Deloitte

Average Difficulty
84 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to an externship through my university. There was a phone interview to qualify for the externship. 30 min behavioral. The interviewer just walked through my resume and asked me questions about that. The externship itself was a two-day event. First day was a networking event at a bowling alley. Second day consisted of a presentation by the company followed by two 30 min interviews. I was one of the last people to interview so I could tell they were pressed for time. The interviews were behavioral. I could tell they just wanted to see if I fit with the organization.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a fairly simple. I interviewed with three people, 2 Managers and a Partner. Typical questions, walk me through your resume, behavioral questions etc

Negotiation Details – Not enough room to negotiate. Had to take what I was offered.

Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by a call interview with a panel of experts and lastly an 1:1 interview with the manager and director/principal/partner.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. A bench for each city is created. Accept or Decline.

ERS Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in December 2012.

Interview Details – Two 30 minute phone interviews as well as two 45 minute in person interviews. They were very professional and organized. Most of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Question – What do you think you can bring to Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not willing to negotiate.

ERS Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Apply an ERS summer intern from official website directly
2. got an interview two month after submitting the resume
3. got an offer on the following week
4. did summer intern for 8 weeks
5. got the full time offer at the end of internship

Very Easy Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – Deloitte visited our campus. Selected my resume before coming to campus . Firts round of interview at campus has 2 rounds. two rounds are for 30 minutes each. asked behavioural questions in the two rounds .
Scheduled second round of interview at deloitte detroit office after 2 weeks. this had 3 rounds of interview each 30 minutes asked behavioral questions only.

Interview Question – All questions were easy. they will see if a employee can communicate with client and have a conversation with client.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on line and got the call from HR that I was invited to their on campus interview as well as the pre night mixer. The mixer was the great opportunity to meet your interviewers before your formal interview. The interview consists of two 30 minutes back-to-back 1:1 behavioral interviews. Got the e-mail within a week with the invitation to the on-site interview. Before the interviews, a brief presentation about Deloitte was offered by their amazing HRs ( They are really supportive during the whole process.), and the content could be very helpful for the following interview. The interview itself consists of three 30 minutes back-to-back 1:1 behavioral interviews. We was told to expect their answer in 2 weeks but got the call from HR with an offer in 1 week. All the 5 interviewers I met are extremely genial and eager to help you know Deloitte better.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. The key point is know your resume well and prepare for the behavioral questions about your past experiences. ( leadership, teamwork, network, problem solving)   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you need to persuade people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, although the salary is not as good as what I expected from Glassdoor.

Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – A typical interview for a public accounting firm. The hardest part is getting through the first interview and being asked to participate in the in-office second round. During that second interview, you have a 'gauntlet' 3 interviews (1 manager, 1 partner, and another senior manager or partner/principal/director). Having a solid GPA and transcript record on-top of other extracurriculars (service and social groups are a big plus), will help you get an opportunity to gain that second interview.

Interview Question – I had put on my resume that one of my skills was public speaking since I worked as a tour guide for my university's admissions department for 4 years and also did some Q&A sessions with high school students. The ERS partner called me out on this skill and had me, on the spot, prove to him that this was a skill and I wasn't just using it since it makes me look good. I basically had to talk for about 5-10 min straight about myself and a common topic of the partner's choosing (Why I wanted to be an auditor) and essentially hold a conversation for the entire interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I was a campus hire, I could not do much negotiating. The other offers I had were from non-Big 4 firms, which does nothing as far as seeking more money in the offer.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Interview Details – i was interviewed for ERS position through a reference, it was pretty simple, a generic phone interview with hr where he asked about my work experience, goals, salary requirements etc. then in a week they called me for a 1:1 interview. i was excited with the speed things were going for me. i had a great interview,as the questions were based on my resume only. probably the best interview i have ever had! its been 1 MONTH now i haven't heard from anyone. i have been mailing continuously but no one replies. Its kinda frustrating because of the uncertainty. I never expected managers of such a big and reputed firm to act so irresponsible and rude! I have almost given up on this.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was arranged through my university's career posting website. The interview was actually held at a nearby hotel which Deloitte booked in order to accommodate all of the students interviewing. There were two 30-45 minute interviews- one with a senior employee and another with a more junior one. Both were behavioral and fairly straightforward.

I received a call the night of to notify me of their invitation to a second-round interview. The time of which was arranged using an Excel spreadsheet that they sent beforehand for candidates to indicate time availability and office location preferences (top 3). As such, they arranged a 7:30am second-round interview the very next day.

The second-round interview was generally more of the same thing. This time, my first interview was with an HR representative that tried to assess my behavioral fit rather than technical/professional experience. She asked me to describe specific products that I mentioned, such as SAP, in terms that someone unfamiliar with the subject could understand. After that interview, I was put in an interview with two employees- one manager and one principal. They covered more of my experience and what I hoped to accomplish or explore with my career. A little more difficult, but they were receptive and helpful throughout the whole process.

Later in the day, I received a call from one of the interviewers unofficially notifying me that I had been selected. There were no more interviews, and there were never any office visits as part of my interview process. According to others that have interviewed with them before, my experience was not normal and was actually rather quick since it did not involve any travel nor activities other than standard behavioral (no case) interviews.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a project that you were proud of and what were the results?   Answer Question
  • Why did you place NYC as your first choice whereas many of your classmates opted for Chicago (which is much closer to the university)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process for entry-level hires. My official offer letter was sent over email. All I had to do was print, sign, scan, and re-send.