Deloitte

3.2

224 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

The hiring and interview process I experienced followed the traditional framework. A recruiter contacted me, went through salary negotiations, brought in and interviewed with two managers, heard back from the HR rep via email of an offer. Accepted it.

Interview Questions
  • Don't remember the exact question but one of the hiring managers asked me to present on the Systems Development Lifecycle and provide details on each phase of the model. This was difficult because I only knew this in theory via my classes, and had no real work experience with it. After the presentation he asked follow-up questions which I had to answer.   Answer Question
My recruiter was the one who handled this, he asked what my salary expectations were and after discussing with the partners brought back a number. I'd advise all applicants to be confident and ask for what you want because once it's set, the increases annually are marginal.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Good, structured, interview process

Did not negotiate much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

One half day of interviews. Three 30 minute/45 minute one-on-one interviews held back to back. No lunch.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation of offer terms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Very fast setting up interview. 1st round phone interview with manager, and was invited for on-site within three days. I interviewed with four people, two managers, one director and one partner. The first three people are really nice and make u feel very comfortable. But I have to say the interview with partner was like a nightmare. He kept throw tech questions to me and i really felt i did most of them wrong. Then he become very rude even cut my last answer and said he has to made a phone call and sounds like he wants me to leave.

I was so depressed cuz i did pretty well in the first three interviews. I have to admit deloitte people are smart and hard-working. But seriously, you dont need to treat a potential employee like that.

Anyway, dont have too much hope for the offer, but still wish some magic happens.---------> magic happens, I got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2014.

Pretty Quick

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Applied through school website and campus networking events, was notified and scheduled for interview a couple of weeks later by email. Typical behavioral questions about hypothetical situations and past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • One case question about whether a hospital network should become more centralized.   Answer Question

Two interviews:
    behavioral - tell abt urself, walk thru resume, etc
    case interview - erp related

Interview Questions
    • unexpected - which other erp vendors will you consider. even though i had mentioned in the beginning, i have never worked on erp, i guess interviewer was quite tired, was yawning, and did not pay attention to what i say   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

What the interview process looks like? How many steps?
    • I am fairly certain that it is similar across the board, not sure if you Canadians do things differently though ;). Phone screen is completed, behavioral based questions, tell me about yourself, etc.
    • If campus interviews are completed, I’m sure it will be 2 interviewers (they may tag team) asking behavioral and technical questions as well as a case study
    • The in-office interview process consists of a behavioral interview and an intense case study interview. I’m sure you will nail the case from your extensive case comp. experience; however, I HIGHLY recommend you buy/rent this book and read it and do the case practice-- “Case in Point” by Cosentino
    • After the in-office interview they may have other steps (additional interviewers—be prepared for 3-4 case interviews, etc) or may extend an offer on the spot or via telephone

Who interviewed you?
    • My phone screen was by a recruiter
    • My on campus was a 2 part interview, one was a manager and the other the Senior Manager of my practice
    • My on-site (in-office) was two Senior Managers and a Partner
    • I was extended an offer two weeks later via telephone

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

After being screened by HR via telephone interview, I was interviewed separately by 3 hiring managers at their office, each focused on learning a bit more about me and how I might help out on both a specific project (for which I was being considered) and how I might fit into Deloitte in the long term.

Each interview was different -- one clearly hostile, one very positive about me and one neutral. There really were no business cases presented, more behavioral type questions from all three. And given that they were 30-ish minute sequential interviews, they asked much the same questions.

I was not offered the position (I suspect it was either because of the one manager -- see below -- or because of the client, whom I knew, which would have been too advantageous to Deloitte).

Interview Questions
    • One hiring manager kept asking the question, "What is in it for ME to hire you?" He was hostile and became increasingly so as I attempted to answer his question.

I responded initially in terms of what I brought to the project, then what I could bring to Deloitte. When asked again, I inquired as to how he earned the proverbial "gold star" and then offered how I could help him achieve his goals.

He laughed and said he had a whole lot of people who already do that...and he asked again. I offered some other things...to which he laughed again and said I was dense. He then made it clear that he was soliciting some form of a bribe (money or sex) when he made it clear that he wanted to either "personally profit" or "feel good" because he hired me.

I made it clear that I would never do that (the thought occurred to me that this was an integrity test), at which point he said the interview was over and passed me to the next hiring manager.

Whether it was some sort of test or he was indicative of the quality of manager at Deloitte, I am on the whole glad I was passed over. Though I know I could have made a very positive contribution to the consulting project.
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Behavioral and case interviews.