Deloitte Interview Questions in Georgia

Updated Jul 4, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Invited to pre-interview networking event and pre-interview Ace the Case Workshop. Interview consisted of 30 min behavioural part (Why Deloitte, why consulting etc) and a 30 min Case Interview. The Case interview was easy and both interviewers were very polite. However, while they both said at the end of the interview that I was great and they liked my organization and thought process I did not pass to the next round [god knows why].

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Attended campus info session and networked with alums, applied on campus, got 2 phone interviews a few weeks later, then got invited to superday in the office. Heard back about hiring decision within a week.

Interview Questions

• Standard fit and technical questions, nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

2 Round Interview Process. The first round is usually on a Thursday and consist of 30 minute behavioral and a 30 minute case. The second round is a 45 minute case and more detailed. During the behavioral I walked the recruiter through my resume. They are really looking for individuals that enjoy technology and solving problems. The first case was easy just make sure you are confident and talk the technology language.

Interview Questions

• 2nd round: A company that sells automobiles in the US and Canada is looking to merge CRM systems.   Answer Question

Summer Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

First at career fair, then received campus interview, and then office visit. There was a preinterview dinner in campus and everybody was present. The whole process may take a month or so.

Interview Questions

• What would you want to do in the following few years? All about personal behavior questions. Two 1-1 interview with a manager and a partner.   Answer Question

Federal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting (MPH/MSPH), and there were about 12 of us who received an invitation for an interview. The first round interview consisted of 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case interview. The behavioral interview was conducted by an alumni of my graduate school, but he seemed more interested in my undergraduate degree. He was put off by the fact that much of my experience was laboratory research. The case interview did not consist of any estimation questions, and was very general. There was practically no math involved. She gave me a set of numbers and asked 'what trends do you see in these numbers?'

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I am a student, and Deloitte recruits heavily at my campus. The interviewing process takes place over the course of a few months and entails many social interactions before the actual interview. There are many dinners and social events that take place in order to give students the opportunity to meet professionals. After establishing relationships, I was interviewed by a professional that I was comfortable with and knew well. It was a very casual interview, with no behavioral questions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Really tough, 6 interviewers. Went back and forth with different groups to determine which group is a good fit. Seemed unorganized and crazy. Wanted me to relocate then changed their mind at the last minute so this really helped me make my decision.

Negotiation

NA - Just glad to have a job

ERS Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line and was contacted by a recruiter via a form email requesting time for an initial conversation. The initial conversation occurred less than 1 week after the form email was sent, less than 15 minutes long, and was a simple review of my experience and reasons for leaving my employers. Within 1 week, I received another email (this one from a different person in the recruiting group) confirming a technical interview with 2 Senior Managers. The technical interview included direct questions concerning the subject matter related to the role I applied for and my experience with the subject matter. The call lasted approximately 45 minutes. Approximately 1 week later, I received an email confirming the details of my trip for in-person office interviews. Within another week after confirming all of the details of my trip, I flew up to (all travel expenses paid) my in-person office interviews. I spent the night before in a local hotel and had my first interview at 9AM with a Director. The Director detailed the structure of the team and the processes associated with conducting the projects - the remainder of the time was spent answering behavioural questions; I also answered a question on my compensation, but that was the only time I was asked. The next interview was with a senior manager and was a mix of technical and behavioural questions. The third and final interview was with a manager and was highly technical. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I wrote a quick note of thanks to my recruiter and asked for the email addresses of those I interviewed with so that I may thank them as well and received a response indicating preliminary feedback was good. The next morning, I received an email from the recruiter asking that I call her back because they were ready to move forward with an offer. I immediately called my recruiter and accepted the offer, which was more than agreeable (approximately 22.2% more than my current salary and included a signing bonus). Hiring process was a series of emails requiring that I fill out the regular tax forms and email them accordingly, as well as schedule travel for my orientation session - I also had to supply recent paystubs. The entire process from the first email to the offer and acceptance was precisely 3 weeks. Start date was contingent upon orientation class schedule, which was every 2 weeks and had to allow for the background check to clear (the background check took 2 weeks).

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a process and controls person, or a technical person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary, as the salary and signing bonus were more than agreeable.

Tax Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly typical for an entry level tax consultant position. More than anything, the interview was much more focused on personality fit, though I do not know if this is because the position was entry level or because the practice group had already made a decision as to who it would hire. With enough background research, you can sound as if you're truly interested in the position, even if you're not.

Interview Questions

• The most obvious, yet difficult question asked was why the interviewer should choose to you over anyone else for the job.   1 Answer

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

There interviews went all afternoon. The first interview was a behavioral interview followed by a technical interview. After the first interview portion selected candidates were asked to return for another behavioral interview and case study.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions during the behavioral interview concerning when was a time that my idea was not the best or got in the way and how did I adapt.   Answer Question