Deloitte

Average Difficulty
83 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

ERS Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I got the first interview from an employee referral. I first received a phone interview which asked some basic questions about my resume. After the interview I was told I would be brought in for an in-person interview. It took some time for the first interview to happen but it finally happened a month after. I met two people and the questions were mainly behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I found out that I would be brought in for a second interview. It took a few extra weeks to get the date and the second interview went even better. Once again it was two 30 minute interviews based on behavioral questions. The people were extremely nice and welcoming both times I had the opportunity to come in. A few weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Just be able to talk about yourself, why you want to work for Deloitte and/or the department, what industry.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Had interview on campus, offered office visit which was full day of interviews, lunch, etc. They then offered the job about a week later. Was a pretty straight forward process, more get to know you questions, but it was my first job out of college.

Interview Question – Dont remember...   Answer Question

ERS Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – -Initial interview was a short on-campus interview
-Second interview was in the office with 2 individuals
-Interview questions were not technical

Negotiation Details – -Unable to negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Resume selection is done through campus after which they take around a week or sometimes two to get to you on whether you have been selected. Once you are selected, there are two rounds on campus. Both are behavioral rounds. Once you clear them you are called on site where another two rounds of the same nature take place.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourelf in five years...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Strictly no negotiation.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very quick.

Interview Question – Questions were standard, good conversation in general.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – There is 1 major interview which lasts 3 hours. You get to meet a manager, senior manager, and a director/partner. Be prepared to answer technical questions, behavioral questions, and know about the company. T

Interview Question – I had a few creative behavioral questions. One of them "do you have experience selling something"? It is hard to answer for someone who has never done sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I just took whatever they offered because I wanted the job. My advice is go ahead and negotiate, as they will not give you a huge pay increase.

Rosslyn, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – The interview process was straight forward

Interview Question – I dont believe there was any unexpected questions because it was based of your skills   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through career networking. Got first round interview on campus. Only behavioral questions.

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. We went through the normal phone screen. The recruiter did a quick walkthrough of my resume and told me about the position. It took about a week to hear back from the hiring manager. The whole process is through your recruiter. The hiring manager lets the recruiter know the go/no-go decision and the recruiter contacts you. Then your interviews are set up and the recruiter lets you know tithe decision. The recruiter will also do the negotiation for you to the partners. Let the recruiter know everything you can think of about yourself that can help get you the best initial offer from the partners.

Once the recruiter let me know I was approved by the hiring manager, I had 4 interviews in the office back to back. They put you in an interview room and the interviewers rotate between all the candidates there. Interviews: Two behavioral interviews (one with a manager and one with a senior manager). One technical interview, but it was just going through my resume and talking about my experiences. The interviewer would pick a line and say "Tell me more about what that entails". You definitely need to know your resume. One partner interview. It was really just a conversation about the culture. It was to make sure I fit in. I was only asked one question and that was "what areas within ERS are you interested in."(Make sure you have done your research into what the area does)

All the interviews were exactly 30 minutes and they stop on time. They were all like conversations. The behavioral interviewers would ask a "tell me about a time when..." question, I would give my answer and then we would discuss how that applies to the job. I was asked questions like tell me how you have handled working with a difficult team member; why Deloitte (everyone asked me this); why this position; tell me about a time you have worked with a difficult client. Because of all the discussion in between and the time limit, I was not asked that many questions from each interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would handle a situation where no senior or manager is available and the client needs an answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a offer higher than my current pay and asked for a sign on bonus which I got. I think it does not hurt to ask since they have already shown their interest by giving you an offer.

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Interview Details – Process was simple after the initial interview. If you get invited to dinner, you are pretty much in. Loved their attitude towards entry level position. One of the few companies that realize "yes you are smart and capable and we understand since you never worked in this field that you dont know what to do"

Interview Question – The questions all seemed around how well you react with team members   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didnt negotiate. But signed in Nov. and they cant start me in Jan. and cant tell me if i start in the Summer or Fall. So basically you're hired...now wait 6 months before you find out when you can starts

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!