Deloitte

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds
A - 3X phone screens across HR/Recruiting of 30-60 minute interviews. These entailed work background review; functional areas of competence, methodologies employed and relative skill levels, types of deliverables, size/scope of teams managed. Pretty involved and detailed for recruiting.

B - 2X phone interviews of 60 minutes each with senior managers in my areas of consulting. Questions on work background, team management and leadership style, hypotheticals on how I would handle different scenarios - from delivery risk issue management, client/stakeholder management, to how I would undertake, scope, plan and lead specific types of work. Lots of analytical and behavioral analysis.

C - Final round, on premises (flew to NYC) interviews with 3 partners, including 1 business case. 60 minutes each. Lead partner within the practice I was interviewing for focused on my perceptions of the industry, opportunities for growth and how these aligned with what I do and don't want to do.

Interview Question – Business case/case study question: Given a company that is in the prepared food business which receives raw product from growers into central processing sites then prepares them for sale by retailers and consumer use, how would you assess how to determine the root causes of their profitability issues. An accompany financial sheet was provided.   View Answer

Consulting Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very organized and the company offered many resources for the candidates to prepare. There was someone there to shepherd the way at each step. There were recruiters who handled arrangements and scheduling by phone and then there were people that served as hosts and interviewers while at the actual in person interview.

Interview Question – A business case was presented. This is known to all candidates, but it still is a little nerve wracking even for those who are prepared. I understand why it's done and it's a good tool. Just prepare, rehearse and rehearse again!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I was more than pleased with the initial offer

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – This was for an experienced hire position.
First was interview with HR recruiter
Followed by Technical Phone Interview
Then three in-person interviews:
the first in person interview was with a senior manager - technical
the second in-person interview was with another senior manager - general consulting background
the third in-person interview was with a senior manager - case study
then phone call with recruiter

Interview Question – The partner said that "you don't seem to have any consulting experience ?", when all I had was consulting experience :-) of about 15 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, i accepted the offer as is without negotiation

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with Director and Staff

Reason for Declining – Work life balance and they wanted me to dissolve all financial holdings with loss to me personally

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Interview Details – typical consulting interview with behavioral and case questions

Interview Question – questions were not very difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they can move on base but they are vague about bonus comp

Consultant Manager Interview

Consultant Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a telephone interview with Talent Acquisition and was followed with a series of telephone interviews with a partner and a Sr. Manager. The interviews were fairly easy - however the interviewers were very focused on specifically the types of initiatives I had worked on in previous jobs and what my role as a Manager was. My ability to clearly articulate that with certainty I believe is what landed me an opportunity to go to the next round of interviews.

Finally, I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview with 2 Partners and a Sr. Manager (who read a case study and I had to respond to 3 questions - they were easy). Although I had to give an overview of my experience, I think the interviews were designed to really determine if I was a "fit" in the overall organization and specific practice/role of which I was interviewing for.

Overall the process lasted approx. 12 weeks due to it beginning just before the Thanksgiving Holiday and interviews occurring clear through the Christmas and New Years holidays.

Interview Question – - If you could create a client engagement to work on, what would it look like?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very straight-forward (no BS - it was based on a simple formula derived from your most current previous employer salary).

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial screening call with HR, followed by phone interview with SM which was resume / experience based. In person interviews at the local office consisted of 3 rounds (1 P, 2 SMs), which were a mix of industry experience, skills testing, fit/personality and a case. Final phone interview with P to go over specific skills highlighted on resume and in previous conversations to demonstrate well roundedness, and depth of industry knowledge in order to add value to the practice.

Interview Question – Do you want to make Partner at this firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Let the HR person do the talking. And know your bar - ideally you are able to set it by obtaining a comparable offer which you use to your advantage.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to the position through the company's web site. Submitted my resume and a cover letter. Since this was a consultancy job I outlined all my previous consulting projects in detail. I got a phone call a week later and a lady from HR department asked few questions regarding my application and verified the information I submitted and made a schedule for personal interview at the office. The day of the interview I met 3 persons. One of them was a consulting partner, then a senior manager and a person from HR department. They said they'll call me. They called me in 3 days and made an offer. I accepted it

Interview Question – Why do you think you are the best person for the job? Can you give me an example of working as part of a team. What was your contribution to the team and what was the outcome of this exercise?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked for my salary and other expectations during the interview. Upon receiving the offer I did not negotiate and accepted the offer. I would advice others to ask before hand for the health insurance, bonuses, other fringe benefits, etc.

London, England (UK)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2011.

Interview Details – After an initial 1-2-1 interview, I was invited to an assessment day, which comprised 2 further interviews (1 partner, 1 Snr Manager), a group exercise, a case study and a presentation. I felt a bit like I was back in graduate recruitment, but I was impressed how quickly they turned everything around.
The initial screening took a long time (a month) as did the final screening, performed by an outside organisation that was fairly inflexible - not a great experience!

Interview Question – None stand out as being particularly hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated to near the top salary for my grade. It was comfortable, but I couldn't convince them to make me a Senior Manager.

Consulting Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2008.

Interview Details – No comment on the process

Interview Question – Basic questions around industry knowledge and business acument   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not interested in providing this detail

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!