Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward

Interview Questions

• I dont believe there was any unexpected questions because it was based of your skills   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a PPD, Manager, Senior Manager. I interviewed with all three and they all pretty much asked the same questions. Why Deloitte, what are your strengths and skills, tell me about yourself. I talked about my goals: My goal right now is to find a position at a company where I can grow and take on new challenges over time. Ultimately, I’d like to assume more management responsibilities and get involved in product strategy. But most importantly, I want to work for an organization where I can build a career.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. We went through the normal phone screen. The recruiter did a quick walkthrough of my resume and told me about the position. It took about a week to hear back from the hiring manager. The whole process is through your recruiter. The hiring manager lets the recruiter know the go/no-go decision and the recruiter contacts you. Then your interviews are set up and the recruiter lets you know tithe decision. The recruiter will also do the negotiation for you to the partners. Let the recruiter know everything you can think of about yourself that can help get you the best initial offer from the partners. Once the recruiter let me know I was approved by the hiring manager, I had 4 interviews in the office back to back. They put you in an interview room and the interviewers rotate between all the candidates there. Interviews: Two behavioral interviews (one with a manager and one with a senior manager). One technical interview, but it was just going through my resume and talking about my experiences. The interviewer would pick a line and say "Tell me more about what that entails". You definitely need to know your resume. One partner interview. It was really just a conversation about the culture. It was to make sure I fit in. I was only asked one question and that was "what areas within ERS are you interested in."(Make sure you have done your research into what the area does) All the interviews were exactly 30 minutes and they stop on time. They were all like conversations. The behavioral interviewers would ask a "tell me about a time when..." question, I would give my answer and then we would discuss how that applies to the job. I was asked questions like tell me how you have handled working with a difficult team member; why Deloitte (everyone asked me this); why this position; tell me about a time you have worked with a difficult client. Because of all the discussion in between and the time limit, I was not asked that many questions from each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle a situation where no senior or manager is available and the client needs an answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a offer higher than my current pay and asked for a sign on bonus which I got. I think it does not hurt to ask since they have already shown their interest by giving you an offer.

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions that test your skills in a tight spot and gauge your personality.

Interview Questions

• How would you cut a member of your team if you have already promised him a role in the project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Orange, CA).

Interview

1st round interview- asked me about my background. Very conversational based, and integrated questions about my resume into our conversation. Overall very relaxing. 2nd round interview-behavioral questions as well as questions about my background.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this situation: if you knew that you had to bring up a topic to your boss and that he would be angry about, how did you handle this?   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were pretty good overall; the last step did bother me a bit. They invited me to a second interview on site and treated us well but didn't follow up when they said they would. I had to reach out again after.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview, very relaxed atmostphere   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Process was simple after the initial interview. If you get invited to dinner, you are pretty much in. Loved their attitude towards entry level position. One of the few companies that realize "yes you are smart and capable and we understand since you never worked in this field that you dont know what to do"

Interview Questions

• The questions all seemed around how well you react with team members   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didnt negotiate. But signed in Nov. and they cant start me in Jan. and cant tell me if i start in the Summer or Fall. So basically you're hired...now wait 6 months before you find out when you can starts

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. The first was a behavioral phone interview with two managers, and the second round was in-person interviews at their office. The second round consisted of an interview with a senior manager and a senior partner, who basically outlined my job description and told me I'd make a great fit.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected part of the interview was how easy it was. No technical questions at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate a signing bonus, but the recuiter said ERS was not offering them at that time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, one round behavioral. Flew to NY where there was a reception during the night, where everyone had the chance to meet with various partners and ask questions. The next day there were two Interviews. Both also mostly behavioral in relation to risk management and why I wanted to pursue a job in consulting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Resume selection is done through campus after which they take around a week or sometimes two to get to you on whether you have been selected. Once you are selected, there are two rounds on campus. Both are behavioral rounds. Once you clear them you are called on site where another two rounds of the same nature take place.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourelf in five years...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Strictly no negotiation.