Deloitte

Updated May 12, 2014

3.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Very straight-forward and professional process. Round one consisted of 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case interview based on a past project at Deloitte. Round two consisted of a 45 minute case interview with two partners. I then spoke with a partner on the phone for 10-15 minutes. The case interview workshop and networking reception were extremely helpful in the interview process. In preparing, focus on challenges the federal government faces, rather than commercial case interview prep.

Interview Questions
  • What challenge do most anticipate working at Deloitte?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

The interviews followed the expected format, but planning for them involved a lot of back and forth with the recruiter. After the recruiter had already rescheduled my interviews twice, both of my first round interviewers contacted me within 24 hours of the scheduled time to reschedule. The first round consisted of two 30-40 minute phone interviews (1 behavioral, 1 short case). The behavioral was very informal, and the interviewer really friendly and open. The case began with a long intro/prompt and the interviewer was hard to read. For the second round, I had a 2-on-1 interview at the office. The interviewers were really friendly and made the process run seamlessly.

Interview Questions

The base salary offer was substantially lower than another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

Case interview was primarily interviewer led -not like MBB. Behanvioral interview was very focused on experience, tough when you wentstraight from undergrad to grad school. Inteviewer was hostile.

Interview Questions
    • I see you dont have any full time work experience - how do you think you can handle working full time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in September 2011.

First contact with a Deloitte recruiter after I had submitted application online. Phone interview was about 30 minutes, questions were focused on education and career. Received a response within days that I could move on to the next round. Weeks of playing phone and email tag followed, as panel interview could not be scheduled for some reason. Finally, I spoke with three people (2 sr. managers, 1 manager) for about 30 minutes each. One case study with a few behavioral questions, 2 interviews with your classic set of behavioral questions. People were friendly though you could tell that you're just a number for them, as managers hurried from one interview to the next. One interviewer constantly played with her Blackberry, pointing out that you get one on company cost at Deloitte. The other interviewer was badly prepared since she had the wrong resume in front of her, which she noticed after I told her my correct name.

Interview Questions

Declined offer, as: (1) interview process was too disorganized with meetings being scheduled and rescheduled multiple times; and (2) atmosphere at panel interview was not engaging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

I submitted my resume and within the week I got an e-mail for a phone interview (which was also conducted within the week). The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, and I only did fair, but a few days later I got offered to by flown to DC for the final interview. Two 30-45 minutes interviews (one case study one personality) and one shorter 15 minute interview. I left thinking I did decent, but didn't get the job. However, the entire process ended up being really fun and everyone was extremely nice and supportive--even though I was super-nervous.

Interview Questions
    • I got caught off guard in a networking event and asked what I want to do in the future.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in May 2010.

2-3 Phone Screeners then an interview day with 30 minute interviews with a PPD. Each of the 30 minute interviews will focus on something specific: 1. Typical Background and skills 2. Case Study Interview 3. Behavioral questions but more like the first.

Federal Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2011.

There were several sessions offered at my campus where Deloitte would present a review of their interviewing process followed by an opportunity to network and ask questions. I submitted a resume and was called to set-up an interview. The first interview was half 1:1 behavioral style with the interviewer asking me questions. I recommend responding in story format to make it more interesting. Provide examples. The second half of the interview was a mini-case involving some math and logical thinking. I was called later that evening to set-up my second round interview for the following day. The second interview had the same format as the first, but the case was more involved. This gave you an opportunity to meet several faces of the company and get a variety of perspectives to any questions you have. Confident and conversational candidates seemed to do well. You need to be able to think logically out loud during the case interview aspect so the interviewer can follow your thought process. Each part of the interview was 15 minutes.

New hires are paired with a mentor and regularly receive performance evaluations. It is a company that appears to have a strong community.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been part of a team that was particularly effective? Describe.   View Answer

Federal Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Many unofficial events to interact and meet Deloitte practitioners. Although they may be happy hours, info sessions, etc. I would consider them informal interviews to see if you would be a good cultural fit for their organization. Informal Culture tests: 3+ events to interact with practitioners on/near campus. Typically HR is present at all the functions. Formal interviews: 1st round (2 back to back, behavioral and case with managers). 2nd round with partner (case + conversation).

Great people, great culture.

Interview Questions

Compensation was average for federal consulting. (MBA applicant). Had other offers with better compensation package. All else equal (compensation-wise), or less than 5% difference, I would have chosen Deloitte for culture, learning opportunity, etc.