Deloitte

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Capital Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Campus recruiter was friendly and connected often; first interview was with recruiter and was informational about resume. Second interview was behavioral, questions like "In a consulting position, you often have to make decisions that not everyone is on board with. Give an example of a time you have had to do this. How did you handle it and what were the results?" This interview was with a partner. The case interview was with a partner also and was very challenging. I still don't know how to answer a case successfully

Interview Question – What has been your greatest accomplishment this year? Greatest failure?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – I received an interview through a campus résumé drop. Within two weeks I heard back from Deloitte, with notice of a first-round interview offer. They held a case interview workshop to help candidates prepare for the interview and know what to expect. On the day of my interview, I had one 30-min behavioral interview and one 30-min case interview, each conducted by different people.

Interview Question – The behavioral interview went very smoothly. My interviewer wanted to keep it conversational and asked me to elaborate on a few points from my résumé. The case interview was quite tough. The case was over mergers and acquisitions, which I don't know much about.   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was not bad, they assigned mentors to help with the case interview.

Interview Question – The business was quite ambiguous. The interviewer was not helpful with answering clarifying questions.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – On-campus resume drop. Invited to 2-hour case practice at Chicago offices. Following week invited to 30 min coffee chat near university. Then received invitation to first round interviews. One hour - 30 min case and 30 min behavioral. Received rejection 48 hours later. All professional.

Interview Question – Case level of moderate difficulty. Interested in ones' breath of knowledge rather than depth.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met at an informational interview, attended job fair and case study prep session. Two weeks later had in office interview 30 minutes behavioral, 30 minutes case study. I was just asked to attend the second round. Will be attending the two day session in Chicago.

Interview Question – Name a time that you worked in a group and they didn't get along. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting and heard back about an interview within 2 weeks of submitting application. Heard results of interview after 3 weeks.

Interview is 30 minutes case, 30 minutes behavioral. Case was fair, human capital related and relatively similar to their online example. Behavioral is standard and went by really quickly, but remember to carefully consider your answers for behavioral because it is more important that you think.

Interview Question – Merger and acquisition case   Answer Question

Interviewed at Deloitte

Interview Details – Deloitte came to on-campus recruit at my school. They were very friendly and it started with a 30 minute behavioral interview followed by a 30 minute case interview.

Interview Question – What project that you have worked on has been most fulfilling to you?   Answer Question

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Deloitte in August 2013.

Interview Details – The case study is difficult, but it is important to take your time

Interview Question – WHY you?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – Saw application on college web board. Applied and received interview on-campus (one behavioral and one case interview). Whole process took an hour. Then received offer for Blitz day in DC, with 2 behavioral, one individual case, and one group case. Rest of day was informative sessions about Deloitte. Did not receive offer.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you had to answer a question or complete a task without all of the information   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Deloitte in November 2012.

Interview Details – I went through campus recruitment. Deloitte is very good at reaching students at my university, they have multiple events and workshops for those interested. After applying online (there are quite a few applications and could be tedious), the first round interview was on campus, one 30 min behavioral and one 30 min case (you're randomly assigned to begin with either). Once I was invited to the interview, I had a Deloitte Buddy reach out to me and talk me through the process. The behavioral had standard questions like "tell me about a time you worked in a group with different perspectives and how you worked through it”, etc. The case was quite a general business case with a human capital focus (practice the interactive case on the website!), but they did have many “considerations” and you might have to prioritize because you can’t cover all aspects of the case in 30 mins. Really research the different Human Capital service lines, I heard that this first round interview is the one that “assigns” people to a service line later in the 2nd round.

The second round is also called the Blitz Rounds, and it’s a 2-day event (Friday & Saturday) at a location related to the office that will give you the offer (e.g. SF was recruiting for LA and SF). There are multiple networking events (happy hour, dinner, lunch, etc), and corporate presentations (about Deloitte, about Human Capital Consulting, etc). It sounds really intimidating, but is actually a lot of fun - the energy level is really high, especially from the Deloitte employees (who’re volunteering to participate in the Blitz weekend!). I didn’t come from a business background, so I could’ve worked more on “networking” more smoothly, but I still got an offer even though I didn’t “sell myself” as much as some other people did and focused instead more on learning about them and getting to know them, so don’t stress too much about it. All the interviews were on Saturday, and we had one group case and three 1:1 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case). Some people started with the group case, some people with the individual interviews. For the group case, I was assigned to a team of 4 and we were supposed to be Deloitte consultants who had to pitch Deloitte’s services to the client. A Deloitte facilitator observed us and offered tips along the way while we worked on proposing solutions for the client (~45 mins) and drafted the PowerPoint presentation (~10 mins) and then finally presented to the client (2 senior Deloitte employees) for 10 mins with 10 mins Q&A. I really had a good time with my group case, my group worked really well together - don’t think of them as competitors. During the presentation, be sure to keep the consultant hat on and don’t use too much jargons the clients won’t understand, demonstrate your ability to empathize with them, and be sure that you can sell Deloitte to them. The Q&A had some tough questions to push us on our solutions, so be sure you can back up your recommendations. The three individual interviews were like the first round (30 mins), though the questions tended to be more specific at that point (especially about the service line you’re interviewing for, so be sure to research on the website!)

Overall, the experience at Deloitte was extraordinary. The people were amazing, very enthusiastic, helpful and down-to-earth. Everyone I reached out to during campus recruitment made time to talk to me about the recruitment process and gave me valuable advice, so don’t be shy to reach out to them. Deloitte’s commitment to its people is also very tangible throughout the process (they really pamper you). There were a few glitches along the way (e.g. sometimes we would walk around with our Deloitte Blitz Ambassadors but they also weren’t sure where we were supposed to go), but these were usually minor mistakes and they were great at improvising.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience you had with visual representations (or something along those lines)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I felt the offer was good. Once I was given the offer, many Deloitte employees reached out to me (most of whom were alums of my school/program) and offered to chat with me if I had questions - I would advice others to take up that opportunity if they were unsure.