavioral, 1- Technical and 1- Fit interview with leadership. The recruiting team was difficult to work with, and the offer that was extended was way less than competitors.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a cut throat environment and how will you handle a cut throat environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Awful. Very unwilling to budge. Almost insulting.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2013.

Interview

Whole process is completed within two weeks. five interviewers with five rounds each. From market sizing questions to finding growth driver of an industry. The final round was quite tough since the partner asked ethic questions based on the classic of humanities. Studies on Deloitte's current practice would be helpful, such as what kind of industry they are serving. Take the clues from current employees.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bhubaneswar (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Nothing much. Basic HR questions were asked. Applied through college. Prepare well for case study rounds. From my group, people were selected over others who spoke sense. It's not clear what the moderator has in mind whilst selecting the candidates. Just speak your mind out, even if it means repetition of points. In the interview process some people were asked technical questions while some weren't, at all.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Deloitte contacted me; I did not apply to any positions online. I was recruited for the strategy & operations consultant track within the federal practice. We had a phone conversation about the culture and expectations before an in-person 90min session. Typical interview questions as well as an incredibly fun case interview scenario.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, then 45 min phone screen with a manager, then an in office interview with 3 senior leaders which included a case study, behavioral and technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a smooth process. First the recruiter called. Had a 15 min conversation with her. Then a 30 min technical round with a Senior Consultant. Then 3 different interviews for 30 min each with a Senior Consultant, Manager and finally Director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation that you handled efficiently.   1 Answer