Deloitte Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.3

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I received an interview after applying online post career fair and through an employee referral. The behavioral interview was straight forward, but the case interview was more challenging than I expected. Be prepared by practicing case interviews from their online resources and practice WITH SOMEONE. It will help tremendously and you won't be caught off guard by the oral presentation of the case.

Interview Questions

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Great advice! Mock interviews are a great way to prepare. Here's a link to learn more about our consulting case interviews ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

phone interview including a 30-min behavioral questions and a 30-min case analysis. For the case interview, it is nothing special. But considering the position, it focuses on human capital. But for the behavioral one, questions are kind of tricky. The recruiter is pretty nice. Send several email and make a call to confirm the schedule. Quick email response. Anyway it is a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a experience that people come to ask for your help or advice and why they come to you   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview through campus recruiting. Resume drop, coffee chat, then and invitation to first round interviews. Interview was a 30 min behavioral and 30 min case study. Make sure you go to the coffee chat and talk to re recruiters there! A few people at the coffee chat did not get first round interview invitations. Nothing out of the ordinary, went through resume. Case study was a lot tougher, kept grilling on the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Which department within human capital do you want to work for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews for the Human Capital sector of the Deloitte Nat. Leadership Conference. 1st round: 1 behavioral, 1 case 2nd round (Blitz): 1 behavioral, 1 case, 1 group case Overall a good experience. Recruiters and analysts alike were extremely friendly and considerate of all of the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Reliability in team settings, describe times you faced difficulties, approaches for when you didn't know how to handle a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter from Deloitte reached out to me to via email. We arranged a call and spoke for 30 minutes about my background, the position and my salary expectations. The next week I came in and had three 30 minute in-person interviews. The first was a case study with a Specialist Manager, the second a consulting interview with a Senior Manager and the third a technical interview with a Senior Manager. My advice for the case study is to just organize your thoughts, ask questions and think out loud. They're not looking for the correct answer, they're looking to see your thought processes. There are plenty of examples online to help prepare. The last two interviews were very easy. They were just simple conversations about my background and the position at Deloitte and they didn't grill me on anything. This interview went well, but unfortunately everything went downhill afterward. HR emailed me the next day saying everything went well and that I should expect an offer in 1-2 days. A week later I get an email saying I need to speak with a Director first and that they will schedule that for me in the next 24 hours. A week goes by and I hear nothing. I ask for an update and get no response. Another week goes by and I ask for an update again and they tell me they that will schedule the call with the Director soon. ANOTHER week goes by and they finally schedule the final phone interview with the Director a couple days later. The phone call was a 20 minute behavioral interview done over the phone while the interviewer was driving. Behavioral interviews are annoying enough as is, but doing it over the phone with someone in their car while their reception was going in and out? I waited a month for this? Another two weeks go by before I finally get the offer, which ended up being a lowball offer at a position lower than what was discussed. Definitely negotiate any offer--they didn't budge on the salary, but they did offer a signing bonus. This whole interview process was a negative experience. The employer is typically supposed to treat you well during the interview process since they're trying to convince you to work there. However, Deloitte routinely ignored my emails, provided me with non answers and lacked the courtesy you should extend to any fellow human being, let alone any prospective employee. If you need a job and have no problems with being worked into the ground by a rude employer for mediocre pay, Deloitte is the place for you.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The process took 4+ weeks and initially started through the on-campus recruiting system at my school. I attended as many on-campus events that the company held at various locations at my school in order to familiarize myself with the recruiters, employees, and the company itself; this is highly encouraged because when it comes down to crunch time, they can put a face to a piece of paper and they already know that you have invested some time in getting to know their company/show interest. They do an impeccable job with these events (professional attire/the way they represent the company/offer food/deliver great presentations/hand out Deloitte branded items). I submitted my resume online through our school's website and applied through their website online. I heard via email that I was selected to the first-round interviews at our career center. This consisted of one 30-minute case interview and one 30-minute behavioral interview, back-to-back with a senior manager and a partner, respectively. The case was challenging, especially because it was my first case interview. However, if you stay poised, calmly walk through your thought processes and analyses, explain your answer in a structured manner, and are not afraid to ask clarifying/guiding questions, you should be fine. The behavioral one was simpler for me because I turned the interview into a pleasant conversation. Here is where you sell your personality to the experienced practitioner. Make sure you know your resume like the back of your hand and that you can not only explain everything concisely/efficiently, but also how you can circle it back to being able to use what you learned in your experiences at their firm. Most important of all, use this opportunity to show them who you really are. They are looking to invest in your brain, exploit your strengths, and refine your weaknesses not only for the betterment of the company, but for your personal, professional development as well. A week later, I was invited to attend the Blitz day at their office in Rosslyn. The recruiting team did a superb job of putting on this whirl-wind of a weekend. It kicked off by arriving at the hotel in which they had all of the out-of-town potential candidates stay at. Prospects, employees, managers, and recruiters alike attended an exquisite 3-course dinner that served as a networking event and opportunity to get to learn about the myriad of projects the practitioners were currently engaged in. The evening flew by and the next day proved to be a marathon. From 8am-3pm we each partook in a group presentation, panels to learn more about the company, and two 30-minute behavioral interviews and one 30-minute case interview with lunch in between. The case was much easier for me this time after getting sufficient practice in between interview rounds. Practice and repetition with different types of case studies is key to getting them down. The behavioral ones were again, enjoyable conversations that essentially sold me on the company. Aside from the interviews, this particular office boasted its incredible view of the nation's capital which was, without a doubt, a major selling-point. It is imperative to stay composed throughout the whole day, as your utmost attention and sharpest responses are needed to succeed. The day is over before you know it, and Deloitte is focusing on figuring out whether you are right for them, and if they are right for you. Half-way through the following week I received a call from one of the partners, extending an offer to me that I thought was fair, given my qualifications and work experience. Everyone was very helpful and nice throughout the entire process, making my final decision that much easier.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time when your integrity was challenged, and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by invitation to attend "Blitz" day in NYC. Blitz was a gerat experience, lots of networking, dinners, presentations, etc....They are really trying to sell you to Deloitte here. Some of the people you meet during Blitz you will work with once you get an offer, so it is important not only to form relationships with the interviewers, but your fellow candidates.

