Deloitte

Relevance Date Difficulty

ERS Consultant Interview

ERS Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school's portal. Received an email which stated the 1st round interview selections, as well as a dinner the night before.

The email consisted of everyone's names who has been picked and the process for which the interviews will be conducted.

1st round was with two managers 30 minutes back-to-back. Two candidates are selected for that hour window, and they switch with each other midway through. This might create a tunnel vision to compete with one person, which is not true.

Both interviewers asked about behaviors/team work experience with allotted time for questions at the end. One was more focused on the resume.

Received an email one week later with no offer for an office visit.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you and your team had vague instructions on a project and the things you did to overcome that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process starts off with a call with the recruiter. The recruiter will want to know what is that you are interested in doing, why are you looking to change jobs, your career interests and make a general assessment of your fit. If deemed a possible fit you will be contacted to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen is done by a senior manager if you are applying for a manager position. The phones screen lasts about 30 minutes and generally doesn't get into the depth of your skills but will cover the breadth - domains, industries, technologies, etc. If the phone screen goes well you get called in for an office interview. There are three office interviews on the same day. The interviews are taken by three different people one of them being a partner or director. One interview focuses on your technical skills if you are applying for a position in the technology practice, one will be a business case and one will focus on core consulting attributes. After the interviews the three interviewers meet to discuss your performance and determine if an offer should be extended. If an offer is to be extended the recruiter will call you in about 1-2 weeks and extend the offer.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was - Which three people that you don't know do you admire the most and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary negotiation went on for 2 days at the end of which we met in the middle. They often also try to negotiate title and bring you in one level below what you at currently. If you have enough experience and skills to come in at your current level and stand your ground you can come in at your current level. I have never seen anyone joining Deloitte one level higher.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2009.

Interview Details – I landed an interview through a college career fair. The interview process was fairly smooth and consisted of 5 interviews over the course of 2 days. Everything happens very fast in these interviews though. The first day was split between the personality interview, a case interview, and a quick discussion with one of the partners. The second day was another panel case interview along with a 1:1 discussion.

Interview Question – Case interviews - be prepared and know how to properly approach this type of interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – 1 phone screen with HR, 1 technical phone screen and then f2f with 4 sr. managers; one case presentation

Interview Question – Tell me about an unhappy client you've had and how you handled it-   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a package and I accepted after 24 hrs of thought - no negotions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – pre-screening, background check, 3 in office interviews

Interview Question – how to handle difficult people   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation through recruiter

Strategy & Operations Intern Interview

Strategy & Operations Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – First and the second round placed on the same day. First round 30min behavioral& 30min case interview. Behavioral interview went really went even though he was a senior manager he tried his best to put me at a ease I suppose. Case interview got rushed through I don't know what the heck was going on, it was their scheduling issue; as soon as I walked into a room, a guy said "we are running behind the schedule, we gotta run this through quickly, sorry I have to rush you" and kept pouring question. They were to let me know the result by an hour after the interview and I did not make it to the second round, but I knew I did pretty well. Recruiter said the position was extremely competitive one. Well, I didnt get it. That's what matters.

Interview Question – I guess I just had a bad luck with business case interview. He not only rushed me through, but also poured tons of questions, I think it was total 6 questions and I answered to the each question successively. At the end, I asked "did I ask your question?", the guy said "Oh well, you didn't answer my first question." I jotted down stuff that he told me on three pages of notepad. He was just not a concise communicator and just going all over with me or the question was all over.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in February 2012.

Interview Details – Oncampus interview followed by an interview in Atlanta

Interview Question – The process is very predictable ... not mind twisters ....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations . Deloitte offers a very comprehensive package that is tough to beat.

Federal Health Consultant Interview

Federal Health Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through school career center. Was contacted about participating in the interview day. Deloitte already held a presentation on campus about potential employment, which was informative. Interview day was split into two parts. Round 1 was in the morning, with a basic case study and personal interviews. Was called during lunch and invited to Round 2 in the afternoon. Round 2 was the same format, just longer interviews. They narrowed down to final candidates that day, but told us to expect to hear within 2 weeks by phone.

Interview Question – Case Study: Hired as a consultant to work with a regional health provider group. Leadership wants to improve communication channels and patient experience. Need to provide a detailed plan for directing the contract   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2012.

Interview Details – I got my interview through networking and therefore walked a very non-traditional path. The interview process was very smooth and friendly with some technical questions but mostly situational and fit questions.

Interview Question – Walk us through a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was advised not to negotiate and considering the job climate and the offer I gladly accepted without hesitation.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was extremely impressed with the entire process. Although it seemed pretty shallow at the time. I didn't have to field any case studies etc. I was working at IBM and was a referral. I had one phone interview with a recruiter on a Monday, one phone interview with a manager that Wednesday, 3 in person interviews the following Friday in Atlanta (they flew me there).

Interview Question – We just chatted really... I was expecting much more but this was back in 2007 and times were good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. I requested more and they said no. I requested the signing bonus be added to my salary instead and they said no.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Deloitte