Deloitte

Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.3

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

The process took 4+ weeks and initially started through the on-campus recruiting system at my school. I attended as many on-campus events that the company held at various locations at my school in order to familiarize myself with the recruiters, employees, and the company itself; this is highly encouraged because when it comes down to crunch time, they can put a face to a piece of paper and they already know that you have invested some time in getting to know their company/show interest. They do an impeccable job with these events (professional attire/the way they represent the company/offer food/deliver great presentations/hand out Deloitte branded items).
I submitted my resume online through our school's website and applied through their website online.

I heard via email that I was selected to the first-round interviews at our career center. This consisted of one 30-minute case interview and one 30-minute behavioral interview, back-to-back with a senior manager and a partner, respectively. The case was challenging, especially because it was my first case interview. However, if you stay poised, calmly walk through your thought processes and analyses, explain your answer in a structured manner, and are not afraid to ask clarifying/guiding questions, you should be fine. The behavioral one was simpler for me because I turned the interview into a pleasant conversation. Here is where you sell your personality to the experienced practitioner. Make sure you know your resume like the back of your hand and that you can not only explain everything concisely/efficiently, but also how you can circle it back to being able to use what you learned in your experiences at their firm. Most important of all, use this opportunity to show them who you really are. They are looking to invest in your brain, exploit your strengths, and refine your weaknesses not only for the betterment of the company, but for your personal, professional development as well.

A week later, I was invited to attend the Blitz day at their office in Rosslyn. The recruiting team did a superb job of putting on this whirl-wind of a weekend. It kicked off by arriving at the hotel in which they had all of the out-of-town potential candidates stay at. Prospects, employees, managers, and recruiters alike attended an exquisite 3-course dinner that served as a networking event and opportunity to get to learn about the myriad of projects the practitioners were currently engaged in. The evening flew by and the next day proved to be a marathon.

From 8am-3pm we each partook in a group presentation, panels to learn more about the company, and two 30-minute behavioral interviews and one 30-minute case interview with lunch in between. The case was much easier for me this time after getting sufficient practice in between interview rounds. Practice and repetition with different types of case studies is key to getting them down. The behavioral ones were again, enjoyable conversations that essentially sold me on the company. Aside from the interviews, this particular office boasted its incredible view of the nation's capital which was, without a doubt, a major selling-point. It is imperative to stay composed throughout the whole day, as your utmost attention and sharpest responses are needed to succeed. The day is over before you know it, and Deloitte is focusing on figuring out whether you are right for them, and if they are right for you.

Half-way through the following week I received a call from one of the partners, extending an offer to me that I thought was fair, given my qualifications and work experience. Everyone was very helpful and nice throughout the entire process, making my final decision that much easier.

Interview Questions
  • Explain to me a time when your integrity was challenged, and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by invitation to attend "Blitz" day in NYC. Blitz was a gerat experience, lots of networking, dinners, presentations, etc....They are really trying to sell you to Deloitte here. Some of the people you meet during Blitz you will work with once you get an offer, so it is important not only to form relationships with the interviewers, but your fellow candidates.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just be prepared for case studies, both individual and group.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

It was pretty awesome, they made sure everyone was comfortable. There was an informal campus coffee interview, followed by a case and behavioural (campus again), and then an onsite (san francisco, as i chose it as my first preference i was surprised i got my first preference). The on site was quite amazing, we were catered to really well, and everything was taken care of. There was a company presentation followed by behavioral, case and group presentation interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were lots of unexpected questions during our group presentation.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Deloitte.

The process started with meeting with partners at their office over the course of two months. Next I had two phone interviews, one behavioral and one being a case. Be sure to go through the case interview training module that they have on the career page as it helps a lot. From there I was flown out for Blitz interviews where we had dinner the night before and three interviews at their office. We had one group case which was an interesting experience as you are competing with those around you but also need to show your team work skills, one behavioral and one traditional 1:1 case interview. Overall the experience was amazing and the recruiters are great at what they do and are very quick to respond if you have any questions throughout the process! Loved it!

