Deloitte

2.7

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte.

1. Submitted resume and cover letter through university's online portal
2. Contacted for on campus interview
3. On the interview day chatted with the Deloitte greeters before the actual interview
4. I had a 30 minute interview with one person
5. I was called and invited to 2nd round interviews in the office
6. Had a dinner with about 3 other applicants and 2 deloitte employees the night before the second round interview
6. In the office, had 2 separate 1 on 1 interviews, but also had a networking lunch in between my interviews
7. called and offered the position

Interview Questions
  • tell us about a time you completely failed something? what was the outcome? how did you handle it?   Answer Question
it was non-negotiable, and they would not let me extend my offer either

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The process was relatively fast. Big 4 accounting firms are 'BIG" on referral hires versus outside applications, just FYI for anyone looking to work for them. I was referred by someone within, through a former co-worker of mine. We spoke about my work experience, and then I was referred to another person about a few days later who spoke to me about my work experience. She then forwarded up my information and i received the interview within a week.

The interviews itself, again depend on location, the position applied for, and the people who interview you. They have your resume in front of them, so try not to lie and they usually know if you know what you're talking about. There 3 interviews, each back to back, lasting 30 mins. The first one primarily asked about work experience; things such was was rewarding, what could i have done different and just to explain each jobs responsibilities while I was there. The second and third interviews were open-floor. I did most of the question asking, with them asking a few as well. This is the part where you want to show that you did research on them, which should be factored into your questions. Don't be too technical, they each told me the like people with personalities. The key word to hit on is PERSONABLE, that word will take you VERY far. That same week I was informed that I they had chosen me.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a question that was too difficult. I think each experience depends on the location of the office for the interview and the people interviewing you as well as the position you are applying for. Each of the three individuals I met with were very pleasant to talk to. It felt more like a conversation than a interview.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte.

I received the interview through an on campus career fair and received a phone call from the partner with the offer around two hours after the last interview. The actual interviewing stage consisted 5 interviews over two days, all of which were fairly easy behavioral questions. In each of my interviews we blew through the typical behavioral questions and ended up just having casual conversation until they called time. Really, it felt that they were less interested in what you know and more about how you interacted with those you're unacquainted with, however, that may have been just because I came from a non-target major and had no knowledge of accounting or finance.

Interview Questions
    • All were fairly easy. I suppose the 'Tell us about a time when..' questions were the most difficult.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were effective despite being told otherwise by, well, everyone.

ERS Consultant Interview

interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Campus interview and office interview. The questions are around my experience listed on resume. I did not encounter any behavior questions. Leadership activities outside class is valued. The interview should be like a conversation rather than question and answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interviewed with Manager, Senior Manager and a Partner. They are very nice and helpful. Questions like "tell me about yourself" "what's your biggest strength" Some detail questions about accounting including merge and acquisition, but fairly easy. Just be passionate and relax.

Interview Questions
    Very smooth with the recruiter. Get a signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

Applied through job posting at Deloitte Career website.
    Heard back from HR for initial screening interview in couple weeks.
    Interviewed with hiring manager after initial screen
    Did on-site interview with bunch of senior managers and got offer in 2 days

Interview Questions
    • None. All of questions were behavioral questions, which were very easy   Answer Question
    I failed negotiate. I would highly recommend to negotiate even HR will say BS, saying that a partner did not say any range or he may not approve. Once offer is come, you have advantage.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Deloitte.

I got the first interview from an employee referral. I first received a phone interview which asked some basic questions about my resume. After the interview I was told I would be brought in for an in-person interview. It took some time for the first interview to happen but it finally happened a month after. I met two people and the questions were mainly behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I found out that I would be brought in for a second interview. It took a few extra weeks to get the date and the second interview went even better. Once again it was two 30 minute interviews based on behavioral questions. The people were extremely nice and welcoming both times I had the opportunity to come in. A few weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Just be able to talk about yourself, why you want to work for Deloitte and/or the department, what industry.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Had interview on campus, offered office visit which was full day of interviews, lunch, etc. They then offered the job about a week later. Was a pretty straight forward process, more get to know you questions, but it was my first job out of college.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

-Initial interview was a short on-campus interview
    -Second interview was in the office with 2 individuals
    -Interview questions were not technical

-Unable to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Resume selection is done through campus after which they take around a week or sometimes two to get to you on whether you have been selected. Once you are selected, there are two rounds on campus. Both are behavioral rounds. Once you clear them you are called on site where another two rounds of the same nature take place.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourelf in five years...   View Answer
    Strictly no negotiation.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!