Deloitte

Updated Jul 14, 2014

3.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Multiple rounds
A - 3X phone screens across HR/Recruiting of 30-60 minute interviews. These entailed work background review; functional areas of competence, methodologies employed and relative skill levels, types of deliverables, size/scope of teams managed. Pretty involved and detailed for recruiting.

B - 2X phone interviews of 60 minutes each with senior managers in my areas of consulting. Questions on work background, team management and leadership style, hypotheticals on how I would handle different scenarios - from delivery risk issue management, client/stakeholder management, to how I would undertake, scope, plan and lead specific types of work. Lots of analytical and behavioral analysis.

C - Final round, on premises (flew to NYC) interviews with 3 partners, including 1 business case. 60 minutes each. Lead partner within the practice I was interviewing for focused on my perceptions of the industry, opportunities for growth and how these aligned with what I do and don't want to do.

Interview Questions
  • Business case/case study question: Given a company that is in the prepared food business which receives raw product from growers into central processing sites then prepares them for sale by retailers and consumer use, how would you assess how to determine the root causes of their profitability issues. An accompany financial sheet was provided.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

This was for an experienced hire position.
    First was interview with HR recruiter
    Followed by Technical Phone Interview
    Then three in-person interviews:
    the first in person interview was with a senior manager - technical
    the second in-person interview was with another senior manager - general consulting background
    the third in-person interview was with a senior manager - case study
    then phone call with recruiter

Interview Questions
    • The partner said that "you don't seem to have any consulting experience ?", when all I had was consulting experience :-) of about 15 years   View Answer
    no negotiation, i accepted the offer as is without negotiation

Consultant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

The interview process began with a telephone interview with Talent Acquisition and was followed with a series of telephone interviews with a partner and a Sr. Manager. The interviews were fairly easy - however the interviewers were very focused on specifically the types of initiatives I had worked on in previous jobs and what my role as a Manager was. My ability to clearly articulate that with certainty I believe is what landed me an opportunity to go to the next round of interviews.

Finally, I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview with 2 Partners and a Sr. Manager (who read a case study and I had to respond to 3 questions - they were easy). Although I had to give an overview of my experience, I think the interviews were designed to really determine if I was a "fit" in the overall organization and specific practice/role of which I was interviewing for.

Overall the process lasted approx. 12 weeks due to it beginning just before the Thanksgiving Holiday and interviews occurring clear through the Christmas and New Years holidays.

Interview Questions
    • - If you could create a client engagement to work on, what would it look like?   View Answer
    Negotiation was very straight-forward (no BS - it was based on a simple formula derived from your most current previous employer salary).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Multiple interviews with Director and Staff

Work life balance and they wanted me to dissolve all financial holdings with loss to me personally

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

typical consulting interview with behavioral and case questions

Interview Questions
    they can move on base but they are vague about bonus comp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Initial screening call with HR, followed by phone interview with SM which was resume / experience based. In person interviews at the local office consisted of 3 rounds (1 P, 2 SMs), which were a mix of industry experience, skills testing, fit/personality and a case. Final phone interview with P to go over specific skills highlighted on resume and in previous conversations to demonstrate well roundedness, and depth of industry knowledge in order to add value to the practice.

Interview Questions
    Let the HR person do the talking. And know your bar - ideally you are able to set it by obtaining a comparable offer which you use to your advantage.

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

The process was very organized and the company offered many resources for the candidates to prepare. There was someone there to shepherd the way at each step. There were recruiters who handled arrangements and scheduling by phone and then there were people that served as hosts and interviewers while at the actual in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A business case was presented. This is known to all candidates, but it still is a little nerve wracking even for those who are prepared. I understand why it's done and it's a good tool. Just prepare, rehearse and rehearse again!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was more than pleased with the initial offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2009.

I applied to the position through the company's web site. Submitted my resume and a cover letter. Since this was a consultancy job I outlined all my previous consulting projects in detail. I got a phone call a week later and a lady from HR department asked few questions regarding my application and verified the information I submitted and made a schedule for personal interview at the office. The day of the interview I met 3 persons. One of them was a consulting partner, then a senior manager and a person from HR department. They said they'll call me. They called me in 3 days and made an offer. I accepted it

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are the best person for the job? Can you give me an example of working as part of a team. What was your contribution to the team and what was the outcome of this exercise?   View Answer
    They asked for my salary and other expectations during the interview. Upon receiving the offer I did not negotiate and accepted the offer. I would advice others to ask before hand for the health insurance, bonuses, other fringe benefits, etc.

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in July 2010.

1. Phone screen of general experience - conversational style
    2. Phone interview with behavioral based questions regarding past experience. Best to use S.T.A.R. method
    3. In-office 1:1 and panel interviews on same day (1/2 day process)
         Panel interviews with probable peers in specific group to be aligned - more behavioral based interviews
         1:1 with Sr. Management, Principal level - more conversational
    Office is professional, people are dressed well and well-educated. Many traveling employees, so not always the same population in the office.

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2008.

No comment on the process

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions around industry knowledge and business acument   Answer Question
    Not interested in providing this detail