Deloitte Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency for a position in the ITRM practice. The process took 1 week. Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers. A day later A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. Then shortly after then they brought me in for in person interviews in one day.

Interview Questions

• They proposed a hypothetical problem and asked me to resolve it. Each person asked their own questions and they seemed to be making it up as they went along.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered the salary and they accepted my counter offer. Always negotiate.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a recruiter contact me through LinkedIn for the position. I had one phone interview with a senior manager and three in-person interviews with a principal, director and a manager. The phone interview last about 30 minutes while each of the in-person interviews last between 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic with asking about personal life, past jobs and experience. Why did you apply for the job and why do you want this job. Do you feel qualified for the position?   Answer Question

Human Capital Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career center by submitting a resume, cover letter, and an application through Deloitte's website. Got an invitation to interview. First round: behavioral (1), individual case (1). Second round: behavioral (1), individual case (1), group case (1). The process was fairly strict but instructions and deadlines were clear. There were two workshops: one for practicing individual cases, and one for practicing group cases. Both interview rounds were at Deloitte's office, not on campus.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

on campus recruiter; taken out to dinner; 3 rounds; offer; during interview they just ask questions to see if you're prepared and if you can communicate well (logical thinking; brief and to the point, well thought out answers, have a decent personality and not some nerd)

Tax Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed through campus recruiting program. Process took a while...two weeks before I heard back for office visit to Houston and then a month before I got an offer. No difficult questions and everyone was extremely friendly and hospitable. But it takes a while!!!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions...all interviews were relaxed and just trying to get to know you.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through the school for a campus interview and was accepted. Briefly met with a couple of current audit associates in the lobby area before I started two separate 30 minute interviews. The first interview was with an audit manager and the second was with an audit partner. Both asked similar questions that were either behavioral or in regards to my resume.

Tax Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

very easy - be yourself. Show your intelligence without being cocky. Dress nicely in a suit or suit and tie. Be polite. Ask about the interviewees history there. Speak about social issues but don't be political. Address interviewer as Ms or Sir

Tax Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a connection with a recruiter in the Atlanta office, and she referred me to a recruiter in the Houston office. The Houston recruiter contacted me and we set up an office visit for a few weeks later. I first interviewed with a Tax Director and then got a tour of a few floors of the office. Two younger employees took me out to lunch and answered any other questions I had. I got a call from the recruiter the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something your way. Tell me about a time in which you used creativity in leadership.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Deloitte recruits heavily through my school, so there were a number of pre-interview events including a case study workshop. I attended all of them and felt like I made a strong connection with the representatives. First round is broken up into two parts, a behavioral assessment and a case study assessment each with a different senior-level manager/partner. The second round is a case study with another partner and this is primarily a cultural-fit assessment.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know the basics of software development, there are a couple of sample case studies on deloitte's website. Other than that the behavior portions of the interviews are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

There were multiple rounds of interviews and tests. The first few rounds were with HR and some skills test. The final round consisted of multiple 1:1 interviews which covered past internship experiences and some behavioral and technical questions.