Deloitte

3.2

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

I received a phone interview by partner. It was about half an hour. I was asked about my resume and some behavior questions. About 1 month later, I was asked for the office visit. 1 partner and 2 managers interviewed me. I got a chance to have lunch with some current employees as well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

Typical internship questions. Lots of wining and dining which is nice but not relevant to position. A lot of competition. Grades important to get into the multi level interview process. Grades not as relevant the further you get into cuts.

Interview Questions
    • Which department I would want to work in. Difficult as no information regarding different positions provided.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2011.

I came in as an experienced hire, with three years of experience from another consulting firm. I was an interview through a referral from a past manager.
    Round 1: HR screening. (1) Walk me through your resume (2) Behavior questions (Tell me about a time you worked on a team etc.)
    Round 2: Technical interview: I think I got lucky here, because my interviewer was traveling so we only spoke for 15 minutes where he just asked me what past projects I had worked on and what I liked about them
    Round 3: In Office: (Round 1): Meeting with a Manager -- behavioral questions. (Round 2) Case -- A company has purchased another company, what would be the steps required in an IT consolidation. (Round 3): Meeting with the Partner -- more of a airport test

Interview Questions
    • I got lucky with the technical interview portion, not sure what they would have asked. For the case, just walk through the various steps in an IT implementation. Planning phase, see the different systems, understand the overlap, either consolidate data or create a new ERP etc. Go through design, build, different levels of testing and then go-live. Discuss user acceptance testing and making sure the business is on board for the IT implementation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for consultants.

Consultant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

The interview process began with a telephone interview with Talent Acquisition and was followed with a series of telephone interviews with a partner and a Sr. Manager. The interviews were fairly easy - however the interviewers were very focused on specifically the types of initiatives I had worked on in previous jobs and what my role as a Manager was. My ability to clearly articulate that with certainty I believe is what landed me an opportunity to go to the next round of interviews.

Finally, I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview with 2 Partners and a Sr. Manager (who read a case study and I had to respond to 3 questions - they were easy). Although I had to give an overview of my experience, I think the interviews were designed to really determine if I was a "fit" in the overall organization and specific practice/role of which I was interviewing for.

Overall the process lasted approx. 12 weeks due to it beginning just before the Thanksgiving Holiday and interviews occurring clear through the Christmas and New Years holidays.

Interview Questions
    • - If you could create a client engagement to work on, what would it look like?   View Answer
    Negotiation was very straight-forward (no BS - it was based on a simple formula derived from your most current previous employer salary).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Initial communication was with recruiter. After initial phone conversation, had several phone calls with various people in the firm ranging from consultant to partner which gave a good sense of what the firm was about as far as culture goes. In person interview was a series of three interviews back to back including behavioral and case study questions

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions asked... seems the firm really wants you to do well during the interview... no trick questions or anything to make you feel uncomfortable... although it didn't happen with me, i have heard of some horror stories..   Answer Question

Manager Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte.

I am very turned off by the manner in which the recruitment and interview process is conducted. From my experiences, both the recruiters and the hiring managers at Deloitte won't even look at a candidate for hire unless he or she is an MBA or CPA.

Further, I found the rather arrogant and condescending attitude displayed by Sr. Management there to be a major red flag and a clear display of a hierarchical organizational structure

Interview Questions
    • I asked about how the company was handling the Senator investigation in New York regarding unethical consulting and compliance practices with the New York banks.   View Answer

Transfer Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2009.

get an interview, respond questions, get job

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Campus interview was pretty easy. I was at a target school and probably >50% of applicants got campus interviews, and the majority of campus interviews got office interviews.

At the office visit, the first interview was pretty relaxed and mostly an opportunity for me to ask questions. Right at the beginning of my second office interview that day, with the partner, they extended the offer. It was nice to have the pressure out of the way at that point, and we went out for a very nice lunch ($90 w/o alcohol).

All of the Big 4 are very similar- they treat you very well for a campus hire and bring out all the wow things, and the offers they give for a given market are almost exactly the same. My EY offer was literally within 3 cents per hour, same signing bonus, etc. Ultimately it was the people and overall feel of the visit that made me choose one firm over the other, and either choice would have been a good one.

Interview Questions
    • There we no technical questions that I remember, but they asked several times for experiences I had on teams and how I had learned to contribute or resolve conflicts. Almost any answer is acceptable, they want to see how you communicate and whether you are confident and positive about the experience. Practice telling concise and relevant stories.

I was also surprised at times at how much time they gave ME to ask questions in the interview. I had prepared a few to ask, but if I did it again I would have a large list of potential questions because they gave me many opportunities to ask them and it seems unprofessional when you don't have anything to ask.
        Answer Question
    For campus hires there isn't really a salary negotiation, recruiters and school representatives made that clear before we flew out. Since I had two offers, I got Deloitte to agree to let me choose which clients to work on during the internship as an added bonus (everybody gets to ask for preferred clients or industries, but they gave me slightly special treatment in order to make the offer sweeter than EY's without changing the pay).

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

This was a great internship to learn about public accounting. I got in touch with Deloitte through my college and started the interview process there. I had to write a cover letter and send my resume and transcript. I then had an on campus interview where the questions were standard, not too difficult. A manager interviewed me and mainly questioned me about my experience on my resume. There were a couple of behavioral questions that were not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions asked were the behavioral questions as the questions about my resume were pretty simple.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate, standard offer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

I applied as a college senior majoring in accounting to the Big 4 firms. My interview with Deloitte was the most difficult, most structured of the 4. The interview was structured with "what-if" and "tell me about a time" scenarios, such as "Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and the team was not cooperating. What did you do to fix the situation?" All questions were formed this way.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about your biggest weakness." Make sure to turn your weakness into a strength!   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!