Deloitte

Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.2

240 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

A friend referred me to a senior consultant, and after talking to him briefly and some other life events i decided not to pursue a career in consulting at Deloitte.

Interview Questions
  • It was a pretty easy going conversation with no difficult questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Two interviews were conducted. The first one with HR went off very well. The second on was with a Manager in the Org. Transformation practice. I was very un impressed by her. She was not prepared for the interview and had little if any interviewing skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Know what's on your resume and you are fine. The case study matches your experience. Be interactive with interviewer, think out loud, take notes, ask questions about interviewer's career experience with company, etc.

Interview Questions
    Expectations were set prior to interview. Deloitte met expectations.

First round interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

2 rounds
    1st round - Behavioral and case
    2nd round - Behavioral, individual case and group case

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an ambiguous situation you have faced in work life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

First phone interview with recruiter, typical resume review. Second phone interview with a Partner, typical resume review and discussion of the practice. Third interview was live in the offices with four interviewers at different levels in the organization. The second and third interviews allowed me to understand the organization better and the type of people in the consulting practice, which ultimately made my decision a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was competitive from the start. I negotiated slightly hire and they accepted. They did not offer relocation, but gave a signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

- Emailed by recruiter to setup time for initial conversation
    - Initial conversation with recruiter about experiences, salaries, Deloitte, etc.
    - Phone interview 2 days later with Manager based on specifics & technical questions from the resume
    - Was informed the outcome the same day
    - Since I already interviewed and didn't make it within the last 6 months, I was not invited to onsite interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

I applied online, contacted by deloitte hr person, i had 2 phone interviews, and 3 web conference interview which consisted of case study, personality, and technical. The technical question was asked very specific, i know technical stuff but i am not good at memorizing what they stand for and all and was asked the same specific type of questions. at the end i was told the team is looking for more technical people, when i first spoke to hr on the phone and the technical interviewer who interviewed me through phone at first i had told them what i know and was told by him i am a good fit for the company...a bit annoying because they wasted my time when they wanted more technical ppl and it was already clear since the very first time what i knew. HR took a long time to respond, over all they were all nice

Interview Questions
    • Business case was seeing if you know SDLC phases properly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Phone interview is generally 20 minutes and pretty much involves the recruiter getting to know you. Once you go over basic details of your resume they will set up a call with one of the practitioners.

My second interview was with a Specialist Master in the Systems Integration practice. He probed me a bit on my resume just to see if I could speak to what I wrote. He also asked general questions to understand my technical acumen. They look for a couple of things in this conversation: whether to place you in the functional or technical bucket, and if you're good within that bucket. Not a hard interview at all

The 3rd interview consist of 3 interviews consisting of behavioral, case, and "general". My first was the case interview. They asked me how I would approach a new small-scale IT modernization project where we're just updating the legacy system. It was pretty straightforward and I just dropped some SDLC on them. Behavioral is just a typical behavioral interview...just be yourself. The "general" interview is just a chat with Principal, Partner, or Director about your work style and how you feel about certain things like work/life balance

I gave them a number...they pushed back a little but it was pretty much take it or leave it to me. Plus I had Booz Allen in the backpocket and they were already taking a lot of their employees.

It's usually good to have a Big 4 or Booz in the mix

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

All the interviews were planned for one day, but there were several sessions to meet and interact with their people in the previous weeks. Two rounds of interviews, one behavioral and one case. Then, a third round that I did not make it to. The case was simpler than those in the book Case in Point. The GMAT seems to be very important for their decision making process.

Interview Questions
    • There is a target of profits of X, and we are currently in X-Y, how can we close that gap given this set of conditions...   Answer Question