Deloitte

Average Difficulty
207 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Know what's on your resume and you are fine. The case study matches your experience. Be interactive with interviewer, think out loud, take notes, ask questions about interviewer's career experience with company, etc.

Interview Question – All questions were relevant to experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Expectations were set prior to interview. Deloitte met expectations.

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Interview Details – All the interviews were planned for one day, but there were several sessions to meet and interact with their people in the previous weeks. Two rounds of interviews, one behavioral and one case. Then, a third round that I did not make it to. The case was simpler than those in the book Case in Point. The GMAT seems to be very important for their decision making process.

Interview Question – There is a target of profits of X, and we are currently in X-Y, how can we close that gap given this set of conditions...   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – First round interview

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed as a referral - started with 2 phone call screenings. Then brought into the office for a series of interviews - 3 behavioral and 1 case interview.

Interview Question – Case interview was difficult so prepare accordingly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Very Difficult Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – 2 rounds
1st round - Behavioral and case
2nd round - Behavioral, individual case and group case

Interview Question – Tell me an ambiguous situation you have faced in work life?   Answer Question

Lexington Park, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2009.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend. Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview, followed by in-person. 5 people, simultaneous, led by incumbent manager. Covered work-life balance, team fit, technical grasp, and ability to work with client. After that, phone contact with Senior Manager, and offer/negotiation.

Interview Question – Since I had personal knowledge of the work, most of the questions were not surprising.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was over the phone due to my geographic circumstances, and was driven by local market.

New York, NY

I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

Interview Details – First phone interview with recruiter, typical resume review. Second phone interview with a Partner, typical resume review and discussion of the practice. Third interview was live in the offices with four interviewers at different levels in the organization. The second and third interviews allowed me to understand the organization better and the type of people in the consulting practice, which ultimately made my decision a lot easier.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was competitive from the start. I negotiated slightly hire and they accepted. They did not offer relocation, but gave a signing bonus.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – First round interview was held on each campus, then selected candidates were invited to the "office visit", where would generally interview with 3 persons, two managers and one partner. Final results will be notified right after that.

Interview Question – No wired questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, all the benefit package were well per-defined.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was an internal transfer, so it was an extremely easy process given that my current and previous bosses are extremely close, and my senior managers could all vouch for me.

Interview Question – What did I not learn in my previous position that I can learn in this current position, despite the two being seemingly the same?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not really negotiate...

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – - Emailed by recruiter to setup time for initial conversation
- Initial conversation with recruiter about experiences, salaries, Deloitte, etc.
- Phone interview 2 days later with Manager based on specifics & technical questions from the resume
- Was informed the outcome the same day
- Since I already interviewed and didn't make it within the last 6 months, I was not invited to onsite interviews

Interview Question – New features in R12?   Answer Question