Interview Questions

• None really, just be prepared for case studies, both individual and group.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The process started with meeting with partners at their office over the course of two months. Next I had two phone interviews, one behavioral and one being a case. Be sure to go through the case interview training module that they have on the career page as it helps a lot. From there I was flown out for Blitz interviews where we had dinner the night before and three interviews at their office. We had one group case which was an interesting experience as you are competing with those around you but also need to show your team work skills, one behavioral and one traditional 1:1 case interview. Overall the experience was amazing and the recruiters are great at what they do and are very quick to respond if you have any questions throughout the process! Loved it!

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for hard questions in the case interviews. They ask you questions that make you feel as if you are wrong so they can see how you handle the situation in front of a client. Know that that is what they are testing you on. Be comfortable and confident with thinking on your toes.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It was pretty awesome, they made sure everyone was comfortable. There was an informal campus coffee interview, followed by a case and behavioural (campus again), and then an onsite (san francisco, as i chose it as my first preference i was surprised i got my first preference). The on site was quite amazing, we were catered to really well, and everything was taken care of. There was a company presentation followed by behavioral, case and group presentation interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were lots of unexpected questions during our group presentation.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I got my first round interview a week after I submitted my resume. They hold a case prep workshop at my university and provide some helpful tips. The first round is one case and one behavioral. The behavioral one is with a very nice senior consultant, although she asked pretty hard questions. Got invited for a final round two weeks after my first interview. The interview was 11am-3:45pm. There is one individual case, one behavioral, and one group case. The individual case and behavioral are both fair. But the group case caught my off-guard because I am not familiar with the way my team members think, and I ended up not contributing much during the case presentation at the end. I think that's why I didn't end up getting an offer. But overall the people are very nice and professional.