Deloitte Finance Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later recruiter called requesting a phone interview. It went well and I moved forward to my 2nd phone interview with a senior manager. I feel like it went well too. Was told I'd definitely hear back either way regarding a decision and never did. The pros - they are very accommodating with scheduling interviews around your current priorities. The con - never heard back and being kept in limbo for months afterwards. Overall, I felt the interviews were easy and not intimidating as one would perceive of a BiG 4 firm. Just be prepared to give solid examples of your experience and link them to the job applied to.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard STAR questions. Lots of questions about forecasting experience, accruals etc. typical accounting/finance jargon.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

polite interviewers. Detailed oriented questions, the recruiter and subsequent manager with whom I interviewed with made it very easy for me. The only cons were that the interviewer was in a bit of a rush as they were conducting multiple interviews on that same day, so i felt that i did not always have their full attention. Was told immediartely on the spot that i had gotten the job so in the end it worked out

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Hyderābād (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

It all depends upon the service line and kind of profile you have got a call for. If it is for a Management Process, then there will be a initial scanning by HR and the India Business Manager. They will probably go with 4-5 profile and will select 2-3 out of it. They will have a initial discussion probably over a phone and will forward the eligible case to US. A Telephonic interview will be taken on US. This going to be the most critical. Most of the time it is 1:1 but it can also be taken by a Panel.

It the person is selected, then HR may call the candidate to office for a face to face meeting. This is more of a formalities unless there is a exceptional case.

Just to add, there is a communication test that a candidate has to pass, as Deloitte stress a lot on Communication. It is more like a IELTS or any other recognised English Test.

In a week or so, they will make the final decision and will share the news with the Candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte ?   Answer Question
    • They may give you a situation (Like a businees Case) and will ask how will you deal with it or may ask from your own experience what was the most challenging project you did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Deloitte do not encourage the Negotiation, as they work a lot on their Brand Equity.

Most of the time, they will give a good offer, which may not lead to Negotiation.