Deloitte

Updated Nov 19, 2014

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Invited to pre-interview networking event and pre-interview Ace the Case Workshop. Interview consisted of 30 min behavioural part (Why Deloitte, why consulting etc) and a 30 min Case Interview. The Case interview was easy and both interviewers were very polite. However, while they both said at the end of the interview that I was great and they liked my organization and thought process I did not pass to the next round [god knows why].

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Attended campus info session and networked with alums, applied on campus, got 2 phone interviews a few weeks later, then got invited to superday in the office. Heard back about hiring decision within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Standard fit and technical questions, nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

2 Round Interview Process. The first round is usually on a Thursday and consist of 30 minute behavioral and a 30 minute case. The second round is a 45 minute case and more detailed. During the behavioral I walked the recruiter through my resume. They are really looking for individuals that enjoy technology and solving problems. The first case was easy just make sure you are confident and talk the technology language.

Interview Questions
    • 2nd round: A company that sells automobiles in the US and Canada is looking to merge CRM systems.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Really tough, 6 interviewers. Went back and forth with different groups to determine which group is a good fit. Seemed unorganized and crazy. Wanted me to relocate then changed their mind at the last minute so this really helped me make my decision.

NA - Just glad to have a job

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in June 2014.

Applied on-line and was contacted by a recruiter via a form email requesting time for an initial conversation. The initial conversation occurred less than 1 week after the form email was sent, less than 15 minutes long, and was a simple review of my experience and reasons for leaving my employers. Within 1 week, I received another email (this one from a different person in the recruiting group) confirming a technical interview with 2 Senior Managers. The technical interview included direct questions concerning the subject matter related to the role I applied for and my experience with the subject matter. The call lasted approximately 45 minutes. Approximately 1 week later, I received an email confirming the details of my trip for in-person office interviews. Within another week after confirming all of the details of my trip, I flew up to (all travel expenses paid) my in-person office interviews. I spent the night before in a local hotel and had my first interview at 9AM with a Director. The Director detailed the structure of the team and the processes associated with conducting the projects - the remainder of the time was spent answering behavioural questions; I also answered a question on my compensation, but that was the only time I was asked. The next interview was with a senior manager and was a mix of technical and behavioural questions. The third and final interview was with a manager and was highly technical. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I wrote a quick note of thanks to my recruiter and asked for the email addresses of those I interviewed with so that I may thank them as well and received a response indicating preliminary feedback was good. The next morning, I received an email from the recruiter asking that I call her back because they were ready to move forward with an offer. I immediately called my recruiter and accepted the offer, which was more than agreeable (approximately 22.2% more than my current salary and included a signing bonus). Hiring process was a series of emails requiring that I fill out the regular tax forms and email them accordingly, as well as schedule travel for my orientation session - I also had to supply recent paystubs. The entire process from the first email to the offer and acceptance was precisely 3 weeks. Start date was contingent upon orientation class schedule, which was every 2 weeks and had to allow for the background check to clear (the background check took 2 weeks).

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself a process and controls person, or a technical person?   View Answer
    No negotiation was necessary, as the salary and signing bonus were more than agreeable.

Tax Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in April 2014.

The interview process was fairly typical for an entry level tax consultant position. More than anything, the interview was much more focused on personality fit, though I do not know if this is because the position was entry level or because the practice group had already made a decision as to who it would hire. With enough background research, you can sound as if you're truly interested in the position, even if you're not.

Interview Questions
    • The most obvious, yet difficult question asked was why the interviewer should choose to you over anyone else for the job.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

I was contacted by a Deloitte Consulting recruiter through LinkedIn - I have 10+ years experience implementing government healthcare systems and 20+ years of solid IT project experience.

I had two calls with the Deloitte recruiter and both went very well. Then I had a technical interview with a senior manager who had lead the technical design work for a very large project they had bid on - the project they were recruiting for - in government healthcare. According to the recruiter, I did extremely well and he schedule the local office visit.

The day before the office interview visit, the recruiter called me and said he had forgotten to ask my current salary. I told him my current salary and there was a long silence. I asked if my current salary was inline with their compensation plan and he said it would not be an issue. The tone of the recruiter's voice was noticably different than it was at the beginning of the call.

The next day I went to the office and started with the case study. The interviewer was young and a bit nerdy but appeared to be very smart. The case study was not related to healthcare IT but according to the recruiter, I nailed it. He said that most people who fail, fail on the case study portion of the interview.

The other two interviews were rather strange. One guy was a partner. He was about my age but appeared to be at least 20 years older. He spent most of our scheduled 30 minutes telling me about the previous day when he arrived at the airport and found the tire on his new MB was flat. He was outraged that the dealer wanted to charge him $1,000 for a new rim - and how he couldn't possibly have bent a rim on his new expensive car. I asked him a lot of questions about why the firm wanted to get into the government healthcare IT space. He admitted that he had no healthcare experience and his response was basically - we've studied the market and that's where the money is.

The other guy, a senior manager, appeared to be recovering from a serious case of jet lag. He asked a few strange questions. He was reading them from his laptop and even he found them difficult to read out loud. They appeared to be a bunch of buzz words strung together in an attempt to form a hypothetical question. I obviously bombed this interview because the questions were so absurd.

I have a master degree from a top tier school and significant industry experience and I thought that two of the three interviews were a total waste of time. This was an opportunity for Deloitte to impress me and to sell me on coming to work for them. After all, they are trying to break into a mature industry that my current company has dominated for three decades. Instead, they appeared to have one bright young consultant and two burned out members of their 'leadership" team who are showing up just to fulfill their obligatory interview time on Friday after a week of being out of town.

I left the interview knowing that I would probably not receive an offer and if I did, I was probably not going to accept it. I was disappointed that I had wasted a day off, but there was one benefit from going through the interview experience. If Deloitte's arcane interview process does not change, and they are only interested in hiring androids, then the companies that dominate the healthcare IT industry do not need to worry about Deloitte winning any new business.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

It was very engaging, and all the professionals that I met were extremely helpful as well as passionate about their work.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to sleep if you were to give a presentation to a CEO of a firm the next day?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

I networked with people from the office, attended Deloitte events, attended info sessions. The interview was two rounds. The first round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview followed by a 30 minute Technology case. The second round consisted of a 15 minute behavioral interview with a Partner followed by a 45 minute Technology case with a Senior Manager. Surprisingly, none of the cases had any numbers in them. I found these cases easier than typical S&O cases.

To prepare practice the two cases on the website, read about SDLC, CRM and ERP systems. Be structured in your thought process and take a couple of seconds to think things through.

Interview Questions
    I didn't try and negotiate since it was for an internship position

BTA Summer Scholar Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte in February 2014.

Round 1- 30 min behavioral/30 min case study on financial company who acquired multiple companies and needs to move to one reporting system

Round 2- 45 min with partner on data management