Deloitte

3.1

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

I had two 30 minutes rounds - case interview and behavioral. In the case interview, i was asked about a Telecom Company who were on their way to launch a new product and needed a CRM system setup. How would you go about deciding between the different CRM vendors - what are the qualities that you would look up to before deciding on the vendor.
    In Behavioral, I was asked about my projects and any experience I had working with a team.

Interview Questions
    • What did I do when one of the team member did not pull his weight?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you think does every person working in a team have?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

I received a phone interview by partner. It was about half an hour. I was asked about my resume and some behavior questions. About 1 month later, I was asked for the office visit. 1 partner and 2 managers interviewed me. I got a chance to have lunch with some current employees as well.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

I met with Deloitte at a large on campus information setting. During the information setting I tried to get to meet with as many of their full time employees as possible and ended up making a connection with one in particular. I emailed this individual afterwards, thanking him for his time and asking to meet informally so I could learn more about Deloitte.

The interview process was two parts: Behavioral and Case Interviews - 45 minutes each. Each was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • The Case Interview segment was more difficult for me. I would recommend spending time on the Deloitte site reviewing the preparatory information they provide before coming into the interview. I would also recommend looking for a more thorough explanation of Case Interview (i.e. Case and Point).   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in January 2011.

I came in as an experienced hire, with three years of experience from another consulting firm. I was an interview through a referral from a past manager.
    Round 1: HR screening. (1) Walk me through your resume (2) Behavior questions (Tell me about a time you worked on a team etc.)
    Round 2: Technical interview: I think I got lucky here, because my interviewer was traveling so we only spoke for 15 minutes where he just asked me what past projects I had worked on and what I liked about them
    Round 3: In Office: (Round 1): Meeting with a Manager -- behavioral questions. (Round 2) Case -- A company has purchased another company, what would be the steps required in an IT consolidation. (Round 3): Meeting with the Partner -- more of a airport test

Interview Questions
    • I got lucky with the technical interview portion, not sure what they would have asked. For the case, just walk through the various steps in an IT implementation. Planning phase, see the different systems, understand the overlap, either consolidate data or create a new ERP etc. Go through design, build, different levels of testing and then go-live. Discuss user acceptance testing and making sure the business is on board for the IT implementation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for consultants.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

Approx. 5 rounds:
    1. Initial Screening (Recruiter/HR - Telephonic)
    2. Peer Level Interview (Telephonic)
    A one day in-person event consisting of 3 more interviews.
    3. A case study - the case depends on your profile, years of exp, techinical/functional etc.,
    4. A personal interview with a person, a level higher than you are interviewing for.
    5. An interview with a partner/director - a free-ranging interview to assess cultural fit

Interview Questions
    I was very upfront from the beginning on my expectations and did not the initial offer was very close to what I wanted. I got them to up the offer a bit but not by much.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2010.

1. First a phone interview with the recruiter asking basic questions
    2. Then I had to fly down to Dallas, TX to meet with the hiring manager and interview session with a partner and 2 more people from the company
    3. Then a background check was carried out
    4. Received the job offer in 1 week from the final interview
    5. Accepted it

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Strengths & Weaknesses? Why Deloitte? Why MBA? What is your plan 1 year, 5 years from now?   Answer Question
    Didnot negotiate much. Is my first job after graduation. Offer was pretty good.

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2010.

Friend of a friend asked if I was interested in a consulting position at Deloitte. I was told that they are looking to hire 50-100 new management consultants in the next 12 months as they are anticipating an up-swing in the economy. 4 - 5 months later I was contacted by an HR recruiter and had an initial phone interview and a couple weeks later I had a follow-up interview with a senior consulting manager. The focus of the interview was mostly on my background, skills, and career goals. They were both very nice people, although they work long hours and scheduling these interviews was quite difficult.

The HR recruiter passed me off to an administrative assistant to schedule another interview with a partner in the consulting practice. We went back and forth for 2-3 weeks trying to find a time which the partner could meet with me. One day the administrative assistant emails me and asks me instead to book a flight to their regional office in Dallas.

Fast forward to Texas... They took good care of me with great accommodations and instructions about how the interview would go. The on-site interview consisted of a discussion with s couple front-line consultants to get a flavor of the culture, a partner to probe my potential value to the team and company, and a couple of Sr. Managers one of which presented the case.

The case was a different format than what was described in interview information packet. Rather than a question/answer type investigation the case was non-interactive and focused on business soft skills meaning no number crunching was required. There were no ‘gotchas’ in the case but you did need to know how common business metrics fit together: market share, sales growth, COGS, OpEx, Net Income, market size, etc.

I got a call from the HR recruiter the next week saying that that although I did very well on the case they did not feel that there was a good culture fit. I was not surprised. Although I did probe to see what she meant by ‘not a good culture fit,’ she would not provide any specifics.

Overall, I had a great experience. Deloitte Consulting would be a great firm to work for.

Interview Questions
    • What is your career ambition?   Answer Question
    • Why would you want to work consulting, considering the 80%+ travel component?   Answer Question
    • Describe a consulting situation in which your background, skills, and strengths would be perfectly matched?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

They first contacted via email. After I responded, it took them good two weeks to contact me for a preliminary phone interview. That went well. Then they had a technical interview again over the phone. The arrangements were made by another HR person. And was arranged very hurriedly. The HR guy told me that I would be going to Austin for F2F, within two weeks. Then four weeks go by not contact, even after I sent an email. Then after about six weeks, I get a call, with another tentative date. Although they sent me instructions for the Austin trip they never mad any travel arrangements. 3 Days before the date I sent an email and was told that it has again been rescheduled for the next week, this time in Dallas. Finally it took place with four people F2F. They did not even bother to take me to lunch. I wish they had the courtesy to keep me posted with the changes in their schedules and process, which was annoying.

Did not like the offer and the interview process was so haphazard that I figured, I don't need to compromise on my compensation.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

There were two one on one interviews in a row, each 30 minutes. Both behavioral. Then, there were events and dinners for a few months before we got our offers.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage when people are asking too much of you?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was my highest offer so I didn't have anything to negotiate with.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2010.

All behavioral. Why audit, why this company, team experience, leadership, extra curricular