Deloitte Federal Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.5

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

30 min. phone interview for the first round. This was behavioral, so they mostly just asked me questions about my past experiences, why I was interested in consulting, etc. Specific questions from my resume. Then in the final round, they flew me to D.C. for more behavioral and case interviews. I had 2 case interviews back-to-back, and one behavioral. Interviewers were very nice and I didn't trip up during any of the interviews, but I don't think I was charismatic enough.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

1st round: 30 minute phone interview with a senior manager

2nd round: 2 hour interview process (see below)

30 minute introduction (presentation, questions, etc.)
    30 minute case study with a manager
    30 minute behavioral interview with a partner
    30 minute case study with a manager

Deloitte is more interested in your thought-process than getting the right answer in the case studies. Do not worry if you think you messed up. And don't get too ahead of yourself if you think you did great. Realistically, it's tough to know if you nailed the interview or didn't do well because there are a ton of factors that go into the process.

I really enjoyed my interview experience. From the partners to the managers to the recruiters, everyone was responsive, engaging, and insightful. I'm looking forward to working for the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Picked a specific item on my resume and asked me to talk about it
      Why federal consulting?
      What is a skill that you would bring to the table?
      Do you have any questions for me (very important)?

Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

We often look for insight into why candidates are interested in our organization and/or the specific practice area for which they are being interviewed. It's a great idea to think through this prior ... More

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through school career portal and online. Then 2 behavioral and 1 case. The person who administered the case was very handsoff. She barely talked at all, but then again, I was the last person to do the case, so she could have been tired. I asked for feedback but was denied.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What makes a good leader? Why consulting? What industry?   Answer Question

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process was good overall. The case questions are pretty hard, and if the interviewer is in a rush it can be tough. The people are all incredibly nice, however, the amount of time that it took them to get back to me was rather rude. They said 2-3 weeks and it took them 5.

Interview Questions

• Two cases that were basic quantitative and logic questions, but with a federal twit.   Answer Question

Federal Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty typical for a consulting firm: 30 minute case interview (pretty different from management consulting case questions -- more of a federal emphasis) and 30 minutes for behavioral questions. Case interview was relatively easy, but for the behavioral questions I got stuck with a guy who clearly did not want to be there, seemed disinterested the entire time, had no sense of humor, and shut the door in my face when the 30 minutes were up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult.   Answer Question

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting program. Got an interview, was asked mostly about how I handled difficult situations in leadership positions. I couldn't get a good read on the interviewer, but I don't think it went poorly. I think my key mistake may have been that I sent my interview thank-you email quite late.

I wasn't contacted afterwards until long after the next round of interviews was due to take place. I did receive some emails from a division other than the one I applied for. My attempts to contact my local recruiter and interview coordinator to clarify these emails were never acknowledged.

Interview Questions

• Were there any times when your efforts to repair a damaged group dynamic failed?   Answer Question

Federal Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty standard case questions and behavioral interview questions. I didn't feel like they were trying to catch me off guard. It was your usual "how did you handle a tough project, or what kind of questions would you start to get to a solution."

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions about mergers or onboarding processes.   Answer Question

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

First round interviews consisted of half an hour behavioral, half an hour case. Behavioral consisted of the typical teamwork, relationship building, integrity questions. Case was relatively structured. No real surprises. Interviewers were relatively pleasant and all have great experience and love the company.

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

I initially applied through on-campus recruiting and also directly to the company through their online portal because I was not sure if my OCR application was confirmed. A few days later I was manually added to the interview schedule by a lead campus recruiter in the Rosslyn office. I had a first round interview which consisted of a 30 minute behavior/resume interview and a 30 minute case study. My first case study was wonderful because the manager conducting the interview connected with me on an interpersonal level and made the process much less stressful. I received a call back that evening asking me to come to a second interview the following day which followed the same process (30 min. case/30 min. behavioral). The second case was much harder and the interviewer was less personal - I think the second day is a stress test because I don't know how anybody could successfully address each nuance of the second (more difficult case). Although the 2nd case interviewer was intimidating, it was important to remain confident, secure, and thorough in your responses. My 2nd behavioral/resume interview was great and less formulaic than the 1st day, considering the interviewer was a partner and was making final decisions. We talked about a variety of things both related and unrelated to the position - but it was important to frame each response in a way that showcased my qualifications for the position without being arrogant. Seemed like a "pizza and beer" test. In other words, would the partner be able to connect with me on an interpersonal level both inside and outside the office. Will I fit? Overall, the interview process was pleasant, stressful (as any interview process will be), efficient, and informative.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/Resume: Expect classic interview questions. Also be able to explain every little detail on your resume and how those details fit into the work you would be doing for the company. I was pushed hard on time-management skills. Prepare an answer for a question about leadership - whether it's your own style or one you try to emulate.

Case Study: You're expected to ask the "right" questions. So gather yourself, think about what you weren't told, and ask strategic questions to get more comprehensive answers from the interviewer.

1 Answer

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services center and was interviewed on campus. Prior to the interview, there were various meet-and-greet events, the final few which were closed-off to students granted interviews. All of these events were great opportunities to ask questions and get a feel for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• As most other posts report, mine was a standard one behavioral, one case per-day interview process. The first day, I had my case interview first and behavioral second (each 30 minutes). The second day, behavioral was first and case was second. I'd never done a case interview before, but after thorough practice with fellow students and reading Case & Point, I can say that I felt prepared for the two given to me on both interview days. Having said that, due to my general unfamiliarity with case interviews, I had know way of knowing if I'd done well or not. I just hoped that I'd explained myself clearly and logically.
      I spoke with partners on both days of my interviews, though I assume that those on the second day were higher up in the firm.

Answer Question