Deloitte

3.3

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

The interview process was typical of any other experienced consultant hire interview. I got this interview via an employee referral. A 30 min phone conversation with the recruiter was then followed by a 30 min phone interview with a manager of the practice, I was interviewing for. I had to then fly to Chicago for 3, 1:1 interviews. The interview with the senior consultant was fairly technical and revolved around my experience and questions related to that. The subsequent rounds with the manager and the partner were fairly generic and not related to the practice , most of the questions being situational.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too unexpected.
    1. Did you ever have to think out of the box to overcome a limitation of the product you were implementing? How did you overcome the limitation?
      Answer Question
If you are experienced, there's always room for negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Spring Hiring Process: Emailed me after receiving my resume - process moved pretty quickly from initial phone interviews (one case and one behavioral). They switch it up too and tell you that you will be interviewed by certain people then change them last minute. Next they call you into their office for two more interviews (behavioral and case). The interview process was great. Very easy and flowed nicely. The recruiters were all very nice.

My only negative comment would be about how long they took to get back to people after the interview process. They waited longer than they said they would, but Deloitte probably has that luxury because of how many people want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say this was difficult or unexpected but incredibly important: They almost always ask why deloitte and specifically why the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Deloitte in May 2014.

First submitted my resume through an internal referral at the end of March and was contacted the next day to talk with a recruiter. That was very laid back and really just to get an idea of what you are looking for and to get some more details about your resume. Need to make sure you build a rapport with your recruiter, they're your advocate throughout the process.

Then was scheduled for an initial phone interview with a Senior Manager. Was very behavioral and asked about most difficult class I've ever had and why, other "Tell me about a time when..." questions. Focuses were primarily on leadership and dealing with conflict.

Then was granted a second phone interview with another Senior Manager which was much more technical and went through a lot of the specific research experience that I had. He seemed to be gathering how much experience I had with it and what I felt comfortable with.

From there I was flown in to the Arlington Office, all expenses paid, for three in person interviews. One case and two behavioral interviews. The case was pretty straightforward and based off of actual client engagements that they are working on. Interesting to see what you would be doing and how you would handle solving the issues and the presenting resolutions to the client. Got an email the same day saying that I got positive feedback and was scheduled to talk with the Principal in charge. From there I was given a verbal offer and had the paperwork in the next two days.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. They were very clear about the process, make sure you know about Deloitte itself.   Answer Question
    Didn't do much negotiation, it's a pretty standard package based on experience and education (I have my masters). Was very fair.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

It's on-campus interview. The interview includes two parts, behavioral and case interview, just as what they had introduced in the pre-interview night event. BTW you should go to that event, they will give you examples and teach you how to prepare for the case interview. The two interviewers were both very nice.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview is not that hard, but you have to pay attention to your structure of the answer.   Answer Question

Behavioral, easy case

Interview Questions
    • Question of what to ask business lead when two companies are merging   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Two rounds. First was in person. 30min case and 30min behavioral. Case is simple if you read their website and now the hot words. Behavioral is conversational. Second round they flew me to a location where there was 4 interviews. 1-hour long group case. 1-30min case. 2-30min behavioral. They treat you with the most respect and you should do the same because you are always being watched.

Interview Questions
    • The group case interview because you are working with people you just met. You have to say enough, but not too much. Hard balance.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Went through on-campus recruiting process. First attended on-campus information session, then after dropping resume and cover letter received a first round interview over the phone which included one half an hour fit interview and one half an hour case interview. Was invited to a second round interview in the NYC office, which included 3 30 minute interviews as well as a group case.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your integrity was challenged.   Answer Question

Behavioral and Case

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2013.

Virtual Recruiting at my University with online application. First round of interview was 2 1 hour phone interviews - 1 behavioral and 1 case. The behavioral was very straightforward (tell me about yourself, why consulting, why Deloitte, why Human Capital, a time you failed, a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate). Case interview was very similar to the one on the Deloitte site - Interviewer had lots of information and wanted to have a conversation about it.

Final Round = Blitz Day. Intensive 2 day event in NYC. Networking events and dinners with high ranking partners, managers, and entry-level analysts. Interviews on the second day - 2 30 minute behavioral, 1 one hour case, 1 one hour group case and presentation.

Very similar to the first round of interviews. The weekend was great, all the people were very nice and were really interested in getting to know you. Very honest, interviews were straightforward and cases were like the first round

Very very competitive offer

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

campus recruiter rechedued a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • business case analysis. no numbers provided.   View Answer

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!