Deloitte Interview Questions in Dallas, TX

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first heard about the opening on my university's career website. After submitting my resume and cover letter, I was chosen to participate in an on campus interview with one director and one partner. This was your basic on campus interview (just some high level technicals and behavioral/fit questions). And then I was picked to come the the office downtown for an "office-visit" where I interviewed with about 5 other candidates. They provided us with breakfast and were very helpful in preparing us for the interview process that we were about to experience. Then we were each placed into a separate office where senior associates, directors and partners in BV came to each meet/interview us. Overall the office visit seemed very laid back and everyone was nice and interested to learn more about my qualifications and past experiences. Finally, after we finished the interviews in the office, they took us out for a very nice lunch at a restaurant nearby. All in all, it was a seamless and painless interview process.

AERS Advisory Technology Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through school and did two 30 minutes phone interview prior to the final interview.
    The final interview was taken place at the office and I interviewed with 2 sr managers.

Aside of that, I would say it's often true that Big 4 only hire kids with masters degree but if you're good looking and know your resume inside out and express the fact that you have passion in the company. They will hire you although you're an undergrad. At least that how I got the job. I was competing with candidates with masters degree.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

On campus interview- fit questions. Very relaxed.
    Office visit- more fit questions. Interviewer is essentially trying to gauge if they could see themselves putting you in front of a client

Interview Questions

• What have you done to show me you're ready for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Offers are standard by office location.

Phone Interview for Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The first round is phone. I am still waiting for the result. The interviewer is a senior manager. The interviewer mentioned during the interview that there would be three more rounds.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you need to use communication skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • How did you work with difficult team member?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Typical internship questions. Lots of wining and dining which is nice but not relevant to position. A lot of competition. Grades important to get into the multi level interview process. Grades not as relevant the further you get into cuts.

Interview Questions

• Which department I would want to work in. Difficult as no information regarding different positions provided.   Answer Question

Manager Interviewee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I am very turned off by the manner in which the recruitment and interview process is conducted. From my experiences, both the recruiters and the hiring managers at Deloitte won't even look at a candidate for hire unless he or she is an MBA or CPA.

Further, I found the rather arrogant and condescending attitude displayed by Sr. Management there to be a major red flag and a clear display of a hierarchical organizational structure

Interview Questions

• I asked about how the company was handling the Senator investigation in New York regarding unethical consulting and compliance practices with the New York banks.   1 Answer

Consultant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process began with a telephone interview with Talent Acquisition and was followed with a series of telephone interviews with a partner and a Sr. Manager. The interviews were fairly easy - however the interviewers were very focused on specifically the types of initiatives I had worked on in previous jobs and what my role as a Manager was. My ability to clearly articulate that with certainty I believe is what landed me an opportunity to go to the next round of interviews.

Finally, I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview with 2 Partners and a Sr. Manager (who read a case study and I had to respond to 3 questions - they were easy). Although I had to give an overview of my experience, I think the interviews were designed to really determine if I was a "fit" in the overall organization and specific practice/role of which I was interviewing for.

Overall the process lasted approx. 12 weeks due to it beginning just before the Thanksgiving Holiday and interviews occurring clear through the Christmas and New Years holidays.

Interview Questions

• - If you could create a client engagement to work on, what would it look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very straight-forward (no BS - it was based on a simple formula derived from your most current previous employer salary).

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied as a college senior majoring in accounting to the Big 4 firms. My interview with Deloitte was the most difficult, most structured of the 4. The interview was structured with "what-if" and "tell me about a time" scenarios, such as "Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and the team was not cooperating. What did you do to fix the situation?" All questions were formed this way.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your biggest weakness." Make sure to turn your weakness into a strength!   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Campus interview was pretty easy. I was at a target school and probably >50% of applicants got campus interviews, and the majority of campus interviews got office interviews.

At the office visit, the first interview was pretty relaxed and mostly an opportunity for me to ask questions. Right at the beginning of my second office interview that day, with the partner, they extended the offer. It was nice to have the pressure out of the way at that point, and we went out for a very nice lunch ($90 w/o alcohol).

All of the Big 4 are very similar- they treat you very well for a campus hire and bring out all the wow things, and the offers they give for a given market are almost exactly the same. My EY offer was literally within 3 cents per hour, same signing bonus, etc. Ultimately it was the people and overall feel of the visit that made me choose one firm over the other, and either choice would have been a good one.

Interview Questions

• There we no technical questions that I remember, but they asked several times for experiences I had on teams and how I had learned to contribute or resolve conflicts. Almost any answer is acceptable, they want to see how you communicate and whether you are confident and positive about the experience. Practice telling concise and relevant stories.

I was also surprised at times at how much time they gave ME to ask questions in the interview. I had prepared a few to ask, but if I did it again I would have a large list of potential questions because they gave me many opportunities to ask them and it seems unprofessional when you don't have anything to ask.

Answer Question

Negotiation

For campus hires there isn't really a salary negotiation, recruiters and school representatives made that clear before we flew out. Since I had two offers, I got Deloitte to agree to let me choose which clients to work on during the internship as an added bonus (everybody gets to ask for preferred clients or industries, but they gave me slightly special treatment in order to make the offer sweeter than EY's without changing the pay).

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was with recruiter. After initial phone conversation, had several phone calls with various people in the firm ranging from consultant to partner which gave a good sense of what the firm was about as far as culture goes. In person interview was a series of three interviews back to back including behavioral and case study questions

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked... seems the firm really wants you to do well during the interview... no trick questions or anything to make you feel uncomfortable... although it didn't happen with me, i have heard of some horror stories..   Answer Question