Deloitte

Average Difficulty
203 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2010.

Interview Details – I conducted 2 interviews with Deloitte. The first consisted of a one-on-one interview in which we discussed my skills and experience, primarily those on my resume. We discussed some of the types of contracts the company generally work on. The next interview consisted of a group case study, an individual case study, and 2 one-on-one interviews about my experience, motivation and personality.

Interview Question – The group case interview was difficult as ran out of time before we had to present our recommendations.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Consulting
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was a positive interview experience. I was disappointed that I didn't receive an offer. The HR person was nice and guided me through the process. I had an in person interview with 4 people. The interview room was small. At the end I was not told why I wouldn't be getting an offer.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Interview Details – Really relaxed. Few cases but more focused upon behavioral questions which were very straightforward.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Deloitte?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elswhere.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2010.

Interview Details – experienced hire. recruiter called about my background experience. follow up would be with the HR coordinator for face to face and case interview. 3 interviews from Partner to Sr. Mgr. Case Interview was challenging but informative. I've called for follow up but haven't heard from HR.

Interview Question – Case Interview   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2009.

Interview Details – Mainly behavioral questions
Met with peer, superiors and partners/directors
Example of questions:
- What are your greatest strengths?
- Tell me about your school?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Quick and direct to the point

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2008.

Interview Details – It began with a phone interview conducted by a recruiter - this was just general stuff and easy questions. Then, after a few weeks, I was contacted for an interview with the manager. This was a behavioral interview with questions like "tell me about a time you didn't meet expectations". Immediately following that, I had a third interview with the senior manager which was split between straightforward questions and behavioral ones. There was a pretty grueling background check which required detailed information about my employers for the past 10 years and let me tell you, they verified every single thing!! They grilled my references pretty hard, too.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you let down your customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate - they offered me 30% more pay and more than twice the vacation time of my previous employer.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Interview Details – The people were really friendly but I felt like they strung me a long. They said that they want business majors of all backgrounds for the IT consultant position, but in the case interview they asked me technical IT questions that they said wouldn't be required.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had a current employee refer me for a position in Health Care S&O. After about 3 weeks from the initial referral I was contacted by an HR representative for general screening questions.

HR rep scheduled a phone call for the two of us and asked questions broadly based on background (past work experience, why you want to be a consultant, choice of universities etc.). It seemed more of a screen to make sure you can communicate well and hold a conversation - they saw the resume so know you are qualified. After our talk the HR rep said they woudl be setting up a call with a Senior Manager. This took about 3 days to get set up.

The Senior Manager call lasted about 45 minutes and was much more specific on experience and ability to speak the indistry to which you are interested in. The Senior Manager was definitely open to all questions asked and was enthusiastic about the company. At the end of the call the SM said he/she would definitely be giving me a favorable review and will recommend I go in for a face-to-face day.

The Face-to-Face day was set up 2 weeks after the call and was in Boston (even though the position was in NYC - they alternate interview sites weekly). Delotite was very accomodating provided air, airport trasnfer, and 1 night stay in a hotel. The schedule was for 3 in-person interviews with 2 partners and a Principal. One of these sessions was scheduled to be a Case Review. Each interview is scheduled for 1 hour and they work hard to keep to that time limit. The only hiccup the entire day had was my first interviewer did not show up due to a last-minute client engagement (though this was made up the week after in NYC). You have to expect and be flexible to things like that. Then there was the case review.

The case was straightforward and no tricks were had. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a case interview review book to have some sort of system going in. The partner giving me the case was very helpful with all questions I aksed, and even threw ideas back and forth to me in hopes to get a conversation going - it was a pretty pleasurable experience. This seemed to be very important in their evaluation of me so I would work hard to nail this!

The entire process was methodical, professional and very easy to navigate with the help of your HR Rep. The background check takes forever, but as long as you have nothing to hide, then all will be OKay to give a notice to your current employer.

Interview Question – Why Deloitte?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took about 3 days after the face-to-face to get an offer and came verbally from the HR Rep. This made negotiating a little easier, as you werent speaking directly to a parther or anything. The were slightly open to negotiation; however, the offer was more than fair based on market value so I didnt need much room for negotiation.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter that he found my resume online, a week later I had a phone screening, a week later I had an interview at their office which consisted of a presentation, followed by a group panel interview. After I left the office around 7:00 P.M, I received a call the next day at 10:00 A.M and notified of Deloitte's interest in extending an offer to me. I Informed the recruiter that I felt the offer came in low. The following week I contacted the recruiter and informed him of interest, and gave him my counter negotiation for a higher job title and pay commensurate with my experience. A few days passed and the recruiter informed me of Deloitte throwing in a signing bonus but I did not get the minimum I requested.

Interview Question – What do you dislike about consulting.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer was more than I was making, but I felt that it was low based on the market rate for my position. The offer was also for a position lower than my current title.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2008.

Interview Details – One phone interview. Three personal interviews. One with a manager level person. Two with local partners.

Interview Questions

• What value do you bring to the company?   View Answer
  • Would you take the offer if we extend it to you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay was close to that I had at the time in my company at the time. Therefore, I decided to stay and not lose my network.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte