Deloitte

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.7

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Pleasant experience very relaxed but you must be prepared to make a good impression. Back to back 3 parts interview. Nothing too hard and I don't feel like being put on the spots. Really know why you want to work for Deloitte and what your skills are.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a difficult situation and how you handled it at work?   Answer Question
Try to negotiate and see the flexibilities.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

ERS Consultant Interview

This was one of the most relaxed interviews I've had. I interviewed with a Manager, Senior Manager and Partner back to back for 30 minutes each. All behavioral questions, simply getting to know me as a person and prospective employee. I also got a tour of the office and was taken out for breakfast by two consultants before my interview. Very nice.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

It was a campus interview. The first round was resume shortlisting. This was followed by group discussion. This was followed by two rounds of interviews with the directors.Mostly behavourial. Was not very difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

1. Submitted resume and cover letter through university's online portal
    2. Contacted for on campus interview
    3. On the interview day chatted with the Deloitte greeters before the actual interview
    4. I had a 30 minute interview with one person
    5. I was called and invited to 2nd round interviews in the office
    6. Had a dinner with about 3 other applicants and 2 deloitte employees the night before the second round interview
    6. In the office, had 2 separate 1 on 1 interviews, but also had a networking lunch in between my interviews
    7. called and offered the position

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a time you completely failed something? what was the outcome? how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    it was non-negotiable, and they would not let me extend my offer either

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

I received the interview through an on campus career fair and received a phone call from the partner with the offer around two hours after the last interview. The actual interviewing stage consisted 5 interviews over two days, all of which were fairly easy behavioral questions. In each of my interviews we blew through the typical behavioral questions and ended up just having casual conversation until they called time. Really, it felt that they were less interested in what you know and more about how you interacted with those you're unacquainted with, however, that may have been just because I came from a non-target major and had no knowledge of accounting or finance.

Interview Questions
    • All were fairly easy. I suppose the 'Tell us about a time when..' questions were the most difficult.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were effective despite being told otherwise by, well, everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The process was relatively fast. Big 4 accounting firms are 'BIG" on referral hires versus outside applications, just FYI for anyone looking to work for them. I was referred by someone within, through a former co-worker of mine. We spoke about my work experience, and then I was referred to another person about a few days later who spoke to me about my work experience. She then forwarded up my information and i received the interview within a week.

The interviews itself, again depend on location, the position applied for, and the people who interview you. They have your resume in front of them, so try not to lie and they usually know if you know what you're talking about. There 3 interviews, each back to back, lasting 30 mins. The first one primarily asked about work experience; things such was was rewarding, what could i have done different and just to explain each jobs responsibilities while I was there. The second and third interviews were open-floor. I did most of the question asking, with them asking a few as well. This is the part where you want to show that you did research on them, which should be factored into your questions. Don't be too technical, they each told me the like people with personalities. The key word to hit on is PERSONABLE, that word will take you VERY far. That same week I was informed that I they had chosen me.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a question that was too difficult. I think each experience depends on the location of the office for the interview and the people interviewing you as well as the position you are applying for. Each of the three individuals I met with were very pleasant to talk to. It felt more like a conversation than a interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interviewed with Manager, Senior Manager and a Partner. They are very nice and helpful. Questions like "tell me about yourself" "what's your biggest strength" Some detail questions about accounting including merge and acquisition, but fairly easy. Just be passionate and relax.

Interview Questions
    Very smooth with the recruiter. Get a signing bonus.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

I got the first interview from an employee referral. I first received a phone interview which asked some basic questions about my resume. After the interview I was told I would be brought in for an in-person interview. It took some time for the first interview to happen but it finally happened a month after. I met two people and the questions were mainly behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I found out that I would be brought in for a second interview. It took a few extra weeks to get the date and the second interview went even better. Once again it was two 30 minute interviews based on behavioral questions. The people were extremely nice and welcoming both times I had the opportunity to come in. A few weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Just be able to talk about yourself, why you want to work for Deloitte and/or the department, what industry.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Had interview on campus, offered office visit which was full day of interviews, lunch, etc. They then offered the job about a week later. Was a pretty straight forward process, more get to know you questions, but it was my first job out of college.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

-Initial interview was a short on-campus interview
    -Second interview was in the office with 2 individuals
    -Interview questions were not technical

-Unable to negotiate