Deloitte

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Started the process through my univerisity. Sent application through the university's career website and received an email requesting an on campus interview the following week. Back to back interview was an hour with each interviewer, both interviewers were partners at the firm. Very nice and supportive people, questions were very standard: "Walk me through your resume" "Tell me about a time you were on a team and what role did you play". An exact week after the on campus interview, I received a call requesting a second interview at the HQ in NYC. Second round was also two interviews with partners that lasted 30 minutes each. Same type of questions as on campus: "Walk me through your resume" "Tell me about a time you worked at a team and it was not working out? what did you do?".
Overall, it was a pleasant experience to interview at this firm. Great people, great teams, they communicate quickly and let you know the decision in a timely manner

Interview Questions
  • Why consulting? Apart from the typical answers I've heard before, tell me why consulting for you specifically...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

I applied for Tech risk.

Submitted my resume at School. First interview happened at my school with Manger and Director. 1st interview with Manger was more based on your Resume. Questions like how, what and why. Make sure you show some strengths that how would you handle challenging environment and what you can bring to the table. Lots of questions based on Team Work.

After 2 weeks, I was invited for 2nd round. They paid for all the expense. Hotel was super nice.

2nd round was easier than I expected because I spent 40 hours to prepare for an interview just because I was interviewing with the biggest big 4 company and I would recommend you to spend some time to prepare so you don't get surprised by questions.

In the second round , there were two interviews. One was with manager and another with senior manager.

The senior manager was little bit hard because he asked me some questions also based on Finance. Boat manager asked me questions like how would you handle the situation ? How would you work with team? What can you bring to a team? What is some specific qualities or skills you have? You should also know a little bit about internal auditing of information technology.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

I went through campus recruiting and got a notification through the school's career website that I had received and interview.
    The initial interview was at school and consisted of two back-to-back interviews. One was with a partner and the other was with a 3rd year. Both interviews were behavioral and mostly wanted to see if you would be a good fit.
    Second round was in New York and it was the same thing: two back-to-back interviews--both behavioral. Overall it was about chemistry and nothing really technical.

Interview Questions
    • The first round partner asked me in several different ways why I wanted to work at Deloitte and by the 5th time I had no more reasons so that was a little unexpected but still not difficult   Answer Question

I had offers that made moving to New York much easier and more worth it than AERS

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Deloitte.

Pleasant experience very relaxed but you must be prepared to make a good impression. Back to back 3 parts interview. Nothing too hard and I don't feel like being put on the spots. Really know why you want to work for Deloitte and what your skills are.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult situation and how you handled it at work?   Answer Question
    Try to negotiate and see the flexibilities.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

It was a campus interview. The first round was resume shortlisting. This was followed by group discussion. This was followed by two rounds of interviews with the directors.Mostly behavourial. Was not very difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

1. Submitted resume and cover letter through university's online portal
    2. Contacted for on campus interview
    3. On the interview day chatted with the Deloitte greeters before the actual interview
    4. I had a 30 minute interview with one person
    5. I was called and invited to 2nd round interviews in the office
    6. Had a dinner with about 3 other applicants and 2 deloitte employees the night before the second round interview
    6. In the office, had 2 separate 1 on 1 interviews, but also had a networking lunch in between my interviews
    7. called and offered the position

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a time you completely failed something? what was the outcome? how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    it was non-negotiable, and they would not let me extend my offer either

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

I received the interview through an on campus career fair and received a phone call from the partner with the offer around two hours after the last interview. The actual interviewing stage consisted 5 interviews over two days, all of which were fairly easy behavioral questions. In each of my interviews we blew through the typical behavioral questions and ended up just having casual conversation until they called time. Really, it felt that they were less interested in what you know and more about how you interacted with those you're unacquainted with, however, that may have been just because I came from a non-target major and had no knowledge of accounting or finance.

Interview Questions
    • All were fairly easy. I suppose the 'Tell us about a time when..' questions were the most difficult.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were effective despite being told otherwise by, well, everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The process was relatively fast. Big 4 accounting firms are 'BIG" on referral hires versus outside applications, just FYI for anyone looking to work for them. I was referred by someone within, through a former co-worker of mine. We spoke about my work experience, and then I was referred to another person about a few days later who spoke to me about my work experience. She then forwarded up my information and i received the interview within a week.

The interviews itself, again depend on location, the position applied for, and the people who interview you. They have your resume in front of them, so try not to lie and they usually know if you know what you're talking about. There 3 interviews, each back to back, lasting 30 mins. The first one primarily asked about work experience; things such was was rewarding, what could i have done different and just to explain each jobs responsibilities while I was there. The second and third interviews were open-floor. I did most of the question asking, with them asking a few as well. This is the part where you want to show that you did research on them, which should be factored into your questions. Don't be too technical, they each told me the like people with personalities. The key word to hit on is PERSONABLE, that word will take you VERY far. That same week I was informed that I they had chosen me.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a question that was too difficult. I think each experience depends on the location of the office for the interview and the people interviewing you as well as the position you are applying for. Each of the three individuals I met with were very pleasant to talk to. It felt more like a conversation than a interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interviewed with Manager, Senior Manager and a Partner. They are very nice and helpful. Questions like "tell me about yourself" "what's your biggest strength" Some detail questions about accounting including merge and acquisition, but fairly easy. Just be passionate and relax.

Interview Questions
    Very smooth with the recruiter. Get a signing bonus.

ERS Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

I got the first interview from an employee referral. I first received a phone interview which asked some basic questions about my resume. After the interview I was told I would be brought in for an in-person interview. It took some time for the first interview to happen but it finally happened a month after. I met two people and the questions were mainly behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I found out that I would be brought in for a second interview. It took a few extra weeks to get the date and the second interview went even better. Once again it was two 30 minute interviews based on behavioral questions. The people were extremely nice and welcoming both times I had the opportunity to come in. A few weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Just be able to talk about yourself, why you want to work for Deloitte and/or the department, what industry.   Answer Question