Deloitte

3.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

The interview consisted of a case study (mine was about how the Library of Congress could attract more younger, well-qualified employees). As I answered, they added more details to complicate the "case." The second part of the interview was a conversation with several interviewers about my professional experiences and general attitudes (talk about the time you were a leader, etc..)

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer asked how many people it would take to reach from New York to LA. The question was meant to test the way applicants think through a problem (hopefully logically), so if you have practiced answering this type of question, you should be able to think of a way to answer on the spot.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Federal Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I applied through my university's career services center and was interviewed on campus. Prior to the interview, there were various meet-and-greet events, the final few which were closed-off to students granted interviews. All of these events were great opportunities to ask questions and get a feel for the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • As most other posts report, mine was a standard one behavioral, one case per-day interview process. The first day, I had my case interview first and behavioral second (each 30 minutes). The second day, behavioral was first and case was second. I'd never done a case interview before, but after thorough practice with fellow students and reading Case & Point, I can say that I felt prepared for the two given to me on both interview days. Having said that, due to my general unfamiliarity with case interviews, I had know way of knowing if I'd done well or not. I just hoped that I'd explained myself clearly and logically.
      I spoke with partners on both days of my interviews, though I assume that those on the second day were higher up in the firm.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

I initially applied through on-campus recruiting and also directly to the company through their online portal because I was not sure if my OCR application was confirmed. A few days later I was manually added to the interview schedule by a lead campus recruiter in the Rosslyn office. I had a first round interview which consisted of a 30 minute behavior/resume interview and a 30 minute case study. My first case study was wonderful because the manager conducting the interview connected with me on an interpersonal level and made the process much less stressful. I received a call back that evening asking me to come to a second interview the following day which followed the same process (30 min. case/30 min. behavioral). The second case was much harder and the interviewer was less personal - I think the second day is a stress test because I don't know how anybody could successfully address each nuance of the second (more difficult case). Although the 2nd case interviewer was intimidating, it was important to remain confident, secure, and thorough in your responses. My 2nd behavioral/resume interview was great and less formulaic than the 1st day, considering the interviewer was a partner and was making final decisions. We talked about a variety of things both related and unrelated to the position - but it was important to frame each response in a way that showcased my qualifications for the position without being arrogant. Seemed like a "pizza and beer" test. In other words, would the partner be able to connect with me on an interpersonal level both inside and outside the office. Will I fit? Overall, the interview process was pleasant, stressful (as any interview process will be), efficient, and informative.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral/Resume: Expect classic interview questions. Also be able to explain every little detail on your resume and how those details fit into the work you would be doing for the company. I was pushed hard on time-management skills. Prepare an answer for a question about leadership - whether it's your own style or one you try to emulate.

Case Study: You're expected to ask the "right" questions. So gather yourself, think about what you weren't told, and ask strategic questions to get more comprehensive answers from the interviewer.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interviewed on campus with Deloitte. First round was two interviews: a 30 minute behavioral session and a 30 minute case. The case was of moderate difficulty and was generally open ended. The interviewer will give you guidance along the way, and they are interested in hearing your thought process.
    That night, they called the candidates that they wanted to come to interview the next day for what was the final round (also on campus). Same format as the first day (30 minutes behavioral, 30 minutes case).
    They got back to me with an offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with an extremely open ended case. My case dealt with a government agency being inefficient, though the inefficiency wasn't explained thoroughly, and you have to make a recommendation based on very incomplete information.   Answer Question

Federal Analyst Interview

I applied for the position through my university's career services website. I had 2 first-round interviews back to back - one behavioral and one case. My first interview was the case interview, which did not go so smoothly. I was the first person to be interviewed that day (at 8:00 or 9:00 in the morning), and my case interviewer was extremely disorganized. She had to repeat the case to me three times because she messed up the previous two times. This did not leave me with the best impression of the company. However, my following behavioral interview rectified that impression. The interviewer was very articulate, and I could tell that he was very passionate about his job. It was also clear that my behavioral interviewer was very impressed with my credentials and thought that I was a good fit. Nevertheless, I think that the case interview is what killed me, because I did not receive a second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

I was hired on campus during undergrad. There were several informational events before applications were due where you had to get to know the recruiter to up your chances of getting an interview. There were 4 interviews in 2 days: 1 case and 1 behavioral each day , if you got called back for day 2 of course.

Interview Questions
    • How many flights leave per day from an airport of your choice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

The interviews were great - the interviewers were very friendly and easy to engage. I had a first round phone interview for about 30 min. It took a few weeks for me to hear back regarding that first interview, which was surprising (although I was told that they'd need extra time), but I was ultimately offered to move on to the next (and final) round, which consisted of two case interviews (nerve-racking, but if you prepared ahead of time and were doing well in your practice case interviews for prep, you should be fine) and one "behavioral" interview (essentially a normal "tell me about yourself" thing with a Partner in the firm).

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of anything that was particularly difficult or unexpected. If I haven't been well-prepared, though, I'd say the case interviews in general would've been pretty tough.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was involved, but then again, I didn't attempt to negotiate. I kind of doubt there was any leeway for bargaining, though, even had I tried.

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Two rounds of Interviews - Each round consists of one case and one behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions in the behavioral interview were fairly straight forward. The case interview was difficult but manageable. During the case interview stay calm and show that you can work effectively and logically under pressure. Remember that getting the "correct" answer isn't necessary and that the more important thing is to effectively display your analytical skills and reasoning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2012.

I came in on an employee referral. The application process started with a phone interview, with basic questions (why Deloitte? and why consulting?...) Next, I came to DC for a day that consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews. The first interview was a fairly difficult quant. case, the second, was a basic behavioral interview (tell me a time when...) and the third was another case that focused more on understanding the issue/case and the various factors that could help or hinder.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiating, the offer was above average. However, I did negotiate a small signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2011.

Submitted my resume online through on-campus recruiting and was then selected for an on-campus interview 2-3 weeks later. The on-campus interview began with a 30 minute 1 on 1 case interview The first case lasted 15 minutes and was about a federal agency (the case was based on a real federal agency undergoing change). The second case was a quick, quantitative/estimation case that involved calculating some multiplication and percentage problems which I did poorly on.

Immediately after the 30-minute case interview ended I had a 30-minute 1 on 1 behavioral interview with another senior manager. Just a standard "tell me about a time you..." type behavioral interview. That evening I received a phone call inviting me back the next day for the second day of on-campus interviews. Again, on the second day there was a 30 minute case interview with a director followed by a 30 minute behavioral interview with a senior manager. These followed the exact same format as the previous day's. I received an offer over the phone about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral: "Tell me about a time you worked in a team and had trouble with a team member"   Answer Question

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!