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for hard questions in the case interviews. They ask you questions that make you feel as if you are wrong so they can see how you handle the situation in front of a client. Know that that is what they are testing you on. Be comfortable and confident with thinking on your toes.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

I got my first round interview a week after I submitted my resume. They hold a case prep workshop at my university and provide some helpful tips. The first round is one case and one behavioral. The behavioral one is with a very nice senior consultant, although she asked pretty hard questions.
    Got invited for a final round two weeks after my first interview. The interview was 11am-3:45pm. There is one individual case, one behavioral, and one group case. The individual case and behavioral are both fair. But the group case caught my off-guard because I am not familiar with the way my team members think, and I ended up not contributing much during the case presentation at the end. I think that's why I didn't end up getting an offer. But overall the people are very nice and professional.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Go to their website. It is like a bible. Memorize everything. Look at their case studies and the new info on the company. Blitz round includes one behavioral, one case, and one group case.

Interview Questions
    • What does this cost (during group case)
      Do not say a number!

Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

interviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

Applied through career services as a senior for a full time position as a Federal Human Capital Analyst. First round interviews conducted on campus, 30 minute case, 30 minute behavioral. Met the interviewers the night before at a meet and greet- so I suggest going to those. Case interview was about implementation of a cloud software and the interviewer was nice and helped a lot. Make sure that you are not asking for too much guidance by saying "does that sound about right". Be confident! I suggest going online and using the Vanderbilt preparation guide for cases. Behavioral interview as nothing out of the ordinary. The interviewer, who was a partner, had a sheet of questions that he would ask varying from the biggest risk you've ever taken to how you deal in teams. Went through to the final round in Arlington, VA- was a 2 day "Blitz. The best advice to give is utilize the "buddy" that they assign you during the interview process!!! You can ask them a ton of questions and practice the case on them. This was very helpful! Friday night there was a dinner where you were able to meet first year analysts to senior level management and partners. Saturday morning lasted from about 8 am until 4 pm. The day consisted of various panels about life at Deloitte and then 2 behavioral interviews, one case interview, and one group case interview. My behavioral interviewers were conducted by senior level management. The interviewers were less structured asked you to walk them through your resume and then asked about why Deloitte and why consulting. The behavioral interviewers were very comfortable and enjoyable in the final round. The case interview was about employee attrition and satisfaction in a company and was conducted by a senior level partner. As long as you take the time to structure your thoughts and clearly articulate that structure to the interviewer the case shouldn't go too bad. I studied a ton for my case and felt as though it went relatively smoothly because I was confident and comfortable in how to approach it. PRACTICE and RESEARCH! The group case was conducted in front of 3 interviewers and the team was made up of 5-6 people. The group case was an hour long- pretty much want to see that you can work in a team. Group case was what I was most nervous for and it was a breeze.

Above all my advice is to really research Deloitte- know about what they do as a company and why you want to do this. This sounds really obvious but being able to truly articulate why you fit in can move mountains. Be confident and be yourself!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Case interview was the most challenging. Try to learn generic frame works and watch some case interviews on youtube. You want to make sure that you stay away from obvious pitfalls like jumping straight to a solution.   Answer Question
    • Why Deloitte? Why consulting?   View Answer
    I didn't feel as though I could negotiate as this is my first job- spoke with career services director and he agreed to accept the offer without negotiation

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Online application
    Phone Interview
    Psychometric Assessment
    Assessment Centre

The assessment centre did not include an E-Tray. Rather a group case study while assessors observed in the background.

Afterwards, each candidate has 30minutes to write an email to the CEO about an issue which includes material from the case study. 1:1 interviews occur after - the usual why Deloitte, why your chosen field.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to apply current news into your group case study.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Deloitte.

The behavioral interview is easy if you are truly passionate about the position. Make sure you know what the job really entails.
    The case interview is similar to other Human Capital cases but the interviewer gave no indication of whether you were going in the right direction.
    Very competitive process.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Deloitte.

Applied online. The recruiter contacted me about one month later. I felt good about my phone interview; however, I didn't get to the next round. Interview questions are mainly about team work and how to deal with tough situation. My suggestion is do not schedule your phone interview close to the lunch time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you worked in a group and they didn't get along. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question