Deloitte Economic Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

2nd round interview was all behavioral.
1st round was somewhat of a case interview

Interview Questions

• Asked about all the different kinds of items that can be under the umbrella of transfer pricing   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It was 2 1:1 interview on campus with Deloitte Tax for the Economic Consultant position. Because they were hiring primarily for consultants in the transfer pricing group, you really have to know a lot about transfer pricing before going into the interviews. So my advice to future candidates would be to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is transfer pricing? What are the different TP methods?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Flown in for a full day of interviews with staff, managers, senior managers and partners. It was an exhausting day, but much of it consisted on background information as well as some brain teasers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Economic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Hiring: first stage was a telephone interview which required me to send some sample writing containing economic concepts before hand. The telephone interview was standard competency and also briefly covered my writing sample.

The first stage was a 1-on-1 interview with a consultant. I was given a small case study and had to write about the underlying problems, using economic thinking and explain what the problems were. This was followed by a competency interview and a case study which I was eased in to. It required to apply basic economic theory on taxation, and so was straightforward. However, i was not told it was a competency interview before hand despite asking, so i felt under prepared.

Economic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview

Interview - Washington DC office

1st round interview was on campus.
    On campus interview consisted of a case interview and a fit interview. I met with three people for 30 minutes each.
    2nd round interview was at the office. Took the train, arrived by 9 am. I met with 16 people in the office that day. I would say that half were more senior levels and other half was junior levels. Most of the senior people were Economics Ph.D's.

My overall experience with Deloitte interviews was unpleasant. Office atmosphere was dead and silent. Junior people were nice but dull. Senior consultants and partners did not seem approachable nor friendly.