Deloitte

Updated Oct 17, 2014

3.2

230 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

They do not even have a mobile optimized apply process so the candidate experience is frustrating from the start. For a global consulting firm this is concerning especially if they are looking to hire both fresh new talent or seasoned talent like myself who knows the gaps in this process cause loss of interest of top Talent. Desperate vs Determined.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2014.

I had a current employee give my resume to a recruiter. After waiting 2 months I received an email scheduling a phone interview. The recruiter failed to contact me during our set meeting time. I sent to emails to touch base, without a reply. About a week later I heard back from the recruiter and scheduled a new time. The initial interview went well. They asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there. I was assured I would then hear back by the end of the week about a follow-up in person interview. I did not hear until the end of the following week ( after I emailed them). By then the position had been filled.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

It was the position for SAP HCM Functional Consultant.
    The entire process was very smooth with constant follow up from HR. The entire Recruitment cycle took 3-months. First Technical Telephonic -Second one Director+Manager+HR all in one panel.

More focus on Business process oriented

Interview Questions
    • Reimbursement Process design - HRA Working method-Car perk calculation-HR-FI Integration aspects-Talent Management solutions   Answer Question
    Got lesser compared to what I asked, But accepted because of Brand Value and Good Learning Organization

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

There were three rounds. First was Aptitude, which had three sections: Verbal, Logical and Quants. The test was easy and only requires a little practice. Almost 2000 students appeared and 450 students were selected for the second round. The second round was a Case study round. It is basically a type of a GD with around 10 students in each batch.They will give you a situation and and then you have to present a solution to it. In our case we had to propose a business process. We were given a situation where a Telecom company recently opened a new broadband technology and outsourced its Customer Relations Management system to Deloitte. We were asked to present the business process it considering ourselves as employees of Deloitte. Don not forget to either initiate or summarize. It has extra points. They will test your team skills and common sense. Communication skills are also tested but don't get demotivated if you do not have these. They give little emphasis on it. All they need are confident people willing to work for the company. That's it! Once you clear the second round consider yourself 80% in. They shortlisted 127 people for final round which was HR. I got out in second round. But as far as i know, HR is pretty simple. They ask prototype questions like tell me about yourself, why Deloitte and basic questions from your resume. Just portray as if you are dying for the company and you are almost in. Around 60 students got selected for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss the business process for customer relations management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Networking is pivotal in order to get a interview. They receive a high volume of applications every hiring cycle. These events are campus info sessions.To leave a strong impression have two-three questions prepared and one story showcases a unique skill set you have. remember life is one big story and if you cant share one why would they want you to represent them

Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Deloitte.

I tool two interviews and a case study test. The case study was held before the final interview. I had an hour to think about the test independently and an hour to explain how and why I think so.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a politician, which would you use to say your opinion, your blog or HP? Why?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte.

There are 3 rounds in total.
    1st the aptitude test, easy to clear.
    For those who clear it, batches of 8 are made.
    Next is the case study round,in which each batch is given a case study.
    This is basically the GD and Presentation round.

Interview Questions
    • Case study was related to a company's report automation system.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

The hiring process is a 3 part process. You get a call from a recruiter who tells you about the company and find out what your background and interests are. Next is the technical screening via phone where an employer from the company within the same area that you're looking to get hired into asks you a few specific technical questions related to your experience and knowledge of that particular area. You must make a great impression in order to move on to the next step. Do research and make sure you know your experience. The last step is the face-to-face interview where you may meet with 3 different Deloitte professions of various levels. This will consist of a business case study, technical interview and an overview of the company. They just want to see 3 things: 1) Can they put you in front of a client? 2) How well do you know about the area that you may get hired into? and 3) What would you do or have you done during certain situations/scenarios?. They are really picky, but just relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that I was asked was what could I do for the company. It's a pretty loaded question. But make sure you focus on client satisfaction.   Answer Question
    I negotiated and got a signing bonus.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

3 interviews: One with a manager, followed by RH, and then with an Associate. The interview with the manager comprises of a case study and other hr type questions. There is an online test for English language skills during the HR interview phase. The interview with the associate depends entirely on his mood. Normally, a conversation.

NA

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

I was put through a total of 3 interviews, 1) behavioral; 2) short case (30-40 minutes); 3) long case (1 hour).

The interview started the minute I came off the elevator with greeters asking me about myself and discussing their experiences. They mentioned that they would provide input into the hiring process in terms of my ability to create conversation and interact with others. They greeters escorted me to a room where I waited as others were finishing up their round one interviews. I was then escorted to meet a manager who performed the behavioral interview.

Round 1 Interview:

Behavioral Interview - Lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of the manager asking me questions about my resume and experience. It was a simple discussion to learn more about my background and gauge how well I would fit within the firm based on experience and personality.

After time was up, I was escorted immediately to another room, where I was to perform a short case with another manager.

Case Study - The case was not too complex and revolved around a federal client looking to improve their tracking of IT equipment. I was able to apply the framework of People, Process, and Technology to the case and provided my response.

I received a call 3 hours after the initial two interviews and was asked to return the next day for what would be the final interview.

Round 2 Interview:

Case Study (1 hour) - I showed up to the same location as the day before and was escorted to a room where I met with a Deloitte partner. The partner was very nice and went over the premise of the case with me and asked me to solve it. I again broke it into a framework and walked them through my thought process. The partner did challenge some of my responses and asked for clarification. I was able to provide my rationale for each of his questions and he seemed satisfied. i am not sure if he was trying to make me nervous or was generally interested in how I came up with my solution?

I receive an email and a call the next day from the recruiter stating that I would be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Please breakdown the national budget for me and explain where most of the U.S. tax dollars go. You can use dollars, percentages or fractions for the breakdown.   Answer Question
    I interviewed as part of their campus recruiting effort. Non of the students who I interviewed with were able to negotiate. I attempted but was shot down by the recruiter. We were all offered the same amount, base plus signing bonus.