Deloitte

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an e-mail within one or two days from HR. After a 30 minute phone call going over my resume they scheduled me for an interview that week. Interview was at their location and took an hour and a half. The interview consisted of three parts each with a different person. One was a case study and the other two were more of a discussion of my background and the company.

Second interview was over the phone with one of the partners and took less than 30 minutes. Mainly just going over my experience and the company.

I did not hear anything back after two weeks so I politely e-mailed the HR representative I'd been working with asking if I was still being considered. The HR representative said that they would contact me regarding my interviews and they never did. I had already assumed that I didn't get the job but I think at the very least their HR department should be professional enough to tell people that they are no longer being considered.

Interview Question – The case interview question. They provide a situation and want you to know how you would solve the problem. The question was more designed to see my problem solving process and how I approached a problem.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in September 2013.

Interview Details – On-campus behavioral + small case

Interview Question – About a ATM fraud detection   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – I met the company through a recruiter from my school's career fair and was asked to come back to on campus interviews. I was interviewed by two managers and the experience was good, but a little intimidating. The first interview asked some behavioral questions but also a case study. The second was more or less the same but with a more in depth look at my resume. All in all it was a good experience.

Interview Question – The case study kind of caught me off guard. It was a little vague and asked about information system databases. I was allowed to ask questions to further improve on my answer.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was too drawn out for my liking. There was an utter disregard for how many personal hours a candidate must take, in order to jump through the hoops of the process, The work culture seemed extremely competitive mono e mono environment, & not a helpful team approach.

Interview Questions

• Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses: What's your main weakness?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you failed to complete a task, & what was the outcome..   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Just didn't feel there was a good fit & got a much healthier offer within a much more balanced work environment.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in January 2013.

Interview Details – I attended multiple different networking sessions with the firm including information sessions and other events held on campus. Once available I applied for a posting on the campus career management network. I was accepted for an interview and a pre-interview dinner with all the other potential candidates who had interviews and the interviewers. The diner was casual and allowed for more networking. The next day was a behavioural interview with two interviewers that took approximately 30 mins and had a heavy behavioural focus.

Interview Question – Was asked to comment on why my academic performance was not as high as some of the other potential candidates.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation available

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round - Aptitude with quant, verbal , logical , c programming, sql
2nd round - case study
3rd round - technical interview
4th round - hr interview

Interview Question – The questions were general and simple in hr interview
In technical interview questions are asked from your resume, , projects, etc
  Answer Question

Nicosia (Cyprus)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and then 3 face to face interviews. final one was with managing director and CEO

Interview Question – why did you get low grades in your bachelor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Send a CV- Get an interview- do a Business case resolution- get a response

Interview Question – why did you choose this job?   View Answer

Financial Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in April 2011.

Interview Details – You get a call from the HR and reserve a date for Communication test.
once you clear that test you go for the business round.
depending on the position you will have 1 to 3 business rounds.
one done you will get am email from the HR, If selected it will contain the offer letter and then you can negotiate.
one you accept the offer you get a joining date.

Interview Question – Why This Company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It depends on the business and how desperate is the company to fill the position. how ever in my company the negotiation will fetch you and extra 5 to 10 % of salary not more.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!