Deloitte

Updated Aug 6, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Applied on-line and was contacted by a recruiter via a form email requesting time for an initial conversation. The initial conversation occurred less than 1 week after the form email was sent, less than 15 minutes long, and was a simple review of my experience and reasons for leaving my employers. Within 1 week, I received another email (this one from a different person in the recruiting group) confirming a technical interview with 2 Senior Managers. The technical interview included direct questions concerning the subject matter related to the role I applied for and my experience with the subject matter. The call lasted approximately 45 minutes. Approximately 1 week later, I received an email confirming the details of my trip for in-person office interviews. Within another week after confirming all of the details of my trip, I flew up to (all travel expenses paid) my in-person office interviews. I spent the night before in a local hotel and had my first interview at 9AM with a Director. The Director detailed the structure of the team and the processes associated with conducting the projects - the remainder of the time was spent answering behavioural questions; I also answered a question on my compensation, but that was the only time I was asked. The next interview was with a senior manager and was a mix of technical and behavioural questions. The third and final interview was with a manager and was highly technical. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I wrote a quick note of thanks to my recruiter and asked for the email addresses of those I interviewed with so that I may thank them as well and received a response indicating preliminary feedback was good. The next morning, I received an email from the recruiter asking that I call her back because they were ready to move forward with an offer. I immediately called my recruiter and accepted the offer, which was more than agreeable (approximately 22.2% more than my current salary and included a signing bonus). Hiring process was a series of emails requiring that I fill out the regular tax forms and email them accordingly, as well as schedule travel for my orientation session - I also had to supply recent paystubs. The entire process from the first email to the offer and acceptance was precisely 3 weeks. Start date was contingent upon orientation class schedule, which was every 2 weeks and had to allow for the background check to clear (the background check took 2 weeks).

Interview Questions
  • Do you consider yourself a process and controls person, or a technical person?   View Answer
No negotiation was necessary, as the salary and signing bonus were more than agreeable.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Submitted resume online, had a pre-screen phone call with HR/Talent, had 3 1 hour interviews on site with partners and was offered the job within the week. Negotiated for another week and accepted there after.

Interview Questions
    • Situation where you had to admit being wrong and how was it handled.   Answer Question
    A few back and forths on the salary with a request to increase the signing bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Deloitte purchased the company I was employed by; therefore, no interview was necessary. Everyone who worked for the company came over with the same salary. Of course we received all if their benefits.

N/A, I kept the same salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte.

intern - easy

none out of college

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview process was simple, a couple of senior managers asked me about my past experience and projects - was more like a discussion than a question answer session - went on a very amicable note, they explained the role and responsibilities but did not inform me about the busy season where people irrepective of their skill sets and aspirations are expected to work

Interview Questions
    • I was given a case study about a retail bank facing a problem and was asked to provide a solution   Answer Question
    HR was really not ready to negotiate, and I already had another offer (Which was better in terms of compensation) - Finally I had to tell the HR to leave the case as I would not be able to join at what they were offering, this made them almost match the offer that I had and I joined beacuse of the Brand Name.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Campus hires have at least 2 rounds of interviews. The first round consists of an on-campus interview, generally 2 interviews of about 30 minutes each with 2 different people (Senior Manager or Above). The next round will probably be an on-site (Office) interview. This could be with 1 or 2 people, generally a Partner/Director performs the interview and the length of the interview is longer (up to 1 hour).

Interview Questions
    • None. Be yourself, know what is on your resume and be able to talk about your experiences. Try to think of a time when you were in a difficult situation on a team where someone didn't do their task(s). How did you respond? (hopefully calmly and the work was completed)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

I had a lot of phone interviews and then one in person interview. Patience is key.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

The hiring and interview process was not at all that difficult, the questions asked did not appear any different from the questions I had been asked at other firms. I had interviewed at other firms and found that although all firms were similar with regards to the work being performed, the environment offered by Deloitte better suited me. It was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in March 2012.

The process worked very well. They were very proactive. I felt like they were great which was not the case once I was hired and got to know them better.

Play hard to get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in August 2011.

The hiring process was very slow. They conduct initial phone interviews with HR first then they have you wait for a couple of weeks before you hear about the next round. You are made to interview with 4 different people and the response time is very slow

Interview Questions
    • what person in your life other than your parents and close family has had the greatest impact on your life and why?   Answer Question