Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

2 rounds
1st round - Behavioral and case
2nd round - Behavioral, individual case and group case

Interview Questions
  • Tell me an ambiguous situation you have faced in work life?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

First phone interview with recruiter, typical resume review. Second phone interview with a Partner, typical resume review and discussion of the practice. Third interview was live in the offices with four interviewers at different levels in the organization. The second and third interviews allowed me to understand the organization better and the type of people in the consulting practice, which ultimately made my decision a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was competitive from the start. I negotiated slightly hire and they accepted. They did not offer relocation, but gave a signing bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

- Emailed by recruiter to setup time for initial conversation
    - Initial conversation with recruiter about experiences, salaries, Deloitte, etc.
    - Phone interview 2 days later with Manager based on specifics & technical questions from the resume
    - Was informed the outcome the same day
    - Since I already interviewed and didn't make it within the last 6 months, I was not invited to onsite interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

I applied online, contacted by deloitte hr person, i had 2 phone interviews, and 3 web conference interview which consisted of case study, personality, and technical. The technical question was asked very specific, i know technical stuff but i am not good at memorizing what they stand for and all and was asked the same specific type of questions. at the end i was told the team is looking for more technical people, when i first spoke to hr on the phone and the technical interviewer who interviewed me through phone at first i had told them what i know and was told by him i am a good fit for the company...a bit annoying because they wasted my time when they wanted more technical ppl and it was already clear since the very first time what i knew. HR took a long time to respond, over all they were all nice

Interview Questions
    • Business case was seeing if you know SDLC phases properly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Phone interview is generally 20 minutes and pretty much involves the recruiter getting to know you. Once you go over basic details of your resume they will set up a call with one of the practitioners.

My second interview was with a Specialist Master in the Systems Integration practice. He probed me a bit on my resume just to see if I could speak to what I wrote. He also asked general questions to understand my technical acumen. They look for a couple of things in this conversation: whether to place you in the functional or technical bucket, and if you're good within that bucket. Not a hard interview at all

The 3rd interview consist of 3 interviews consisting of behavioral, case, and "general". My first was the case interview. They asked me how I would approach a new small-scale IT modernization project where we're just updating the legacy system. It was pretty straightforward and I just dropped some SDLC on them. Behavioral is just a typical behavioral interview...just be yourself. The "general" interview is just a chat with Principal, Partner, or Director about your work style and how you feel about certain things like work/life balance

I gave them a number...they pushed back a little but it was pretty much take it or leave it to me. Plus I had Booz Allen in the backpocket and they were already taking a lot of their employees.

It's usually good to have a Big 4 or Booz in the mix

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

All the interviews were planned for one day, but there were several sessions to meet and interact with their people in the previous weeks. Two rounds of interviews, one behavioral and one case. Then, a third round that I did not make it to. The case was simpler than those in the book Case in Point. The GMAT seems to be very important for their decision making process.

Interview Questions
    • There is a target of profits of X, and we are currently in X-Y, how can we close that gap given this set of conditions...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Very professional interview process. Was called for an initial phone screen following an employee referral. I was then moved on to the next round which consisted of one case interview and one behavioural interview. The case was short and pretty straightfoward, basically it's to check your math and logical ability. The behavioural interview was also pretty easy but very important in the grand scheme of things. Deloitte is really big on fit.

Second round interviews were the same format. Case was longer and the behavioural portion more direct. Again the fit is everything. Understand the firm and sell yourself accordingly

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate the financial compensation because my offer was definitely fair. I tried to get a higher title but that didn't quite work out

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Friend referred me for a position. Got a call from the recruiter for a 30 minute typical phone screen. Information on position and went through my resume. Invited for an on-site interview. 3 back to back interviews with different partners and managers. 2 were behavioral, and one case study related to a federal case.

Interview Questions
    I was not allowed to negotiate my salary (disappointed)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

I received an employee referral after expressing interest in the position to the individual, and received a call from the recruiter a couple of weeks later. This covered the basics: where I'm at in my career, what I would like to do in the future, and my level of interest, etc.

My onsite interviews were scheduled around two weeks later, and consisted of 4 back-to-back interviewers of various levels of seniority. The first interviewer first administered a case interview and then asked behavioral questions. The other interviewers asked primarily resume-based or behavioral questions, and it seemed that "fit" with the firm was a very big focus.

The fourth interviewer was the most senior and asked the most pointed questions; I was less sure of my performance in this interview but still felt good overall. All of the interviewers put me at ease and offered opportunities to ask questions; I took full advantage of this, and was able to determine that the position and firm were a good fit for me.

Shortly after the first round I received an email inviting me to a second round interview with an individual in a different area of the practice. This was conducted over the phone and consisted of resume-based and behavioral questions.

The following week I received a call from the recruiter to discuss a possible offer, and after roughly a week of negotiating on compensation and location I received a formal offer. Based on the interviews and outside sources I believe the firm is a good fit, and the salary offer was acceptable, especially with a good bonus included.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time in which you dealt with conflict on a team.   Answer Question
    • How would you evaluate a process for a process improvement project?   Answer Question
    I negotiated and while I did not get what I asked for, I got what I feel is an acceptable offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2012.

Telephone interview, in person interview with three people, negotiations on the telephone, offer letter

I rejected the initial offer. They came back with more money. They were not very flexible on start date.