Deloitte

Average Difficulty
213 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty Quick

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school website and campus networking events, was notified and scheduled for interview a couple of weeks later by email. Typical behavioral questions about hypothetical situations and past experiences.

Interview Question – One case question about whether a hospital network should become more centralized.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Two interviews:
behavioral - tell abt urself, walk thru resume, etc
case interview - erp related

Interview Question – unexpected - which other erp vendors will you consider. even though i had mentioned in the beginning, i have never worked on erp, i guess interviewer was quite tired, was yawning, and did not pay attention to what i say   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – What the interview process looks like? How many steps?
• I am fairly certain that it is similar across the board, not sure if you Canadians do things differently though ;). Phone screen is completed, behavioral based questions, tell me about yourself, etc.
• If campus interviews are completed, I’m sure it will be 2 interviewers (they may tag team) asking behavioral and technical questions as well as a case study
• The in-office interview process consists of a behavioral interview and an intense case study interview. I’m sure you will nail the case from your extensive case comp. experience; however, I HIGHLY recommend you buy/rent this book and read it and do the case practice-- “Case in Point” by Cosentino
• After the in-office interview they may have other steps (additional interviewers—be prepared for 3-4 case interviews, etc) or may extend an offer on the spot or via telephone

Who interviewed you?
• My phone screen was by a recruiter
• My on campus was a 2 part interview, one was a manager and the other the Senior Manager of my practice
• My on-site (in-office) was two Senior Managers and a Partner
• I was extended an offer two weeks later via telephone

Interview Question – Tell me what your worst enemy would say about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Interview Details – After being screened by HR via telephone interview, I was interviewed separately by 3 hiring managers at their office, each focused on learning a bit more about me and how I might help out on both a specific project (for which I was being considered) and how I might fit into Deloitte in the long term.

Each interview was different -- one clearly hostile, one very positive about me and one neutral. There really were no business cases presented, more behavioral type questions from all three. And given that they were 30-ish minute sequential interviews, they asked much the same questions.

I was not offered the position (I suspect it was either because of the one manager -- see below -- or because of the client, whom I knew, which would have been too advantageous to Deloitte).

Interview Question – One hiring manager kept asking the question, "What is in it for ME to hire you?" He was hostile and became increasingly so as I attempted to answer his question.

I responded initially in terms of what I brought to the project, then what I could bring to Deloitte. When asked again, I inquired as to how he earned the proverbial "gold star" and then offered how I could help him achieve his goals.

He laughed and said he had a whole lot of people who already do that...and he asked again. I offered some other things...to which he laughed again and said I was dense. He then made it clear that he was soliciting some form of a bribe (money or sex) when he made it clear that he wanted to either "personally profit" or "feel good" because he hired me.

I made it clear that I would never do that (the thought occurred to me that this was an integrity test), at which point he said the interview was over and passed me to the next hiring manager.

Whether it was some sort of test or he was indicative of the quality of manager at Deloitte, I am on the whole glad I was passed over. Though I know I could have made a very positive contribution to the consulting project.
  Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral and case interviews.

Interview Question – Case interview can be tricky.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 2 round interview process where i had to interview with each person for 30min and with 4 different interviewers it is easy to clear the first round but for the second round Partner of the companies would come and interview where they would ask a lot of questions related to your back ground and a lot of critical questions I had more of a client related questions.

Interview Question – If I were walking with you and had to introduce you to a group of 10 colleagues. What one word would you fill this sentence with and why? "Hello all, this is Navin, and he is a ________ person."   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Practice your case studies, that's huge

Interview Question – What has been your biggest failure?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details – Campus Recruiting - 2 rounds: Behavioral Interviews and Case Interviews

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2013.

Interview Details – (Contacted me within days of applying online and employee referral)

Round 1 HR (phone)
1) Can you walk me through your resume?
2)Why do you want to leave your current position and join Deloitte?
3) No Relocation or Travel Expenses. Is that a deal breaker?
4) Current Salary?
5)Is relocating ok?
6) What is your strongest technical skill?

Round 2 Technical : (phone) Manager
1)Tell me about your current role.
2) How did you gather requirements?
3)What types of testing have you done?
4) What is the difference between Integration and System testing ?
5)Any questions for me? ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS (esp about the interviewers experience with the organization)

Round 3 (in person)

1) Cultural Fit
Talked about my university, it's location etc. very casual small talk.

2) Technical Round
Talked about some of the details methodologies and tools behind what I claimed to have done on my resume. For example: So how did you collect requirements? What tools did you use? Did you do this? How did you brainstorm? What did you use to document it? It will be centered around what's on your resume. Interviewer was tying a lot of what I was saying with his own experiences.

3) Case Interview
Mine was on Testing concepts and methodologies. Company implemented this new software. How should they test? What factors should they consider? They want to ad a new functionality. What needs to be done? (i.e- requirements need to be revisited etc, effort and estimation needs to be revisited. Scope needs to be reviewed and determine whether this is appropriate etc.

Interview Question – There was none. If there was ever something I wasn't too familiar with. I would say so and talk about what I think is most similar to that in my experience. Interviewers are really friendly and aren't trying to grill you if you don't know something. They take an informer role if you don't know something.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got an offer from an organization whose industry interested me more.