Deloitte

Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.2

249 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Had an initial phone screen, phone interview and in person interview. In person interview was with 3 PPDs. From phone screen to in person interview took about 6 weeks. I had to wait for almost 2 months before I got the job offer.

Interview Questions
  • My business case question was related to my field of work. I was provided interview prep material which was very helpful   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

I was being interviewed as an experienced hire and was able to have 3interviews. 1 on the phone and 2 in person. The interviews mostly just talked about my experience and tried to gauge my personality. I was given an offer by the time I got home from the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

2 phone interviews went well, HR followed up to schedule a phone call with me which i thought would be an offer to continue interview process in person. took over 3 weeks (this should have been a sign) for her to schedule a phone call with me to communicate my rejection over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you were critiqued and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

I was an internal transfer, so it was an extremely easy process given that my current and previous bosses are extremely close, and my senior managers could all vouch for me.

Interview Questions
    • What did I not learn in my previous position that I can learn in this current position, despite the two being seemingly the same?   Answer Question
    I did not really negotiate...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2011.

Very straightforward. First phone interview with a recruiter, then an informal interview with two directors separately, then a typical consulting "case study" interview.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was discouraged. I tried and failed, because the recruiter told me this was the best I would get in this economy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2011.

The overall interview process was good. Many questions were about previous experience and were scenario based. I was interviewing for a position within the Healthcare Provider field. I would just say that you should be familiar with industry trends and terminology. On a side note the accommodations were great and they really wanted to make you feel comfortable the night before.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about previous experience.
      Ex: Name a time you were in a difficult situation, one time when you did something wrong, what is your biggest weakness, etc.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

Was interviewed through college/campus recruiting. Than was asked to go in for a 1:1 interview with 2 different people for exactly 30 mins each. It's ironic that their mission statement stresses comradery/family while the whole time I felt like cattle moving from one place to another at very itinerized times. The whole interview process was from 8:30am-1pm. 830am-9am breakfast, 9am-10am why you should work for deloitte, 10am-1130am interviews, 12-1pm lunch with recently hired 2<yrs deloitte employees from consultant to Sr. Consultant.

Interview Questions

I asked my recruiter to let me know by a certain day if they were going to hire me because I already had another job offer. They didn't get back to me in time so I stuck with the sure thing and accepted another job.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

I was hired to Deloitte by a referral, and the process was facilitated very well by the recruiting team. A portion of the process was streamlined through the use of online tools, which was impressive to me. After two phone interviews and an office interview, the offer came in a matter of days.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any questions that were either difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation occurred.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2011.

HR interview, then technical phone interview, and finally a day of onsite interview with 3 interviewers about 45 minutes each. The HR person stayed in touch throughout the process, and they provide some sample case studies prior to the onsite interview because you would need to work on a case study with one of the interviewers. The onsite interview was more like behavioral test than technical so it was very easy.

Interview Questions
    • Case study of a client acquiring 2 companies with different technology platforms and you'll need to provide suggestions/insights to the client.   Answer Question
    I could only negotiate the sign-on bonus. When I explained that the whole package wasn't enough, HR person had a bit of an attitude asking if all I only care about was money or if I care about career opportunity presented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2011.

Got an interview through the campus recruiting website at my university. Had a 1:1 interview which lasted for about a half hour. The questions were very cliched such as describe an instance in life where you felt you did not know your destination and describe a leadership instance etc. It went off well and there was a second round that consisted of a case study. No specific knowledge required here. They just want to test your ability to break down and analyze a problem. There is no wrong or right answer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance where you had to resolve friction amongst team members? How did you approach the problem and what was your solution?   Answer Question